Jungle juice next lvl advice

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Got a block party coming up and am being no frills but dont want to do a frat jungle juice. Any recommendations for something that could pass as a legit cocktail?

I'm forgoing everclear and doing a couple 1.75 of Kirkland vodka.

Adding fruit punch and sparkling waters to that and of course (duh, koolaid packets) to that.

Fruit suggestions? Spices? Burning peels of citrus? Fruit? Gumby candies?

Anyone with next level advice to propel the juice into next levels?

Tia

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was thinking pomegranate juice and crushed up lime fruit. Maybe dumping some sweet vermouth in there. Idk. Apparently there's a cocktail contest I have to bring a pitcher to.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Got a block party coming up and am being no frills but dont want to do a frat jungle juice. Any recommendations for something that could pass as a legit cocktail?

I'm forgoing everclear and doing a couple 1.75 of Kirkland vodka.

Adding fruit punch and sparkling waters to that and of course (duh, koolaid packets) to that.

Fruit suggestions? Spices? Burning peels of citrus? Fruit? Gumby candies?

Anyone with next level advice to propel the juice into next levels?

Tia

I am not sure how big of a batch you are making but if you are doing two 1.75 of vodka you need at least a couple of two liters of Seven Up in the mix for a more traditional end point. That is including and depending on the amounts of the other mixers you are adding.

Id put at least one large seedless watermelon into it. If you wanted to go crazy you could spike a watermelon first with vodka and then cut it up into the jungle juice. Kinda the more traditional idea of jungle juice though. It has been awhile since I have done the jungle juice thing so my ratios may be way off considering 3.5 liters of vodka.

I am not sure where you are trying to land this plane, so another random idea would be to make a vodka apple pie. Some simple syrup with a bunch of cinnamon sticks in it and a combo of apple cider and apple juice. Add the Vodka after everything has cooled of course. People loved that mix. I have seen it done with Everclear, plain Vodka, and whip cream Vodka. All ways it worked out rather well with the exception being that it was a shit show party when Everclear was involved. Don't quote me but I want to say the recipe on this was 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar made into simple syrup, then a pack of cinnamon sticks was added, one gallon apple cider, and one gallon apple juice. Bring the whole thing to a boil and as soon as it rolls allow it to cool entirely then add one liter of vodka. I am pretty sure it made two plus gallons. You could spike it harder if you wanted to with the vodka being the last ingredient added but it made a little better than a 4/1 mix/vodka ratio after the boil if I am not mistaken. I remember everyone being pro this drink over ice and it all got consumed every time it was made.

Obviously these are separate ideas. Sorry for the tangent, but I always remember apple pie being a party crowd favorite and a couple gallons of it disappearing in short order.

Edit: I am incorrect about the 4/1 mix ratios unless it boils way tf down.

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am not sure how big of a batch you are making but if you are doing two 1.75 of vodka you need at least a couple of two liters of Seven Up in the mix for a more traditional end point. That is including and depending on the amounts of the other mixers you are adding.

Id put at least one large seedless watermelon into it. If you wanted to go crazy you could spike a watermelon first with vodka and then cut it up into the jungle juice. Kinda the more traditional idea of jungle juice though. It has been awhile since I have done the jungle juice thing so my ratios may be way off considering 3.5 liters of vodka.

I am not sure where you are trying to land this plane, so another random idea would be to make a vodka apple pie. Some simple syrup with a bunch of cinnamon sticks in it and a combo of apple cider and apple juice. Add the Vodka after everything has cooled of course. People loved that mix. I have seen it done with Everclear, plain Vodka, and whip cream Vodka. All ways it worked out rather well with the exception being that it was a shit show party when Everclear was involved. Don't quote me but I want to say the recipe on this was 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar made into simple syrup, then a pack of cinnamon sticks was added, one gallon apple cider, and one gallon apple juice. Bring the whole thing to a boil and as soon as it rolls allow it to cool entirely then add one liter of vodka. I am pretty sure it made two plus gallons. You could spike it harder if you wanted to with the vodka being the last ingredient added but it made a little better than a 4/1 mix/vodka ratio after the boil if I am not mistaken. I remember everyone being pro this drink over ice and it all got consumed every time it was made.

Obviously these are separate ideas. Sorry for the tangent, but I always remember apple pie being a party crowd favorite and a couple gallons of it disappearing in short order.
Imma spike some watermelon and pineapple with everclear to float in there. Maybe spiked gummy bears

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Imma spike some watermelon and pineapple with everclear to float in there. Maybe spiked gummy bears

Spiked gummy bears are super easy. Those damn bears love drinking vodka.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do some Swamp Frog and set it off.

Two bottles of Everclear.
Two 2Liters of Mountain Dew or 7 up
1 concentrated lemonade
1 concentrated limeade

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
pour a couple bottles of dayquil in there so the ladies don't pass out after they get all drunk

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats what i was thinking. Cut a hole in the side of the watermellon and let it sit for 24 hours before carving

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You have already put way too much thought into frat jungle juice.

Clean full sized trash can. If not doing Everclear, vodka. We added rum, too. Citrus fruit: Limes, lemon, oranges cut in half, lightly squeezed, dumped in can. Some fruit juice and/or Kool-Aid. Water. Through sparkling is a nice add.

Made it dozens (?) of times. The beauty is in the stupid simplicity. And why it is forbidden in most frat houses now....though, yes, it obviously still happens. Otherwise some nice ideas above.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Well these guys have great ideas, I made that crazy punch once back in 1983, gummy bears never even occurred to me. I will offer this piece of advice, if you want to add carbonation don't use soda water of any other kind of unflavored sparkling water why dilute your drink. Use pop or cheap champagne flavor and more kick.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Do some Swamp Frog and set it off.

Two bottles of Everclear.
Two 2Liters of Mountain Dew or 7 up
1 concentrated lemonade
1 concentrated limeade
I think he wants his neighbros to get a lil tipsy, not kill themselves.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I don't smoke, drink or do drugs

I don't let chemicals control my life as I have self control

Hope that helps

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't smoke, drink or do drugs

I don't let chemicals control my life as I have self control

Hope that helps
yeah, you just post until 2 am on a message board in your twilight (more like middle of the night) years until your computer privileges get taken away

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Yuns gonna be sippin on that sizzurp?