Johnny Knox Update

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Recently uploaded video from the Bears with Spice Adams and Johnny Knox out for Goodwill. It's absolutely awesome to see Knox walking normally and he looks a lot better. Just thought it was interesting and that maybe some people have been curious of his recovery so far.

[video=youtube;dcfwqMfhtXQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcfwqMfhtXQ[/video]

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
That image of his career ending injury is something never to forget. I’m glad to see he still has a functioning life after that

Yeah that was a gruesome injury. I remember a few years ago, I almost made one of my friends throw up on the spot by showing him the video of Knox getting folded.

A part of me can't help but wonder what could have been if Knox was around when we had Marshall, Jeffrey, Bennett and Forte. Having that one last speed piece would have been awesome (though not sure Cutty could have taken full advantage of it).

But definitely glad to see he's doing better and looks to be almost back to a normal person when he's walking.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I like how people seem to forget Knox wasn't good. He wouldn't battle for the ball.
It's just like Hester's speed. If you won't go up and get the ball when you get there it's nearly worthless.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well he certainly wasn't great in crossing the defender's face, but the defense was forced to keep a safety honest or else this would happen:
[video=youtube;yUg0Fvlb9C4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUg0Fvlb9C4[/video]

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Well he certainly wasn't great in crossing the defender's face, but the defense was forced to keep a safety honest or else this would happen:
[video=youtube;yUg0Fvlb9C4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUg0Fvlb9C4[/video]

An extremely accurate long distance QB surely could've put his (and Hester's) speed to better use. But those QBs are rare and you need a good Oline to go with it.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ironically, one could argue Grossman was a better deep-ball passer than Cutler.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Ironically, one could argue Grossman was a better deep-ball passer than Cutler.

I don't think so. Him putting the ball where only the defender could catch it had better not have been on purpose.

He did seem to have fewer of those WTF throws to the defense with no offense around but that wasn't a deep ball thing.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
I like how people seem to forget Knox wasn't good. He wouldn't battle for the ball.
It's just like Hester's speed. If you won't go up and get the ball when you get there it's nearly worthless.

No, he was fine. He wasn't great. He was average, but I just meant that given the Trestman era, one of the biggest missing pieces that everyone seemed to point out, was the lack of a speedy deep threat. Knox was just that. And yes, he wasn't a go-up-and-get-it guy. He was a burner and would have kept safeties honest to let everyone else thrive. Also, Alshon was the go-up-and-get-it guy and he could run deep routes well. Having both Jeffrey and Knox running go routes would leave one of them open.

But really, I just wanted to post the video for anyone, like me, who was just curious how he was doing. It was nice to see him leading a pretty normal life when it really could have easily gone an even worse way, so I wanted to share with everyone.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
No, he was fine. He wasn't great. He was average, but I just meant that given the Trestman era, one of the biggest missing pieces that everyone seemed to point out, was the lack of a speedy deep threat. Knox was just that. And yes, he wasn't a go-up-and-get-it guy. He was a burner and would have kept safeties honest to let everyone else thrive. Also, Alshon was the go-up-and-get-it guy and he could run deep routes well. Having both Jeffrey and Knox running go routes would leave one of them open.

But really, I just wanted to post the video for anyone, like me, who was just curious how he was doing. It was nice to see him leading a pretty normal life when it really could have easily gone an even worse way, so I wanted to share with everyone.

I question whether he makes that team. Emery was trying to move away from the Bears of old and get real WRs.
Now if Angelo had made moves to get an offense I could see Knox doing something along the way.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I met Johnny Knox after his injury. He told me that his doctors are bending over backwards just so he is able to walk again. Looks like they did a good job.