Let's all get on the record right now: Who's the opening game starter at QB for the Bears in 2020?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
None of us are new to this topic, but let's all get on the record now in one place as to who the Bears' opening game starter is going to be for the 2020 season.

So, who's under center next September for the Bears?

To me, there are two distinct, totally different questions:

-What should the Bears do?
-What *will* the Bears do?

I've seen enough from Trubisky to know he's not the guy. And if he's not the guy, you move on sooner rather than later and get a head-start finding the next guy, while potentially filling the void with a bridge veteran QB.

But I have no faith that Pace will think the same way. I have no faith that the Bears front office will do the right thing. I think they'll stick with their mistake as long as possible, which in this case, I believe means one more year. Pace will look for any and every possible positive sign from Trubisky, however small, to justify sticking with him.

Sure, they might sign a vet off the streets, an Andy Dalton or a Marcus Mariota type. Sure, they might draft a QB.

But when the Bears line up for their first offensive series of 2020, barring injury, Mitch Trubisky will be their starting quarterback under center.

I hope I'm wrong. I doubt it, though.

Last edited:

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If the question is what they will do, I think you're right. He still has another year on his rookie contract and I don't think they pull the plug yet. But they fucking better draft or bring in a FA.

mbison

Liked Posts:
Mitch will start
Mariotta will be backup

Hopefully a 2nd round pick will be sitting and learning the offense

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mitch will start. Jalen Hurts waiting until the wing.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It’ll be Mitch
It should be Cam

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch will be the starter. Veteran backup QB /Rookie QB will take over after 5 games if Mitch is still struggling

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
A shiny new slightly used vet - Mariota

Last edited:

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Pace is going to go all in for Mariota. Pace loved this guy when he was coming out

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Pace is going to go all in for Mariota. Pace loved this guy when he was coming out
When he was coming out.

It's not like Pace is going torefuse to look at the past several years of bad NFL play when hes evaluating whether to sign him or not...

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
yeah Mitch will start, but they will have a vet/drafted QB that will take over if he has another year like this one