Jahns notebook: Bears can’t wait to see Montgomery in camp, Trubisky ‘more than fine’ against Pagano’s defense

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Name me 1 quarterback , not named deshaun”hof” watson, that doesn’t have a “what the fuck you doing” throw every game.
What makes you think Watson fits? Both he and Mitch got away with a few of those in their Playoff games. It's not just WTF throws, it's throws that are the correct read but go where the fuck and yes they all do it but the best don't do it every game. You can also throw good picks and WTF completions.

I think he can but Mitch needs to fix that(drop of the % down significantly).

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nagy is doing something really cool that speaks to both his offensive mind and ability to innovate:

He's installed/installing an incredibly complicated offense while also putting his young quarterback in the best position to succeed. This is the opposite of dumbing down an offense for a young quarterback and hoping to catch defenses off-guard before they can digest much tape.

No small task. This team's only getting better over the next couple of years.

This is a really fun time to be a Bears fan. Let's enjoy the hell out of it---We've earned it.
Will Mitch be significantly better with more time to throw? It really was a trial by fire last year.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
What makes you think Watson fits? Both he and Mitch got away with a few of those in their Playoff games. It's not just WTF throws, it's throws that are the correct read but go where the fuck and yes they all do it but the best don't do it every game. You can also throw good picks and WTF completions.

I think he can but Mitch needs to fix that(drop of the % down significantly).
Ummmm, deshaun Watson makes no mistakes that can be attributed to just himself. Seriously, you can only look to his linemen, receivers, backs and coaches to where the fault lies. They will soon rename the building in Canton to the Deshaun Watson building

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Russell Wilson.
Nope. He made 1 in the Bears game last year. I know because the Seahawks fans sitting next to me yelled it out as soon as he threw it. Try again scooter. LMFAO

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Considering Trubisky last year beat Watson *handily* in QBR (#3 to #13), I'd think that'd be the preferred method. It's worth noting Truisky also beat Watson in TDs per game, 1.7 to 1.6.

Anything could happen, but as a betting man, I wouldn't be surprised to see Watson's schtick hit a roadblock this year and for Trubisky to improve, causing Trubisky to pass Watson in YPG (last year, they were 260 vs. 230) and total TDs (last year, they were 26 vs. 24). And that was with Watson playing 16 games.
You are kidding me right? TRUBISKY HAD A HIGHER QBR? Is that better than passer rating. I honestly don’t know the difference.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope. He made 1 in the Bears game last year. I know because the Seahawks fans sitting next to me yelled it out as soon as he threw it. Try again scooter. LMFAO

You literally said "every game".

That is one game.

Please point out the other 15 from last season.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The Bears' entire receiving corps changed from 2017-2018 with the exception of their #6 Bellamy. How could they possibly NOT have the most unique personnel groupings? They essentially had the personnel of two teams.
Hmmm, but didn't the Rams also have a whole new WR corps as well? And they are dead last.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know what pisses me off? Banks in other countries offer badass services like virtual credit cards. Basically the way it works is that you have an account with that bank. They generate a one time use virtual credit card for the purchase you're making. After its used that number is no longer valid and your actual account is secured from fraud because of it. Name me one bank in the US that is offering that.
If you're interested, BofA offers that on their credit card (google ShopSafe). But generally speaking I've found that creating virtual cards becomes a chore unless it's absolutely a one-time purchase. I much prefer just using PayPal (even though some don't like it).

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

That is one game.

Lmao people in Seattle blame Russell for their woes. They want a pocket passer and think if he would just stay in there and deliver the ball then the line wouldn’t look so bad.

I guess every teams fan base is special in their own way.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you're interested, BofA offers that on their credit card (google ShopSafe). But generally speaking I've found that creating virtual cards becomes a chore unless it's absolutely a one-time purchase. I much prefer just using PayPal (even though some don't like it).

Where would I find that on BoA's site or app? I have credit cards from Chase, BoA, HSBC, Discover, Bancorp, CapitalOne and I have never seen them show virtual card services.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bears' entire receiving corps changed from 2017-2018 with the exception of their #6 Bellamy. How could they possibly NOT have the most unique personnel groupings? They essentially had the personnel of two teams.

I'll let you know the moment you actually talk something about football that makes sense.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hmmm, but didn't the Rams also have a whole new WR corps as well? And they are dead last.

That is because tweedle dumb thinks unique personnel groupings has to do with the player instead of the position. Personnel groupings are by position and where they're deployed. Nagy has thus far used a ton of groupings to confuse defenses. There are multiple approaches coaches take but the most common one is the Rams' approach of using the same groupings/formations and making defenses have to guess that way. Nagy has gone another direction by using groupings as his wrinkle on top of running multiple plays out of the same grouping and formation.

That is why I said earlier that even if you took out all of Nagy's trick plays using defensive players on offense, the Bears would still have had a high number of personnel groupings anyways. Because each time he added a defensive player on offense, he was deploying a new personnel grouping.

Last edited:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'll let you know the moment you actually talk something about football that makes sense.

Yeah, I'll take football advice from Windy, not someone who thinks a strong safety is a linebacker.

That is because tweedle dumb thinks unique personnel groupings has to do with the player instead of the position. Personnel groupings are by position and where they're deployed.

So you're surprised that a team that had two different coaches and playbooks had more varied groupings over that two year span than one that had the same coach and playbook.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah you're not brushing this one aside. You still don't know what you're talking about. Good luck with that.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah you're not brushing this one aside. You still don't know what you're talking about. Good luck with that.

If personnel groupings means positional deployments, why would you find it surprising that a team with two entirely different coaches and playbooks would have more than a team that had the same one? Do you have an answer for that, or are you going to avoid it by saying "you just don't get it"?

Does it count as a different personnel grouping when Amos is at linebacker?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I already explained it in a previous post. I can't learn for you. If Amos had been deployed on offense at any position at all then it would have been 33 unique personnel groupings on offense instead of 32. Do you need me to break out the crayons for you?

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

That is one game.

Well I didn’t watch every game he played in but as soon as I do I’ll get back to ya

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
That is because tweedle dumb thinks unique personnel groupings has to do with the player instead of the position. Personnel groupings are by position and where they're deployed. Nagy has thus far used a ton of groupings to confuse defenses. There are multiple approaches coaches take but the most common one is the Rams' approach of using the same groupings/formations and making defenses have to guess that way. Nagy has gone another direction by using groupings as his wrinkle on top of running multiple plays out of the same grouping and formation.

That is why I said earlier that even if you took out all of Nagy's trick plays using defensive players on offense, the Bears would still have had a high number of personnel groupings anyways. Because each time he added a defensive player on offense, he was deploying a new personnel grouping.
That's right. I recall the premise of the Rams offense is to have every play look exactly the same, so the defense doesn't know if it's a run, pass, or what kind of each.