CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Speaking of trades, how about that DJ LeMahieu!

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I for one wouldn't mind him at 2B. At least he fills a needed role.
I was more thinking about how dependable his bat has been and if Theo could have a trade back, I would hope it would be LeMahieu for Stewart. Where is Beckdawg? He would likely add some insight with the numbers as to why I may be wrong.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was more thinking about how dependable his bat has been and if Theo could have a trade back, I would hope it would be LeMahieu for Stewart. Where is Beckdawg? He would likely add some insight with the numbers as to why I may be wrong.
It was Tyler Colvin/LeMahieu for Stewart and some pitcher who only last like two years with us. It was the great purge.

I remember getting shit saying LeMahieu is not going to be much. I watched the guy for a long time. I knew his stick would play and he was a good defender. He has turned out better than I thought, but I think my words will he will be a big leaguer for 10 plus years. Stewart was hated by his team mates in Colorado.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
We talk a lot about Dj Lemehiu as this white whale when with him here, the team probably is way more aggressive in trading Baez AND it’s incredibly unlikely they’d have signed Zobrist and Fowler in 2016 and those guys were absolutely vital to a WS.

No team is perfect.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We talk a lot about Dj Lemehiu as this white whale when with him here, the team probably is way more aggressive in trading Baez AND it’s incredibly unlikely they’d have signed Zobrist and Fowler in 2016 and those guys were absolutely vital to a WS.

No team is perfect.

Wow. Never thought about it in that light. Good points but their lack talent recognition cost them as they got virtually nothing in return for him.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

No team is perfect.

Fair enough

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm more concerned looking at 2020 myself. Talking about the past mistakes is fun and all but falls under coulda woulda and shoulda.

Making the current team competitive should be their goal.

But the past does tell a tale of their nature. They are far from perfect in their choices and we have to be cognizant of that when we view the Brain trust.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

S is right on this. They made deals to do them vs take the time to really evaluate the talent Jim left. All of them were in AAA at the time and it wasn't only DJ tossed. He left Flatery fall in Rule V to The O's and Marrwin Gonzalez on Rule V to Texas. So they were more about tossing the trash and pushing their own adjenda vs really looking at what they had in talent.

It just shows me that they had no respect for Jim as a talent evaluater and assumed that his picks were faulty as a whole. Including Baez who they said they would have passed over.

It has the feeling of arrogance.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
S is right on this. They made deals to do them vs take the time to really evaluate the talent Jim left. All of them were in AAA at the time and it wasn't only DJ tossed. He left Flatery fall in Rule V to The O's and Marrwin Gonzalez on Rule V to Texas. So they were more about tossing the trash and pushing their own adjenda vs really looking at what they had in talent.

It just shows me that they had no respect for Jim as a talent evaluater and assumed that his picks were faulty as a whole. Including Baez who they said they would have passed over.

It has the feeling of arrogance.

There was a time when they could do no wrong....

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The 2 best tranactions were getting Hendricks and Arretta. But as a whole the rest made them worse.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well...

maybe you got Soler/Schwarber incrementally wrong as many predicted at the time...

but to keep in context as far as GM choices go,

at least this wasn't Tatis Jr for Shields and cash.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well...

maybe you got Soler/Schwarber incrementally wrong as many predicted at the time...

but to keep in context as far as GM choices go,

at least this wasn't Tatis Jr for Shields and cash.

No shit.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Rizzo too

Team if they did not trade:

LF: Schwarber
CF Heyward
RF Eloy

3B Bryant
SS Baez
2B Torres
1B Soler
C Contras

Bench
Candinado (Bryant to 1B)
Almora

Caratini was a trade with Rizzo and Russell. 1B you also could have pushed Schwarber and Soler/Eloy at the corners.

So IMO there is nothing wrong with holding the deck. Trades are not this magical answer to problems.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But, A guy that I would target this off season is Didi Gregorius.

Yankees are currently getting:

WAR
3B Urshela 3.0
SS Torres 3.0
2B LeMahieu 4.6
1B Voit 1.6

Stanton returning who can play 1B.
Ellsbury getting 22Mil and they can DH with.

They even have a opt on Encarnacion but that is over kill IMO.

But they could push Baez back to 2B and have Didi at SS. Or vice versa.

Now I really don't see him as a lead off. Lets get that out of the way first. Career .315 OBA. No. But he is a 20 HR bat that puts the ball into play. So IMO the Yanks are not going to retain with the roster in place. They have better options in house.

I was thinking more so leading off with Rizzo and using Didi, Heyward and Schwarber to split up the RH.

Say they targeted him and Castellanos. I'm guessing it would be a 35 mil hit next year. Cubs have a 133M fixed going in.

Rizzo has a opt {$14.5M club option} with Q {$10.5M club option} . You pick up both. Phelps {$1M club option} you drop with Morrow{$12M vesting option ($3M buyout) } and Derek Holland {$7M club option ($0.5M buyout)} Daniel Descalso {$3.5M club option ($1M buyout)}

Basically they need to reduce overhead to retain Baez and Bryant long term.

So I would approach the team as
Rizzo 1B
Castellanos RF
Didi SS/2B
Bryant 3B
Schwarber LF
Baez 2B/SS
Heyward CF
Contreras C

Bench Happ, Caratini, Bote and they should look for another LH bat for a role player.

On the pitching side they have Chatwood and he has pretty much proved that he is capable for going back to the rotation. So they really have to do nothing here.

Pen they need a 8th inning primary arm. I would rather trade for one myself. Dellin Betances would be the prime mover in F/A.