CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
No. It's directed at the logic or reasoning that person used to make the post.

"You're intellectually bankrupt." Outside of the cute words it translates to "you're stupid" or "you have no brains, as usual". Your post wasn't directed at his logic ir reasoning. It's strictly a personal attack.

The person who is self-pwning is you. Your posts indicate you struggle to admit when you are wrong. As for this "caping" comment you keep making, it's an intellectually bankrupt argument not too dissimilar from someone calling a person a racist just because they want better border enforcement.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
"You're intellectually bankrupt." Outside of the cute words it translates to "you're stupid" or "you have no brains, as usual".
Only to you.

Your post wasn't directed at his logic ir reasoning.
LOL at this.

Let's review:
brett said:
Baines retired as the best DH of all time

me said:
Edgar Martinez became a full time DH in 1995. He retired three years after Baines in 2004.

From 1995-2001 Edgar did the following:
5X All Star
5x DH of the Year Award
3x Silver Slugger
Lead League in OBP 3x
1x Batting Title
1x Lead League in RBI's
1x Lead league in OPS
1x Led League in Runs
1x Lead League in Doubles
1x Lead League in OPS+
Finished 3rd in the MVP voting in 1995, 6th in 2000.
Slashed: .329/.446/.574 (OPS of 1.020' OPS+ 164)

Edgar Martinez was easily better and more accomplished than Baines when Baines retired.

There is no discussion.

After Baines retired Martinez put up three more seasons of regression numbers. He was meh. He retired then they immediately named the DH award after him. Stop making it seem like Martinez played for another 5 seasons at an elite level to "pass" Baines after Baines retired. He didn't.

Martinez last three years after Baines retired:
.278/.383/.449 (OPS .832, OPS+ 122) 1 ASG, 1 Silver Slugger.

These were not good years for Edgar given his past. Ironically, Edgar's regression seasons almost perfectly match the "average" Baines season. (.289/.356/.465 OPS of .820 OPS+ of 121)

So even Edgar's "down seasons" are pretty much better or perfectly on par with Baines average season.

You're, as usual, intellectually bankrupt.

---------------------------------------------------

I love brett's "theory" that three seasons (<400 games) of Edgar doing this .278/.383/.449 (OPS .832, OPS+ 122) 1 ASG, 1 Silver Slugger after Baines retired catapulted Edgar past Baines on all-time DH lists. Edgar's final season(2004) was terrible. He only played 97 games in 2002. His 2003 was really good..but that's pretty much it.

So yes. My post DIRECTLY attacked his mindset that "When Baines retired he was the best DH ever".

He made a stupid, intellectually bankrupt, point and slapped it down as I usually do.

Try again.

Your posts indicate you struggle to admit when you are wrong.
LOL at this coming from the guy who is caping for Lovie Smith. This is RICH.

I'm not wrong about the Baines discussion. Why would I "admit I'm wrong" on it?

As for this "caping" comment you keep making, it's an intellectually bankrupt argument not too dissimilar from someone calling a person a racist just because they want better border enforcement.
This is a terrible analogy. You're "caping" for brett by getting pissy over one line in a 26 line post where he gets smacked around by stats after making a stupid post/point and gets called on it. I literally used FACTS and STATS to prove he's intellectually bankrupt. It's not some virtue signalling issue where it's my opinion about someones opinion on race based on their opinion on border enforcement.

You're seriously terrible as a poster.

tim62565

BANNED
Liked Posts:
When I think unnerving nearer, the names Wagner, Rivera, and Hoffman ring a bell.