Jordan Howard Trade Prediction Thread

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Where do you think he will go and what will the Bears get in return?

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, if he goes to a team that will utilize him correctly they would not regret it.
It will make the Bears look stupid when he is top 3 in yards next year for another team and all we get in return is a #4 or 5 pick.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Howard and our 7th for Patrick Mahomes and KC's 4, and move Trubisky to RB!

Get her done Pace!

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like in order to get a third or better we'd have to package another pick in there for someone. I just don't see anything better than a 5th for him straight up.

But then again I know nothing.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Honestly, if he goes to a team that will utilize him correctly they would not regret it.
It will make the Bears look stupid when he is top 3 in yards next year for another team and all we get in return is a #4 or 5 pick.
How so? He is a good scheme fit 2 down back what do you think that type of player is worth? He isn't going to be in Chi after 2019-2020 trade or not.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If just trading him straight up prior to the draft, best you can hope for is a 4th. However, I doubt it will go down that way, more likely to be packaged in a draft day trade by Pace to move up, or maybe a player for a player swap. I see no reason for Pace to simply create a need that he would have to use the 4th round pick he got for him to fill the position, not with Bears in a "win now" mode. I also don't see any reason for a team to give up a third, for what essentially will be a one year rental on a two down back.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Jones, Forte, now Howard?? Why are the JETS all about the Chitown sloppy seconds??

Who wore it best?

I have to go with Forte.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

I could see them trying to move up in the draft or something...but yeah, simply getting a 4th or 5th round pick has the potential to bring back the "Pace got played" chorus after Howard has a great year somewhere else.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Ex coach Gase will want his boy. Give us a 2nd Gase, for old times sake.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
schefter reported multiple teams approached the bears for howard. but my prediction is no team will trade for howard.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Howard had the 6th most carries in the NFL and didn’t even break 1000 yards. He’s just not a scheme fit and it’s time to move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fine with a 4th. A 3rd would be a dream.

baredown

Liked Posts:
The Bears are primed for a SuperBowl run this year. Howard is the only quality feature back on the roster. In that situation, you don't deliberately weaken a key position, and then hope you'll be able to come up with something better. You work on finding something better, and only after succeeding in that do you consider moving your existing feature back for something. Even if Howard as feature back was sub-optimal last year, he's still better than going into the year with some combination of Cunningham, Mizzell, FA RB retread, and/or unproven rookie mid-rounder. Howard will have had a year to adapt to Nagy, and more importantly Nagy will have had an off-season to figure out how to make better use of Howard. It's silly to believe that head coaches can't/won't adapt their system to make optimal use of the skills of the players they have...

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Bears are primed for a SuperBowl run this year. Howard is the only quality feature back on the roster. In that situation, you don't deliberately weaken a key position, and then hope you'll be able to come up with something better. You work on finding something better, and only after succeeding in that do you consider moving your existing feature back for something. Even if Howard as feature back was sub-optimal last year, he's still better than going into the year with some combination of Cunningham, Mizzell, FA RB retread, and/or unproven rookie mid-rounder. Howard will have had a year to adapt to Nagy, and more importantly Nagy will have had an off-season to figure out how to make better use of Howard. It's silly to believe that head coaches can't/won't adapt their system to make optimal use of the skills of the players they have...

exactly!!!! Howard also was producing way more in the last 5 games. He was adapting to the system and Nagy was adapting on how to use him best