Khalil Mack leads NFL in QB hurries

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If he need lean that much on Hicks, he should start giving him half his paycheck when he returns.

The entire Bears defense should start giving 50% of their salaries to Hicks if he is truly the reason they look so much worse when he isn't on the field.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I would trade 3 pressures for 3 fumbles.... Losing yards and a down is all nice and dandy but losing just a down is just as effective especially if its 3rd down, if that was caused by a pressure or a pressure leading to a forced turnover by another player then a pressure beats a sack everytime. Mack has 5 ffs 1 less than the league lead and the most pressures. Is he as good as last year i dont think so but it's lack of supporting cast not lack of macks abilities.
RE: 3 pressures > 3 fumbles?

giphy.gif

Fumbles become turnovers at a far higher rate than pressures. A turnover ends the opponents drive and often does so in advantageous field position.

RE: "Losing yards and a down is all nice and dandy but losing just a down is just as effective especially if its 3rd down"

giphy.gif

The game is about field position. Yards matter.

RE: "lack of macks abilities"

giphy.gif

I don't think anyone is questioning his 'abilities', but rather his production. You said it yourself that he's not playing to the same level as last year. That's what people are annoyed at. They have seen him play better and logically expect more from him. He's falling short of expectations.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
The entire Bears defense should start giving 50% of their salaries to Hicks if he is truly the reason they look so much worse when he isn't on the field.
So just to be clear it's 100% because of Hicks injury and has nothing to do with there being a different defensive coordinator whom is calling different plays?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
This should help. Let's look at the evolution of the pass rusher like we do the evolution of man:

consequences-of-evolution-631.jpg

Monkey - That's a defender that gets nullified at the line of scrimmage. He can still make a play of a fumble rolls to his feet or of a QB runs into him, but overall he's just taking up space.

Walking Monkey - He's able to evolve into moving forward and creating a pressure. This typically helps the team more than just taking up space.

Walking Monkey + Stick = He's able to pressure the QB and actually make contact as he's letting go of the ball. Statistically this would be a knockdown. This typically helps his team more than just getting a pressure.

Walking Monkey + Spear = This dude actually got to the QB while he still had the ball and it resulted in a sack. This typically helps the team more than just getting the knockdown.

Walking Man = This fully evolved specimen not only gets to the QB before he releases the ball causes a fumble. This is called a strip sack. Based on the number of defenders trying to get to the same area and that the OL is largely not looking in that direction it has a high chance of being recovered by the defense.

BTW, if your god won't let you use evolution as an example you should know he told me to post this as a test. If you go along with the example he'll totally let you into where ever he's currently keeping you out of.

And, if your god is a she that's probably just a cult and your cult chick told me sort of the same thing, but asked me to join in a creepy AMWAY way.

Last edited:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So just to be clear it's 100% because of Hicks injury and has nothing to do with there being a different defensive coordinator whom is calling different plays?

According to some Bears fans/analysts, yes.

I was being facetious of course.

I find it ridiculous to argue none of the remaining players on defense nor the coaches are responsible for the fall off in performance, simply because Akiem Hicks is not in there.

He's a very good player, but cmon.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cant help it that Floyd keeps running past QBs or missing them.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Bears won the Mack trade, unless the Raiders win this week. Then they lost the Mack trade. Tune in next week to see if the Bears or Raiders won the Mack trade.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
No, you see those plays where Mack is left on his belly after an unsuccessful attempt to tackle the QB. Even saw Lion's practice squad QB shake Mack off 1 play and outrun him, as if he was a sloth, on the next. Very misleading "stat" as a lot of times that hurry just ends up being a whiff on that player's part or they let him come to set up a screen.
It also seems to lead to big plays with mobile QBs as the LBers are all out in coverage. Almost sacks all the way suck.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Bears won the Mack trade, unless the Raiders win this week. Then they lost the Mack trade. Tune in next week to see if the Bears or Raiders won the Mack trade.

If Raiders draft an elite OLB with our first round pick they win. Derek Carr is a pretty good QB.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Raiders draft an elite OLB with our first round pick they win. Derek Carr is a pretty good QB.
They already got 1 ROY RB with 1 of those picks. If they hit on 1 or both of the others, it's more like a slaughter in the Raiders advantage as the Raiders are building a future while Mack will just keep slowing down. Can you really pretend to be happy about a player you pay 100 mil to in order for him to be #30 in sacks and #60 in QB hits/Knockdowns? Not unless you and everyone listening to you is on some very serious mind altering drugs.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
RE: 3 pressures > 3 fumbles?

giphy.gif

Fumbles become turnovers at a far higher rate than pressures. A turnover ends the opponents drive and often does so in advantageous field position.

RE: "Losing yards and a down is all nice and dandy but losing just a down is just as effective especially if its 3rd down"

giphy.gif

The game is about field position. Yards matter.

RE: "lack of macks abilities"

giphy.gif

I don't think anyone is questioning his 'abilities', but rather his production. You said it yourself that he's not playing to the same level as last year. That's what people are annoyed at. They have seen him play better and logically expect more from him. He's falling short of expectations.
The whole premise of this thread is lack of sacks from mack how the hell did u get me saying id rather have 3 pressures over fumbles. Pressures lead to more opportunities of turning the ball over fumbles/int are the reward. Sacks are nice but imo overrated. He isnt having a huge drop off.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
The whole premise of this thread is lack of sacks from mack how the hell did u get me saying id rather have 3 pressures over fumbles. Pressures lead to more opportunities of turning the ball over fumbles/int are the reward. Sacks are nice but imo overrated. He isnt having a huge drop off.
I quoted your post, so I got it from you?

Maybe reread your thoughts before you post? Another option is to edit it afterwards?

Anyway, do better.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I quoted your post, so I got it from you?

Maybe reread your thoughts before you post? Another option is to edit it afterwards?

Anyway, do better.
Maybe you should learn to read i would trade 3 pressures for 3 turnovers fumbles i dont know if i would say that i would fully trade 3 pressures for 3 sacks I see them very similar both offer turnover opportunities.

Last edited: