Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Can't wait for David Ross!

I get why they did got rid of him, but man this is gonna be a big mistake.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't wait for David Ross!

I get why they did got rid of him, but man this is gonna be a big mistake.
I like David Ross, knows the game and definitely would be good with the players but no managerial experience.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
1) Joe Girardi
2) John Farrell
3) Don Wakamatsu

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I don't believe Ross will leave his cush job

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
He should have been let go after last season. Now the blunt amount of fingerprinting and pressure has to be on the FO including the "we don't have any more [money] " Ricketts' family.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
First off, there are plenty of conflicting stories here. It was widely announced that Theo and Joe would meet after yesterdays game. Then there is this story:

of Joe calling the team together in the courtyard of the hotel on FRIDAY.

Joe made up his mind. I am sure he smelled what was going to happen, but if Theo asked him for another year, it sounds like Joe would have said no.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Cubs went 108 years in between titles. Now just 3 seasons after ending that drought, where there might have been 5 hopeful seasons in the 35 before the current regime got here, and it's essentially "screw these guys." Were mistakes made? Absolutely, some huge. But let's not pretend things could really be much better. Has Darvish been as advertised? No. Jake Arrieta hasn't set baseball on fire either since leaving.

My point being, we can second guess and even had a reservation before hand about players who were signed or traded away. But in these 5 years, Only the Astros and Dodgers have had as much success as the Cubs. They could have more, but not a lot more. In that same stretch, we've watched the Mets get to point of possibly dismantling and starting over. The Red Sox have gone from winning the Series to out of the playoffs and having a strapped future with lots of money tied up in what could be dead arms. Houston has to start really paying guys starting next year. The Yankees are in for it a couple of years later.

I want the Cubs to be great and make better choices. It's time for a new voice. Perhaps it's time for more than one. Either way, I got to see at least one title.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It is insane that people want a front office change.

Joe will always have a special place in Cubs history but it is time to change.

Worst in baseball in errors and outs on the bases is indicator that he wasn’t holding people accountable.

He may take the SD job and be in very similar situation as he was with the Cubs. I wish him well.

But the team needs to stop giving away outs on the bases and in the field. Hamels addressed that. Pitchers weren’t terribly far off from 2016, but that year defense was great.

Many of same players are now playing terrible defensively. I love Javy, but this whole “let Javy be Javy” is wrong. Same with Contreras. He is talented but plays dumb. Giving up an extra base trying to make the flashy play is not the smart way to play.

Brewers and cards played much better D and beat us out. We need to value fundamentals and not worry about letting the players do whatever they want.

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
ROSS Update :

I heard on am1000 a few days ago them playing a national interview w/ Ross and he wasnt fully aboard about taking the job because he said he liked being w/ his kids and his current lifestyle with his part time tv gig. But also said he had an inch to come back into that dugout.

Now it seems after Joe is officially gone he may feel more comfortable talking about it.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He should have been let go after last season. Now the blunt amount of fingerprinting and pressure has to be on the FO including the "we don't have any more [money] " Ricketts' family.

246M

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I love Joe Maddon. I learned a lot from watching and hearing little details of his management style. I’ve also been on record watching the team this season that they needed a different voice. They do. Both parties recognized that. Thanks, Joe! Now, Theo, go get Girardi and make some trades that are actually in the Cubs’ favor this off-season.