dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Does this change your thinking on what we should do with L.Floyd at all? For me it's not about if i think he won't come out and maybe have his best year as a pro in a contract year cause i can see him doing that just because he knows he's playing for a new contract. For me it's about that he hasn't played at the level to deserve us paying him $13 mil especially with us being against the cap so much this year. I'd still rather we cut him even if it means paying $2-$3 mil more to replace him with a OLB in free agency that has earned being paid that much.

I'm good with Windy's idea of giving him a new 3-4 year deal around that $8-$9 mil per mark and then using the money saved to upgrade at the 3rd OLB spot over A.Lynch but not sure L.Floyd will go for that.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What’s the date we have to decide on him? I’d like to know which edge guys are available in free agency first if possible.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Jamie Collins market value is 8.8 million per year. He had 7 sacks in 2019.

Matt Judon is 16 million per year and way more production.

I'd honestly look at Shaquille Barrett, Vic Beasley, Markus Golden, Matt Judon, Bud Dupree, Jamie Collins, or Bruce Irvin before Floyd.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Free agency is potentially packed at OLB this off season to waste money on Floyd.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
“Potentially” packed. Lot of guys will get the tag.

Yeah I'm hoping one of the teams let's a player go because they can't afford him.

Matt Judon is most likely tagged.

Vic Beasley won't be tagged and is potentially high reward.

Jamie Collins might not be tagged at 30 years old if Patroits fall apart.

Markus Golden had 10 sacks but I don't know if he'll be tagged by the Giants.

Bud Dupree will get tagged

Shaquille Barrett had 19.5 sacks don't know the bucks cap but he'll probably be tagged.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What about Jordan Jenkins? I don’t know much about him except 15 sacks the last two years and will be available for less than Floyd.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
If the Bears pay Floyd 13 million dollars next year then the competency of Ryan Pace truly needs to be called into question. Floyd is nothing special. He is just a guy. He probably isn't worth half that amount per year.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Jamie Collins market value is 8.8 million per year. He had 7 sacks in 2019.

Matt Judon is 16 million per year and way more production.

I'd honestly look at Shaquille Barrett, Vic Beasley, Markus Golden, Matt Judon, Bud Dupree, Jamie Collins, or Bruce Irvin before Floyd.

Isn't J.Collins more of a OLB in a 4-3 scheme then he is in a 3-4 scheme?

I'm a no on V.Beasley and B.Irvin is more of a rotational OLB then he is a starter.

I could see Balt letting Judon go because they're always a team that loves getting those comp picks but they did already cut T.Jefferson who if healthy i would love for us to get and would be a perfect fit with E.Jackson.

The main guys i'd want if we did cut Floyd would be M.Judon, B.Dupree, Y.Ngakoue, JPP, D.Fowler and S.Barrett. Would also look at R.Quinn and M.Golden.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Isn't J.Collins more of a OLB in a 4-3 scheme then he is in a 3-4 scheme?

I'm a no on V.Beasley and B.Irvin is more of a rotational OLB then he is a starter.

I could see Balt letting Judon go because they're always a team that loves getting those comp picks but they did already cut T.Jefferson who if healthy i would love for us to get and would be a perfect fit with E.Jackson.

The main guys i'd want if we did cut Floyd would be M.Judon, B.Dupree, Y.Ngakoue, JPP, D.Fowler and S.Barrett. Would also look at R.Quinn and M.Golden.

Kinda both.. "Willie McGinest ranks Jamie Collins as a top 3-4 linebacker"

Bruce Irvin would be an excellent compliment as a back up he wouldn't cost much either but Atlanta is his home.

Lot of good options I can't wait to see what happens.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
the best plan would be to resign floyd to a lower number, i'd be surprised if some team decides to pay him over 10 mill per season. Resign him to a lower number like 7-8 mill and use that extra money and take a shot at JPP who's shown well in limited snaps.

If floyd does not accept a lower number, i'd bring in golden and again try to get jpp as well.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
the best plan would be to resign floyd to a lower number, i'd be surprised if some team decides to pay him over 10 mill per season. Resign him to a lower number like 7-8 mill and use that extra money and take a shot at JPP who's shown well in limited snaps.

If floyd does not accept a lower number, i'd bring in golden and again try to get jpp as well.

Now that would be nice but i can't see JPP not getting offers to be a starter and not sure he'd wanna be a 3rd OLB behind Floyd. I'd be very happy with that if it did happen or getting any legit OLB to be our 3rd OLB and for us to get Floyd on a cheaper deal around the 8 mil per number.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I can't wait for the day when Floyd is no longer with the Bears so that we stop spending time and energy on a perennial underachiever.