Let's all get on the record right now: Who's the opening game starter at QB for the Bears in 2020?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Nagy will start and will blame the HC, himself, when the offense sucks.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Mitch starting

Case Keemun as his backup

I hope I’m wrong

This is the exact scenario I see happening. They won't even pick up Mariota b/c they know he'd beat Mitch out, the conspiracy meatball in me thinks. So they'll pick a "safe" veteran who will only give the illusion of pushing Mitch.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Mitch will start
Mariotta will be backup

Hopefully a 2nd round pick will be sitting and learning the offense

So they'll be carrying 3 quarterbacks on the active roster?

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I think we need to let this season play out and have this conversation post season

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the exact scenario I see happening. They won't even pick up Mariota b/c they know he'd beat Mitch out, the conspiracy meatball in me thinks. So they'll pick a "safe" veteran who will only give the illusion of pushing Mitch.
Lol...If you ask me right now to take Vikings Keenum or this Trubisky, give me Case Keenum. Lol

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Mitch will be the starter in 2020. Bears get new TE and O-Line thru Free Agency and the Draft. Nagy gives up Play calling and the Bears win the division at 12-4!

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I’m not so sure. He’s widely regarded as not even being in the top 5 QBs in the class.

I think people see Jacksons success and while i dont thknk hes as explosuve runner as Lamar Jackson he can play a similar style. Running QBs are catching on in the NFL and Lamar makes the case for OCs and HCs to lean on a running QB in the NFL.

I think you have just as good a chance as Hurts being successful given the right HC as you do Herbert in the NFL.

Coaching matters.

And i think a coach with a Josh McDaniels mindset or John Harbough could make him very productive.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The Bears starter week 1 2020 is someone who is either on the team right now, is not on the team right now but in the NFL or someone who is in college right now.

That includes almost everyone except Kaep, so that means that it will probably be Kaep.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I think people see Jacksons success and while i dont thknk hes as explosuve runner as Lamar Jackson he can play a similar style. Running QBs are catching on in the NFL and Lamar makes the case for OCs and HCs to lean on a running QB in the NFL.

I think you have just as good a chance as Hurts being successful given the right HC as you do Herbert in the NFL.

Coaching matters.

And i think a coach with a Josh McDaniels mindset or John Harbough could make him very productive.
You think that little of Hurts? Herbert sucks.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Coaching matters.

I agree he should be a first rounder but that’s not how the “experts” are seeing it right now. A lot can change between now and the draft though. I hope the Bears have a shot at drafting him as he’s my favorite QB in the draft that the Bears realistically have a shot at.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don’t know who it’ll be but it won’t be Mitch.

Bort

Liked Posts:
They used a #2 overall pick on him. As long as he’s not JaMarcus Russell level bad they’re going to keep starting him. Pace doesn’t have the option of giving up on a guy he invested so much in so confidently.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
They used a #2 overall pick on him. As long as he’s not JaMarcus Russell level bad they’re going to keep starting him. Pace doesn’t have the option of giving up on a guy he invested so much in so confidently.
If they don't at least have him fighting for his starting job this next season, it will seal Pace's fate. He can't just stick with Mitch. Not after this season...

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
When he was coming out.

It's not like Pace is going torefuse to look at the past several years of bad NFL play when hes evaluating whether to sign him or not...

That is the best time to buy is when a QB is at its lowest stock. Mariota came from Oregon that ran the same system as Nagy. Marcus is only 26 which is another plus.