HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The fuck are you sorry for? He made far more money than he ever deserved. He doesn't need anyone's pity.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He has been the worse OL I have watched in the time I have payed close attention.

His play this season was unprofessional.

Should never have started game this season.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
He seemed out of place last year on this team when he was playing. He still has the Meatball mentality...that was tolerable when we were losing because it showed that someone on the team cared.

But his time was up after last year...and it looks like extension he signed has a club option that can be exercised right before Free Agency 2020.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
He seemed out of place last year on this team when he was playing. He still has the Meatball mentality...that was tolerable when we were losing because it showed that someone on the team cared.

But his time was up after last year...and it looks like extension he signed has a club option that can be exercised right before Free Agency 2020.

Please tell me a "club option" means we can just give him a sandwich and send him on his way.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Please tell me a "club option" means we can just give him a sandwich and send him on his way.

Cutting him creates about $8.1m in cap space while leaving $1.5m in dead money. An easy decision to make.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Cutting him creates about $8.1m in cap space while leaving $1.5m in dead money. An easy decision to make.
Looking at the recent free agent signings...it appears that the FO has made the offseason 2020 as a retooling year if needed.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cuz he had 4-5 picks a year, mostly mid rounds. Trading up costs you somewhere, we didn't have the depth to justify it.

Well the problem is his blowing picks to trade up currently appears to not have been worth it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He has been the worse OL I have watched in the time I have payed close attention.

His play this season was unprofessional.

Should never have started game this season.

I blame Nagy. Chosing to let him play in his condition was akin to watching a drunk stumble out a bar and giving him the car keys to a bus full of school children. Damn near criminal letting Long play.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I get that he has played poorly but remember the guy has really Sacrificed his body for the Bears. You guys have the right to bash him, I disagree with it as I don’t see what good can come out of it. Maybe, your complaining got him the axe but I think not.

We don’t need a fiddle for him but I don’t think it’s necessary to bash him either. Yes he should have given up earlier or gone out with an injury if that is indeed the case and I’ll give him the benefit of the doubT.

Hopefully Nagy uses him as an example that playing too long or through injury may hurt the team

thanks Kyle for your service. Go Bears

jc456

Liked Posts:
It’s sad you can’t disprove Matt Nagy as a genius and have to attack me instead. I guess you're too busy trying to make Nagy look bad for being mean and negative, instead of trying to figure out what all these "muh" comments got wrong. I'll admit to being a jerk about anything, but the ones who claim Nagy's work is "fake" just want to make their own version of it.

The problem with that approach is it takes an anti-rational stance and attempts to deny the reality of scientific and technological progress (for you see, we can have some rational thoughts but we don't need to actually believe them to be rational).

In short, it's the same as being a dogmatic Christian. The best analogy I can think of is those who claim the Bible can't be trusted and who think we need no science to know how anything works. It's more effective to use evidence based, rational language to tell the truth than to just throw up our hands without a scientific way to support it
The mere fact he wasn't cut from the team is all one needs to know. Long was horrible, and then he started! wow, he couldn't block me. The dude was atrocious. One didn't need to be a genius to tell he was bad.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I blame Nagy. Chosing to let him play in his condition was akin to watching a drunk stumble out a bar and giving him the car keys to a bus full of school children. Damn near criminal letting Long play.

you are right to a certain extent, it’s not really the same thing but I get it. If for no other reason it would show your players that you care more about them if you don’t let them play, he can use this angle for Leno after next week when he has two holding penalties and gives up pressure and a sack.

Leno has been equally bad at arguably a more important position.

i think it’s a problem if you don’t trust in your backups and coaching, a player at a hundred percent should be able to hold down fort for a game or two as well as a starter playing at 50percent.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I've often wondered whose call that was...did the medical staff actually clear him to play?

I mean...it's clear that he hasn't been right since 2016

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I say we move Khalil Mack to RG... he knows how to beat RGs, he will know how to play RG.

Bulk him up, move him to RG, and have Bradley Sowell take over as an OLB since he's smaller now.

Problem solved.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I get that he has played poorly but remember the guy has really Sacrificed his body for the Bears. You guys have the right to bash him, I disagree with it as I don’t see what good can come out of it. Maybe, your complaining got him the axe but I think not.

We don’t need a fiddle for him but I don’t think it’s necessary to bash him either. Yes he should have given up earlier or gone out with an injury if that is indeed the case and I’ll give him the benefit of the doubT.

Hopefully Nagy uses him as an example that playing too long or through injury may hurt the team

thanks Kyle for your service. Go Bears

An NFL guard that has been completely useless for the past 3+ years in a 7 year career was paid 37 Million fucking dollars. He does not need a pity party. He flat out robbed this franchise of money and cap space. Fuck him.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
An NFL guard that has been completely useless for the past 3+ years in a 7 year career was paid 37 Million fucking dollars. He does not need a pity party. He flat out robbed this franchise of money and cap space. Fuck him.

Yes, but Kyle Long is a meatball's meatball. And they love him.

LET HIS STREAMING CAREER BEGIN!

I can't wait to watch him suck at Fortnite.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Kyle was a great bear but injures derailed his career.