Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Yes he likely would be that good. He's a rare talent that the Sox gave up for a bum.

Yes, if its one thing the Sox are good at; Its turning raw players into super star players.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Obviously.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
You're obviously only here to rub our noses in it that we traded him away. ?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't understand how Hahn can keep his job and reputation after that one.

I didn't even understand why the White Sox were taking on Shields money if there was no return for San Diego, given his recent struggles (like getting blown the fuck up for 8 runs in 3 innings every other outing for months before the trade)

Like...he didn't help the team...there was little chance he would help the team make a play-off push...he didn't help the financials, he cost money...

It was an insane acquisition if the cost were zero at the time. I didn't understand the trade or the prospects we gave up or I probably would have melted down.

Well...damn....that player would look incredible at SS on this roster and probably with Madrigal...we are looking at the GM trying to cover his arse and probably fucked up anther move because he knows his shit was going to stink to high heaven once Tatis Jr rolls to his first all-star game.

In a second attempt to bandage one of baseballs all time foolish blunders, just absolute pure stupidity this acquisition on every level,

The White Sox have acquired a few weeks ago Tatis Jr's little brother.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I don't understand how Hahn can keep his job and reputation after that one.
{/quote]

You don;t win every trade.

I didn't even understand why the White Sox were taking on Shields money if there was no return for San Diego
SD paid most of his salary.

Like...he didn't help the team...
Guys like Giolito and Lopez beg to differ.

Tatis has back issues. Could be something he never gets right with and has to retire early (ala Joe Crede)

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Damn, Tatis Jr. out for the season.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well...Brett
That means you understand the Lord and the Tatis jr. trade,

I can only look on in admiration, and be in awe.

"$27 million and $31 million of the remaining $58 million on Shields' salary"

That barely qualifies for "most" on the higher end...

So what your saying is that our revered owner, who will be respected for fighting racist attitudes over 30 years before Trump took office,

couldn't pass up a deal? Like this was shopping at Marshall's? Hmmmm this was 58,000,000 on sale for 30,000,000 and Tatis Jr? Tatis Jr isn't worth 28,000,000 for like another decade if all went well...

Balance sheet favors White Sox. Oh I get it now.

"Shields, 34, is 2-7 with a 4.28 ERA in his second season with San Diego. He gave up 10 runs in 2 2/3 innings in his most recent start Tuesday. Padres executive chairman Ron Fowler called out Shields after the outing."

So clearly his slippage wasn't all that bad yet...however, my recollection was that wasn't the first blow up outing in the last couple months, and it was clear something was wrong. That 4.28 wasn't as noticeable maybe but I knew...as a sports better I was going against him every 5 days at that time which is why it shocked me at the time. I was already fading the guy, because 4.28 up from 3.5 career, was only noticable if you factored in the 1.5 run switch from A.L. to N.L.

He had lost his fastball velocity and was getting hit real hard at the time. Thats a 2-3 N.L. E.R.A...up to 4.28 with some bad performances that would have been worse in the A.L..

like he was losing viability even with the N.L. rules. Bringing him back to the A.L. translates back to 5.5 runs per game or so...the reality is you should never have thought you were getting the guy from K.C. or Tampa Bay. He was already giving up 2.5 runs per game more than his history, and like I said...getting hit really really hard.

you shoulnd't run to the cash register to spend 30,000,000 on a 5.5 e.r.a that is trending down.

It is very disingenuous to say they paid "most" of it.
The White Sox paid alot.

But lets just

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know what Ok is anymore.

Alot of people are not ok and suffering. In my case it is self induced suffering...so I can't feel bad about it and ask nobody to. A business loan would have been nice, I could have made alot of people alot of money. Its hard to get people to believe in you when your sanity ebs and flows and you walk the shoreline of suicide for 20 years.

The mind can only take so much. My body and spirit shut down 7 years ago now, and I endured a period of intense emotional pain...almost came through it...got out of the judicial for profit system.

Now I am going back in the system. Or the end can be nye, I don't really care anymore. It would have been cleaner to give up a long time ago.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Baseball people knew what he was. Apples don't usually fall too far from the tree.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I don't know what Ok is anymore.

Alot of people are not ok and suffering. In my case it is self induced suffering...so I can't feel bad about it and ask nobody to. A business loan would have been nice, I could have made alot of people alot of money. Its hard to get people to believe in you when your sanity ebs and flows and you walk the shoreline of suicide for 20 years.

The mind can only take so much. My body and spirit shut down 7 years ago now, and I endured a period of intense emotional pain...almost came through it...got out of the judicial for profit system.

Now I am going back in the system. Or the end can be nye, I don't really care anymore. It would have been cleaner to give up a long time ago.

Hang in there brother. You’re one of my favorite posters on this forum I would hate to hear anything happened to you

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Rumor has it that the Padres kept asking teams for top tier specs and it spurned quite a few away. They started calling back teams and I believe the White Sox were the only ones willing to still speak with the Padres as long as Anderson and Fulmer were off the table.
Like a fine wine...