CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
This will cost the Bears a comp pick unless he makes it on with another team.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't even know why people care about compensatory picks right now. Can someone point out the last drafted compensatory pick that was truly impactful? For any team. In the past decade. If the watermark is James Connor and Dak Prescott, I think I'm okay with not having compensatory picks. Maybe if Pace was as bad at drafting as most teams that get compensatory picks I would have a different opinion.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't even know why people care about compensatory picks right now. Can someone point out the last drafted compensatory pick that was truly impactful? For any team. In the past decade. If the watermark is James Connor and Dak Prescott, I think I'm okay with not having compensatory picks. Maybe if Pace was as bad at drafting as most teams that get compensatory picks I would have a different opinion.

I honestly don't follow your logic.

A pick is a pick. It sucks losing an extra pick that's bonus otherwise.

Has zero to do with what a past pick has resulted in. More so, a pick a different GM and team made.
Like those arguing the resulting players from picks given away for Mack or trade up for Trubs have anything to do with the quality of the trade or not. No. They don't.

That logic is like saying, "I don't want $20 for a free lunch because the lunch somebody else ate last week was shitty."

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
It'd be nice to have comp picks, but they'll be more frequent when this team looks like a perennial competitor that can't sign all it's drafted talent.

I never liked the logic of the comp pick, but we're a team on the rise. We're resigning our good players, not letting talent leave. It's the nature of the beast.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
C'mon, did anyone really think White was gonna stick with the Cardinals?

jive

Liked Posts:
In my last count, the Bears lost 6 CFAs and gained 4 CFAs. So there's still a margin of one even with the Kevin White cut. However, it's not like the other CFAs we lost are guaranteed a roster spot either. Kush, Bellamy, and Brown aren't guaranteed spots either.

Although the Bears aren't out of the running for a comp pick, their chances look pretty slim.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
A 4th rd pick can help you draft a David Montgomery or move up to draft a player like David Montgomery. Very beneficial to have that extra pick.
Or you could trade down a few spots away from Shaheen in the 2nd and pick up an extra 4th for George Kittle

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I honestly don't follow your logic.

A pick is a pick. It sucks losing an extra pick that's bonus otherwise.

Has zero to do with what a past pick has resulted in. More so, a pick a different GM and team made.
Like those arguing the resulting players from picks given away for Mack or trade up for Trubs have anything to do with the quality of the trade or not. No. They don't.

That logic is like saying, "I don't want $20 for a free lunch because the lunch somebody else ate last week was shitty."

If the roster was devoid of talent I would be thirsty for compensatory picks. The roster was just barely built up to the point of being able to capitalize on the compensatory system since we will be losing talent within the next years. To play that system either you're systematically Scrooge McDuck in free agency or drafting well enough afford to lose talent. We just barely are arriving at the table with the latter.

Its fine though. You don't have to see it my way. But its supremely pointless to me to talk about the compensatory system/picks and not in some way shape or form associate the impact of the picks themselves. Whether by trade or player taken. Otherwise why are you even worried about not getting them if the aforementioned has zero to do with it as you say.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
#BringHimBack
Since we cant do it....

Back away from your screen and ....
giphy.gif

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
C'mon, did anyone really think White was gonna stick with the Cardinals?

Absolutely, yes. More than will admit now.

I said last year, when White was still on our roster, that after the Bears were thru with him he'd never play in the NFL again. There were a few ppl who dared correct me and say he'd make another roster somewhere else.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would also mention, that Pace's first pick was probably the biggest 1st round draft bust in Bears history.

Enis and David Terrell played in more games and had more of an impact.

Can anyone name a worse first round bust? Is there a guy from the 70s I'm not aware of?