Kirk Cousins is NOW 0-8 on MNF

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Agreed, but we all know how they played in most of those games. Yes, Cousins played well last night, but that just doesn't erase the fact that we've seen him shit the bed in big games before. He has that reputation because of his play imo, not because his teams were particularly bad (even when they were).
I'm not comparing the players, but Steve Young was knowing for 'choking' in the playoffs before their 94 win. Actually if we are assigning wins/losses to the QB spot then Steve's 'choking' after 94 was worse than what he did before that season.

Anyway, the QB position is weird. Eli Manning, who has a grand total of 4 pro bowls in his entire career (I'm assuming he's not getting there this season...) is a 2 time Superbowl MVP? I'm a Philly fan, so many people will go on about how Nick Foles 'won' a Superbowl with completely ignoring that he was handed over an 11-2 team with a pretty good defense, ensuring them a first round bye and home field advantage.

I try to judge players on how good they are in the era they played. Sure Philip Rivers entire career can be summed up by being down 8 points with 50 seconds on the clock with 80 yards to go and no time outs, but he's still a very good QB. Was Marino a great QB? Hell yes. Should Tony Romo make the HOF despite having a 2-4 playoff record? Yep (remember, that's coming from an Eagles fan).

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
These losses are crazy.... why must Bears fans must be cursed with hope after all that has happened... then at the end of the year people will talk about the Games we could have won wk 1 against the pack, the raiders... the missed kick with the the Chargers... God....

Seriously, isn't that just a normal season?

I'm not knocking the Bears here. The Eagles are the same way. Outside of that Superbowl season where things broke just right (excluding Carson Wentz' knee), that's just the way the NFL season goes. If 2-3 of those close loses were wins everything is different.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
what a wild night last night, had to work with a hangover and be cold all day BUT!...once again fuck Cousins, some people actually wanted him to be a BEAR. dude took a shit just like some of us was predicting at certain moments...almost like we can actually jinx Kirk.
TDR; Some voodoo works on Cousins.

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Fight isn't with you; it's with owners for hiring discount GM who picked a QB who needed to sit for a while and is learning way too slowly (if at all) and a trendy young offense coach because it's the current NFL fad and even if we go on a run, all that will still be true. I don't want to take any wind out of your sails though, so cheer them on and more power to ya. Some of us can't get hyped yet; it would take far more than what has happened so far.
almost no way to fight with the owners..that's like tryin' to box with a GOD.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Seriously, isn't that just a normal season?

I'm not knocking the Bears here. The Eagles are the same way. Outside of that Superbowl season where things broke just right (excluding Carson Wentz' knee), that's just the way the NFL season goes. If 2-3 of those close loses were wins everything is different.
The Eagles SB win was no coincidence...they were the deepest team in the league that year.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The Eagles SB win was no coincidence...they were the deepest team in the league that year.
Making a complete playoff run and winning a SB with your backup QB is almost unheard of, especially considering Foles still remains a backup QB. It's not like he became a real starting franchise QB like Tom Brady off the bench.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Making a complete playoff run and winning a SB with your backup QB is almost unheard of, especially considering Foles still remains a backup QB. It's not like he became a real starting franchise QB like Tom Brady off the bench.
It's less likely in this day and age. Was a bit more common pre-free agency era. Specifically...the Giants/Redskins early 90's SB wins.

I was probably in the minority of thinking the Eagles that year would have little dropoff with Foles as QB. That team was so deep at practically every position.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
But it is like he made that team, Philly, better. Wentz lacks something only he could give even if he's unable to give it to another team.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sparkles, are you breaking up with Kirk Cousins for Nick Foles?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
But it is like he made that team, Philly, better. Wentz lacks something only he could give even if he's unable to give it to another team.
He did, but I'd say it was more or a lucky hot streak than anything else. More of a stars aligning at the right place and time.

And I'm not knocking that either, but he's not making his new team better, that's for sure.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sparkles, are you breaking up with Kirk Cousins for Nick Foles?
Never. Never thought much of Foles even when Chip Kelley proclaimed him the Eagles QB for the next 1,000 years. He did, however, make them a better team than they were with Wentz and not just in that SB year but last year as well. Just an anomaly that I find interesting.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
It's less likely in this day and age. Was a bit more common pre-free agency era. Specifically...the Giants/Redskins early 90's SB wins.

I was probably in the minority of thinking the Eagles that year would have little dropoff with Foles as QB. That team was so deep at practically every position.

You were but even you have to admit that the depth at skill position/defense etc. paled in comparison to Foles balling out in the NFCC and the SB. He was a legit SB MVP and you have to confess you didn't see that coming right?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
You were but even you have to admit that the depth at skill position/defense etc. paled in comparison to Foles balling out in the NFCC and the SB. He was a legit SB MVP and you have to confess you didn't see that coming right?
The SB MVP thing...I didn't see coming.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He did, but I'd say it was more or a lucky hot streak than anything else. More of a stars aligning at the right place and time.

And I'm not knocking that either, but he's not making his new team better, that's for sure.
I'm going to focus on the stars aligning at the right time, isn't that's kinda how the QB position goes for winning Superbowls? Just a few examples:

2017 - Philly with Foles
2015 - Denver with a broken Peyton
2012 - Baltimore with Flacco
2011 - Giants with Eli
2007 - Giants again with Eli

Granted there have also been the Patriots, Saints, Pack and Steelers who have won with a top tier QB, but that shows it's not the only way to win a Championship.

I'd add having a D hitting their stride at the right time also goes a long way.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
No one saw it coming. It was sort of like the Vikings game before that, but the D couldn't slow down Brady at all. As much as people respect the day Foles had, Brady was completely insane that game. He passed for 505 yards, 3 TDs, no picks and only had one sack against. As good as Foles was Brady was just better, unless you are looking at who was the better receiver...

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'm going to focus on the stars aligning at the right time, isn't that's kinda how the QB position goes for winning Superbowls? Just a few examples:

2017 - Philly with Foles
2011 - Giants with Eli

Granted there have also been the Patriots, Saints, Pack and Steelers who have won with a top tier QB, but that shows it's not the only way to win a Championship.

I think the D turning it on...has a lot to do with with your above examples. Although Flacco and Manning were unbeatable in those years because they didn't turn the ball over in the post season.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

2017 - Philly with Foles
2011 - Giants with Eli

None of those were backup QBs, which solidifies my point. You are arguing talent level, but it's quite different to have your starting QB who has been running the offense all year go down and you bring in a 2nd stringer.