Last Season

Gaz986

Liked Posts:
I’m re-watching some of the games from last season on 40 minute highlights through Game Pass.

I’ve been putting this off because I was pretty down beat about our performances last year as I’m sure we all were and don’t like watching replays of us loosing...... There’s some positives in therethat I don’t think I noticed at the time through emotion and anger haha. I’m ready to be shot down for this but I like Trubisky, I would love him to get one more season, he was much better towards the end of the season.

We should have beat the Chargers and should have beaten the Raiders. Piniero missed a kick to win the game v Chargers and missed a kick in the Raiders which would have tied it up, our D didn’t turn up v Raiders and Jacobs had a field day. Piniero also missed 2 kicks v the Rams, admitidly that’s not enough to win the game but it would have taken the pressure off during the game and we would have gone into the 4th 1/4 leading, we also threw a couple of silly interceptions v Rams.

Packers at Lambeau, we had some really REALLY poor calls against us and we could have scored a TD at the end with a little more awareness.

With Raiders and Chargers that puts us at 10-6, we wouldn’t have won the super bowl but with a little luck could have made the play offs.

We didn’t turn up v the Saints whilst Brees was out.

I know I’m repeating what’s on forums and news but if we can sort the O line and the D plays with a little more confidence like 2018 I think we will be a sting team again this coming season. What I would like to see though and I know pre season is in slight doubt but Trubisky has to play in pre season, last season not playing didn’t do him any good, you can’t replicate a match in practise! He has to play pre season along side Foles.

Awaiting the schedule now so I can plan my road games, schedule release has been delayed until May 9th apparently.
Here’s to a great season!! ??

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I agree. Mitch was starting to play better and deserves one more season.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even though the Bears came back and actually took the lead, that Raiders game felt like a blowout loss to me.

Gaz986

Liked Posts:
Even though the Bears came back and actually took the lead, that Raiders game felt like a blowout loss to me.

No that was just the first half. It’s all coulda, woulda, shoulda now as we’re 8-8. But thought I would put a positive spin on things. I’m looking forward to this season, I really hope we can do it. I did the Raiders, Rams and Packers road games last season, we’re doing Titans and “another” this season, not sure where yet.

Gaz986

Liked Posts:
I have tried uploading photos but apparently they’re too big a file for the server.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I’m re-watching some of the games from last season on 40 minute highlights through Game Pass.

I’ve been putting this off because I was pretty down beat about our performances last year as I’m sure we all were and don’t like watching replays of us loosing...... There’s some positives in therethat I don’t think I noticed at the time through emotion and anger haha. I’m ready to be shot down for this but I like Trubisky, I would love him to get one more season, he was much better towards the end of the season.

We should have beat the Chargers and should have beaten the Raiders. Piniero missed a kick to win the game v Chargers and missed a kick in the Raiders which would have tied it up, our D didn’t turn up v Raiders and Jacobs had a field day. Piniero also missed 2 kicks v the Rams, admitidly that’s not enough to win the game but it would have taken the pressure off during the game and we would have gone into the 4th 1/4 leading, we also threw a couple of silly interceptions v Rams.

Packers at Lambeau, we had some really REALLY poor calls against us and we could have scored a TD at the end with a little more awareness.

With Raiders and Chargers that puts us at 10-6, we wouldn’t have won the super bowl but with a little luck could have made the play offs.

We didn’t turn up v the Saints whilst Brees was out.

I know I’m repeating what’s on forums and news but if we can sort the O line and the D plays with a little more confidence like 2018 I think we will be a sting team again this coming season. What I would like to see though and I know pre season is in slight doubt but Trubisky has to play in pre season, last season not playing didn’t do him any good, you can’t replicate a match in practise! He has to play pre season along side Foles.

Awaiting the schedule now so I can plan my road games, schedule release has been delayed until May 9th apparently.
Here’s to a great season!! ??

Since it was condensed to 40 minutes, did they just skip showing the Bears offense in the first half since Mitch was so fucking inept that if the Bears converted consecutive first downs it was considered a minor miracle?

