Jordan Howard Catching 200-300 Extra Balls Every Practice

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I think it will help a bunch. Remember that we want he to go from bad to ok. The extra work should help him get there. Now I am not saying that he will suddenly end up with natural hand catching ability, but rather, show enough improvement to not be a liability in the passing game.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its the diference of 7-8 versus 3 million for 4 years.... 16-20 million addtl dollareeees HELL Ya I would have had everyone I knew in High School over to play catch, me running in and outs and circles, every single day of the offseason ALSO

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it will help a bunch. Remember that we want he to go from bad to ok. The extra work should help him get there. Now I am not saying that he will suddenly end up with natural hand catching ability, but rather, show enough improvement to not be a liability in the passing game.

From what has been said about him already in TC Howard is now Ok and working on being everything he can be besides an average RB receiver outta the backfield.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glad he is practice and showing improvement, but true test is first high pressure situation, will his hands turn back to stone?

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think his biggest woe was him thinking about turning upfield before he had the ball tucked away. I think it made his focus slightly off. It's like in a fight if you fuckin close your eyes WHAMMM

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Couldn't hurt.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
To me it’s not that Howard can’t catch, I’ve always thought his confidence and focus just aren’t there. If his confidence increases his pass catching may be improved. Reps are important for him.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Hopefully he is practicing the right way.

Standing in front of a JUGS Machine for 30 minutes catching balls is not the same as running a route, having a defender bearing down on you and catching the ball.

I agree with most that his drops were mainly focus based. He is not a natural enough catcher to be able to turn up field and secure the catch without looking.

I hope he gets better, but you know the other element is Trubisky's confidence in throwing the ball to him. If Trubs feels like he has to throw a perfect pass to Howard in order for him to catch it, he might be hesitant to throw him the ball at all.

I'm glad he is working on it, because that is him doing his part, but this does not mean that the issue is resolved.