Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anyone named Jordan was meant for Chicago.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I like him but the Mahomes compare is too strong. Patrick didn't miss as many easy throws. That said, I like calculated risk takers at the position, especially at the pro level. He's no slam dunk but if Pace targeted him, I wouldn't complain.

lol, mahomes was once of the most mixed bag prospects in a long time. Dude was a heavy project that worked.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol, mahomes was once of the most mixed bag prospects in a long time. Dude was a heavy project that worked.
Did he miss easy throws, Sybil? The only arm issue he had in college is rarely flying a hard one. Lots of other things needed work but the reason he was my 2nd rated QB, second taken in the top 10 picks that year and turned out this good was what I considered a generational arm. Considered not ready to start instantly, yes, but also the most natural talent. Easily the highest ceiling due to that arm. You are such a fucking dismissive authority when you're wrong or the off chance you're right. Why don't you take it down a notch so posters aren't so justified giving you the shit you so rightfully deserve all the time. Starting a thread to declare you've given up on Mitch after white knighting him for so long and doing a full 180. You're just not that important.

LOL to you sir.

Last edited:

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Jalen Hurts.

We have tried the developmental athlete and it failed.

Lets try it with a guy with a brain and a backbone.
Agree with Jalen Hurts. If nothing else, he would be able to contribute as a switch up to Foles in goal line packages and short yardage situations

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just checked NFL draft profile on these guys and they compare Love to Bortles and Hurts to Tebow. I think Love is going to to be better than that but I highly doubt he's in a move up to 1st round scenario for us. That said, of the professional mocks I've seen, he's going anywhere from #8 to the the 2nd round. I take Love if there or close but I'm not a fan of Hurts for this O. If we take a QB, I think it will come down to something more like Gordon in 6 or 7.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I just checked NFL draft profile on these guys and they compare Love to Bortles and Hurts to Tebow. I think Love is going to to be better than that but I highly doubt he's in a move up to 1st round scenario for us. That said, of the professional mocks I've seen, he's going anywhere from #8 to the the 2nd round. I take Love if there or close but I'm not a fan of Hurts for this O. If we take a QB, I think it will come down to something more like Gordon in 6 or 7.

I agree that it’s more likely we draft a QB in the later rounds, but you never know with Pace. I don’t agree with the Hurts-Tebow comp. Hurts is a far better passer. He does very well on RPOs and timing routes, and obviously scrambling. Would fit this offense wee IMO. But, you’re right. With Foles and Bray signed, next year may be the year Pace drafts a QB high.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree that it’s more likely we draft a QB in the later rounds, but you never know with Pace. I don’t agree with the Hurts-Tebow comp. Hurts is a far better passer. He does very well on RPOs and timing routes, and obviously scrambling. Would fit this offense wee IMO. But, you’re right. With Foles and Bray signed, next year may be the year Pace drafts a QB high.
I agree that he throws better overall though Tebow actually had a good deep ball. And who knows, Love may fall. Drafts always have a guy that falls due to what happens before him and team needs though I just don't see it with Love. Only takes on team to want him.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I agree that he throws better overall though Tebow actually had a good deep ball. And who knows, Love may fall. Drafts always have a guy that falls due to what happens before him and team needs though I just don't see it with Love. Only takes on team to want him.

I think he goes to the Pats.

Hungrybear

Liked Posts:
I would rather trade down with one of our 2nd round picks and pick up a late 2nd a 3rd and a 4th( throw in one of our late round pics if we have to) . I think we need a corner and a safety along with a few offensive linemen then a qb in the later rounds(Anthony Gordon or James Morgan would be my pick)

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a big fan of Gordon myself

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
And rattles off 5 rings :(

I just don’t see it with him man. I can’t give you too many specific reasons, I just have a feeling he’s overhyped and won’t do much. Kind of like Mitch, actually.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I just don’t see it with him man. I can’t give you too many specific reasons, I just have a feeling he’s overhyped and won’t do much. Kind of like Mitch, actually.

IDK that he's "overhyped". He had some final yr. personnel and coaching changes, thus the higher ints. He certainly has more experience than Mitch coming outta college.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
IDK that he's "overhyped". He had some final yr. personnel and coaching changes, thus the higher ints. He certainly has more experience than Mitch coming outta college.

I guess. One good season out of 3. At least Mitch had one good season out of one.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I guess. One good season out of 3. At least Mitch had one good season out of one.

Right so Love has more experince and is 1-1 in bowl games. Mitch lost his only bowl game to an inferior low ranked defense .

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Right so Love has more experince and is 1-1 in bowl games. Mitch lost his only bowl game to an inferior low ranked defense .

You’re proving my point. He reminds me of Mitch. I’ll say it again-Love was playing ball in a shitty conference and still could not dominate. At least Wentz dominated when he was in college. The teams Love played wouldn’t get out of the first quarter against the teams Hurts beat consistently.

Love may prove to be successful. But I have never seen a QB hyped so much who had average overall stats against some of the weakest competition in the country.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You’re proving my point. He reminds me of Mitch. I’ll say it again-Love was playing ball in a shitty conference and still could not dominate. At least Wentz dominated when he was in college. The teams Love played wouldn’t get out of the first quarter against the teams Hurts beat consistently.

Love may prove to be successful. But I have never seen a QB hyped so much who had average overall stats against some of the weakest competition in the country.

well the guys I see hyped are Herbert, Fromm and Eason. Keep this in mind.....it's a team sport, no one player will "dominate."
He's Jordan Love, not Micheal Jordon.:)
Even Joe Burrow needed help from his LSU teammates. He won't have the talent around him in pros.