0 first half offensive points in like 10 games or some shit.

Fuck that scrub, Foles should and will start.

TheMarshallPlan

Ladies: Libertarians Do It Better!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The thing with Mitch is that we’ve seen his ceiling. He’s not gonna be an elite QB. Top 5 in the league. So then why is there any defending him?

He was drafted to be an elite QB and we need him to be one but he’s not delivering.

Arguments can be made that his ceiling is reached because Mitch sucks or because Nagy’s play calling is outright brutal. Both are right. It doesn’t matter what offense you run if the QB doesn’t make reads and overthrows WRs by 10 feet. His lack of a deep ball compresses the offense and makes everything easier to defend.

I think Foles was a good first step but we do need to take a hard look at a QB in the 2nd round this year or 1st round next year.

Gaz986

Liked Posts:
Skip the draft this year, I did like Jake Fromm but I fear he could be another Mitch, I could be wrong. I did see the QB1 Netflix series he was in, looked good but obv high school football probably isn’t a comparable standard to the NFL ?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Raiders ran over the Bears Dline. However, if it wasn’t for that Bears defense causing the turnovers, that you said played bad, the game would never had been in reach.

The Chargers loss was more then the missed FG and Nagy’s fuck up, this is obvious.

The team was lucky to get to 8 wins. Thanks to timely QB injuries, a questionable roughing the passer penalty followed by a 53yd moving clock FG, and a week 17 Vikings joke lineup that needed a lasted second FG to win. You can pick through every win and loss and find a way it could have gone the other way.

This team was mediocre at best in 2019.

Last edited:

Gaz986

Liked Posts:
Raiders ran over the Bears Dline. However, if it wasn’t for that Bears defense causing the turnovers, that you said played bad, the game would never had been in reach.

The Chargers loss was more then the missed FG and Nagy’s fuck up, this is obvious.

The team was lucky to get to 8 wins. Thanks to timely QB injuries, a questionable roughing the passer penalty followed by a 53yd moving clock FG, and and a week 17 Vikings joke lineup that needed a lasted second FG to win. You can pick through every win and loss and find a way it could have gone the other way.

I agree to be fair, I like to stay positive, I’m getting itchy feet for the season and we’re still around 6 months away so trying to stay positive.
You guys get to many games?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
All I hope for is a open competition this year. Foles and Trubisky should both go into it knowing that a lot is expected of them.

Trubisky has the advantage in the playbook, and he needs to find a way to hit the intermediate/long throws. I think he has a stronger arm, but that does not mean crap if you are overthrowing the receiver.

Foles has the advantage of experience in big pressure situations, hell he was at his best coming off the bench cold. He knows the offense concept, but has not worked with Nagy. He also has not been very good as a starter, except for the 2013 season with Chip Kelly. I think he is more accurate, but again he has also struggled as a starter just last year

Both are not Iron men, and I imagine whoever starts will at some point be replace due to injury or performance.

At this point the BEST QB coming out of camp should start and I hope that Nagy is not going to be forced to go one way or another because of draft position or salary or anything....

I personally want to see what Foles and Nagy can do, mainly because Trubisky has not been able to put more than a couple of good games back to back.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:

The team was lucky to get to 8 wins. Thanks to timely QB injuries, a questionable roughing the passer penalty followed by a 53yd moving clock FG, and a week 17 Vikings joke lineup that needed a lasted second FG to win. You can pick through every win and loss and find a way it could have gone the other way.

Mediocre is being kind. That offense was painful to watch.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Having Game Pass means we can make all the 2019 in-game excuses all over again!

The fact of the matter is for every unlucky break the Bears had last season, they had lucky breaks in the form of Jeff Driskell, Sean Mannion, Daniel Jones, Case Keenum, etc.

The Bears were lucky to win 8 games.

Unless the offense **significantly** improves, I’m not expecting better in 2020.

Gaz986

Liked Posts:
We will be in the playoffs this season and not just because there’s more slots available. Both my football teams Wolverhampton Wanderers (soccer) have fans who get negative ? we’ll be good I have faith!! Go Bears!!