Joe Maddon's Job Security

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
He would have been a great fit for the Cubs many long years ago pre-Ricketts ownership.

Don't forget that Theo reportedly made him an offer through back channels before he resigned his last deal with NY, so there was interest once. That said if they do move on after 2019 I'd expect a younger guy like Torey Lovullo.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Joe started in the Angel organization didnt he? If Theo is not giving him an extension, how ugly do we really want it to get here? The best thing for our organization is to make it look like Joe wanted to leave. Theo can play that as to why he did not get the extension.

People who believe Maddon singlehandedly won the world series are not living in reality. Go back to game 7 and see how Joe tried to fuck that up. Have lester throwing 200 pitches warming up for 3 innings, then not starting him in a clean inning.

dont get me started on the Strop at bat, or people seriously believing that our MVP, Kris Bryant, has absolutely no problem getting tossed around like Joes salad from right to left to third.

The talent this team had, to get to 400 wins was never asking much.

Joe wants to be in the driver seat. Use players as he sees fit, not how the front office is arranging the roster.

Its either, I did not get an extension so I took the opportunity where I started.

Or Joe wanted to go to Anaheim so we felt his heart was not here anymore.

OUR ORGANIZATION you go the second option.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Joe started in the Angel organization didnt he?
Yes. That's why I posted this earlier-
The only thing reasonable about it is Maddon got his start in the Angels organization.

People who believe Maddon singlehandedly won the world series are not living in reality.
Nobody believes this or has ever argued this. A manager can't singlehandedly win 1 game because they aren't actually playing in the game.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes. That's why I posted this earlier-

Nobody believes this or has ever argued this. A manager can't singlehandedly win 1 game because they aren't actually playing in the game.

LOL...amazing that some "idiots" have a take on things that are wrong every time. You'd think the rules of chance would dictate he'd be correct on some topic.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
LOL...amazing that some "idiots" have a take on things that are wrong every time. You'd think the rules of chance would dictate he'd be correct on some topic.

I always thought / assumed that was a parody account as it has idiot in the name and has the wrong take on literally every topic.

I assumed it was masterful tongue in cheek trolling.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It makes a lot of sense. If they don't get it done and Theo plans big changes to the lineup after that, it's as good a time as any to change managers, too.

I sure hope they aren't looking to go the Dodgers route and hire a guy willing to be dictated the daily lineups, etc.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
It makes a lot of sense. If they don't get it done and Theo plans big changes to the lineup after that, it's as good a time as any to change managers, too.

I sure hope they aren't looking to go the Dodgers route and hire a guy willing to be dictated the daily lineups, etc.

Remember when everyone was shitting on Maddon and praising Roberts in the 2016 NLCS?

Yeah.

chibears55

Liked Posts:

If they dont bump Maddon this offseason, he definitely on the hot seat during the season and if they look flat i can see a move made then

Pretty much like the Hawks just did with Q

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If they dont bump Maddon this offseason, he definitely on the hot seat during the season and if they look flat i can see a move made then

Pretty much like the Hawks just did with Q
Theo just said he's back for 2019. How do you come up with "if they don't bump him this off-season"? Yikes.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Anything can change over the winter..

I dont take anything these guys say as concrete

Maddon could just prefer to go now over being under a microscope all year

I remember Zimmer quitting cause he was told he was going to be reevaluated

I bet Q was told he had their support going into the season

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Anything can change over the winter..

I dont take anything these guys say as concrete

Maddon could just prefer to go now over being under a microscope all year

I remember Zimmer quitting cause he was told he was going to be reevaluated

I bet Q was told he had their support going into the season
LOL. Maddon choosing to leave is a lot different than "getting bumped". I would strongly consider removing the source of your rumor from my daily reading, if I were you.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
LOL. Maddon choosing to leave is a lot different than "getting bumped". I would strongly consider removing the source of your rumor from my daily reading, if I were you.
I gave an opinion, didn't say anything about a rumor

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I gave an opinion, didn't say anything about a rumor
Ah. Got it. You're not the guy who relayed the rumor that Maddon and the Angels "had mutual interest", but someone with your moniker did.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Ah. Got it. You're not the guy who relayed the rumor that Maddon and the Angels "had mutual interest", but someone with your moniker did.
What does that from what ? 2 - 3 months ago have anything to do with today post

Plus there were plenty of speculation that Angels and Maddon had interest in each other

Lol

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
What does that from what ? 2 - 3 months ago have anything to do with today post

Plus there were plenty of speculation that Angels and Maddon had interest in each other

Lol
October 9 to Nov 6 is less than 1 month, not 2-3 months. And no. There was not "plenty of speculation". Not only did Epstein state Maddon would be back as soon as the season was over, he further confirmed it to both Maddon and his agent with the latest information available.