Let's all get on the record right now: Who's the opening game starter at QB for the Bears in 2020?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I agree he should be a first rounder but that’s not how the “experts” are seeing it right now. A lot can change between now and the draft though. I hope the Bears have a shot at drafting him as he’s my favorite QB in the draft that the Bears realistically have a shot at.

I think in any other year hes a 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder. But with the success and shift to running QBs I think teams like the Dolphins Carolina Tampa Tennessee immediately will be competing for the QBs in the draft.

There are other teams that could potentially take a QB to groom. Wentz has been turning the ball over. Washington isn't exactly set. Arizona is stuck with a bad QB. Rivers is on his death bed in San Diego. The Jets arent killing it with Darnold.

There will be more turnover and less investment than in previous years. Reason being there are lots of mediocre QBs.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If they don't at least have him fighting for his starting job this next season, it will seal Pace's fate. He can't just stick with Mitch. Not after this season...
For some reason people think Pace would rather tank his make or break season because he drafted Mitch.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Baring injury, Trubisky will go into the season as number 1.

There will be either a free agent signing or a draft pick to back him up. He probably gets 2-4 games to see if he can be successful. If not, they pull him.

Agree. I think it will be a FA backing MT up. And he will be on thin ice.

s0Lstar18

Liked Posts:
There’s no way that people are watching the same QB. If they trot him out as the starter, everyone will be fired. He’s not the guy, how hard is it to see? As bad as fans may want, he’s not the guy and bringing him in as the starter hoping he takes some exponential jump is simply foolish. Pace can save face or give in to his pride. One leads to him maybe redeeming himself and the other leads to him getting sent back to New Orleans as a regional scout.

That being said, I think they go after Dalton or Wentz and draft a guy with the 4th round comp pick.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
There’s no way that people are watching the same QB. If they trot him out as the starter, everyone will be fired. He’s not the guy, how hard is it to see? As bad as fans may want, he’s not the guy and bringing him in as the starter hoping he takes some exponential jump is simply foolish. Pace can save face or give in to his pride. One leads to him maybe redeeming himself and the other leads to him getting sent back to New Orleans as a regional scout.

That being said, I think they go after Dalton or Wentz and draft a guy with the 4th round comp pick.
im shocked at how many people think he’ll be the starter. He’s not even close to being good enough to merit sticking with him. His draft status will be irrelevant in year 4. It’ll be about Nagy and Pace trying to save their jobs. Can’t do that with Mitch.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think in any other year hes a 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder. But with the success and shift to running QBs I think teams like the Dolphins Carolina Tampa Tennessee immediately will be competing for the QBs in the draft.

There are other teams that could potentially take a QB to groom. Wentz has been turning the ball over. Washington isn't exactly set. Arizona is stuck with a bad QB. Rivers is on his death bed in San Diego. The Jets arent killing it with Darnold.

There will be more turnover and less investment than in previous years. Reason being there are lots of mediocre QBs.
Lmao - Wentz is set. Murray is really good. Jets aren’t moving on from Darnold. Idk about Washington. I think it depends on who they hire as HC. I think realistically 4-5 QBs go in the first but I think Hurts and/or Tua will be available late in the first giving the Bears the chance to move up.

Tua is a wildcard. It’s all going to depend on his medical but I really could see the Patriots or Packers taking him late in the first and sitting him for a couple years.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
im shocked at how many people think he’ll be the starter. He’s not even close to being good enough to merit sticking with him. His draft status will be irrelevant in year 4. It’ll be about Nagy and Pace trying to save their jobs. Can’t do that with Mitch.
We all think he will begin the season as starter. Haven't seen anyone yet say they think he will remain the starter.

He was a 2nd overall pick, and we are on the hook for his cap hit no matter what. Either he proves himself early, or he gets replaced at first opportunity.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Lmao - Wentz is set. Murray is really good. Jets aren’t moving on from Darnold. Idk about Washington. I think it depends on who they hire as HC. I think realistically 4-5 QBs go in the first but I think Hurts and/or Tua will be available late in the first giving the Bears the chance to move up.

Tua is a wildcard. It’s all going to depend on his medical but I really could see the Patriots or Packers taking him late in the first and sitting him for a couple years.

Tua will be out an entire season. That doesnt bide well for any rookie. Especially one with stacked TEs WRs and Oline. Going to a bottom of the barrel team wont make tua better and he wont be a franchise chznging QB.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
2020 will be Marcus Mariota Time

Toast88

Liked Posts:
338 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT

Pretty much sealed it for next year. This is all Pace needs to point at to convince himself that Trubisky is on the cusp and just needs more ***time***.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
338 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT

Pretty much sealed it for next year. This is all Pace needs to point at to convince himself that Trubisky is on the cusp and just needs more ***time***.
I'm Pace's biggest hater and not even I think he's that dumb.