Last Season

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ugh that Raiders game. They just got physically dominated. Sucked to watch then, haven't gotten the courage since then to watch it again, but I've got a lot of time on my hands at night at the moment, so I'll probably get to it.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Here's my issue with Mitch - He can absolutely make plays, but it really involves the playcaller to simplify his reads. So often I've seen him go through a progression, but not hit open receivers. It's almost as if he's thinking 'okay, now look left, look over the middle, then look to the right and throw' as opposed to looking at each receiver ready to release the ball.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
They ended p with an 8-8 record but it really felt like you were watching a 4-12 team.
That’s because the offense had 2-14 talent, with a 4-12 coach and a 12-4 defense. Add a couple breaks, like the Cowboys imploding, and they got 8-8.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's my issue with Mitch - He can absolutely make plays, but it really involves the playcaller to simplify his reads. So often I've seen him go through a progression, but not hit open receivers. It's almost as if he's thinking 'okay, now look left, look over the middle, then look to the right and throw' as opposed to looking at each receiver ready to release the ball.
Hmm, that's insightful.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One intangible that concerns me that I think we saw show it's ugly head last year. I heard a Kyle Long quote recently, it was some kind of joint interview with him and his brother Chris. He said that when the Bears faced Philly in that playoff game, it was like the JV versus the Varsity squad. I don't know if it's because that was their first playoff appearance or if they're really that out-manned up front, but it wasn't good.

Gaz986

Liked Posts:
I pay for the game pass as it allows me to watch every bears game plus I also like the other NFL content on there. It’s free over here at the moment (UK) so maybe free over your side of the water, gives you something to do whilst the worlds as it is right now.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Skip the draft this year, I did like Jake Fromm but I fear he could be another Mitch, I could be wrong. I did see the QB1 Netflix series he was in, looked good but obv high school football probably isn’t a comparable standard to the NFL ?
From NFL.com:
Heady quarterback who is light on physical traits but sees the game like a pro signal-caller most of the time.
That's the opposite of Mitch.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From NFL.com:
Heady quarterback who is light on physical traits but sees the game like a pro signal-caller most of the time.
That's the opposite of Mitch.
This is why drafting a QB is such a crap shoot. Brady was also
said to be unathletic with an average arm in predraft scouting reports. Not saying Fromm will be good but its possible.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is why drafting a QB is such a crap shoot. Brady was also
said to be unathletic with an average arm in predraft scouting reports. Not saying Fromm will be good but its possible.
Of course it is. :) I was pointing out that his attributes vs liabilities are sort of the inverse of Mitch and comparison odd.

Last edited:

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course it is. :) I was pointing out that his attributes vs liabilities are sort of the inverse of Mitch and comparison odd.
And I was agreeing with you.....

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Good God, people. The entire NFL knows that Mitch isn’t a starter.

He’s. Not. Good.

He’s. Not. The. Guy.