Kickers likely to get cut who the Bears should keep in mind

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Averaging almost 65 yards a kickoff is almost getting the ball to the end zone. Not good enough...

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I’m pretty cool with just trusting the staff. The samples are so small. Talking about guys going 3/3 , 4/4 in preseason means nothing. It’s just not a big enough sample to mean anything. I think just in general there’s a lot of variance to kicking and it’s extremely mental.

And average kick off depends on the strategy of the team. Pretty sure they’ll sometimes kick short cause they want a return. The pats did it all the time a few years ago. They’d kick it short into the corner and force a return. It didn’t have anything to do with the kickers leg strength.

jive

Liked Posts:
Averaging almost 65 yards a kickoff is almost getting the ball to the end zone. Not good enough...

Actually, if he averaged that over a career, it would put him in the top 5 career averages for kickoff distance since 1991. It's really not that shabby.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
As long as they can kick, I could give a shit how many X chromosomes the next Bears kicker has.

I don’t see how it can hurt unless they are scared of the media pressure it would create

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I don’t see how it can hurt unless they are scared of the media pressure it would create
It's not because shes a woman. It would be because of the media circus the entire women's world cup team created around themselves.

Pass...

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm so sick of hearing about fucking media circuses. Unless the media is stampeding onto the field DURING A GAME,

STFU

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The problem would be physicality on kick returns. Kickers have to tackle and get blocked.
Very good point forgot about that. Seen kickers get walloped pretty bad before

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://instagr.am/p/B1Z53-lBzPl/
Our next kicker? Pace can set a new standard of wokeness with this move

What Karli doesn't realize, is that you are not allowed to take 5 steps.
If you were allowed to take 5 steps, then even Cody Parkey and every kicker in NFL +200 more in college will be competing with you for that job, and probably 500 in high school.

Impressive leg strength(for a woman), but not a legal kick.

Last edited:

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
What Karli doesn't realize, is that you are not allowed to take 5 steps.
If you were allowed to take 5 steps, then even Cody Parkey and every kicker in NFL +200 more in college will be competing with you for that job, and probably 500 in high school.

Impressive leg strength, but not a legal kick.

You can take as many steps as you want. "Legality" doesn't play into it at all. Maury Buford used to take 3 steps when he punted, and he got blocked a lot.

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can take as many steps as you want. "Legality" doesn't play into it at all. Maury Buford used to take 3 steps when he punted, and he got blocked a lot.
Yeah bit like an 17 step drop for a QB you can do it but you'll be killed.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anymore than 3 steps and its gonna be blocked...