Liesner: Bears planning to go after Hooper

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Despite very limited salary-cap space and a highly paid tight end already on their roster, a source said they are planning to make a run at Falcons two-time Pro Bowler Austin Hooper when free agency opens next month.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Not a fan. Despite the production, it sounds like this guy is more of an underneath guy than the matchup weapon at tight end we need

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Are you going to make another mock offseason now!

coolio

Liked Posts:
The reason i thought they would draft one in the mid rounds is because of how much money Burton is taking up. Can't even trade his bad contract cause of the dead cap. I don't know about this. I like Hunter Henry more too

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Unless Burton is gone, pipe dream!

Burton will be gone after this year if he is unable to stay healthy and perform. He is getting paid far too much for this season, and unfortunately alot of it is dead money. But with that said, we would save 7 mil in 2021 if we decide to move on from him.

If our cap space is between an old washed up Qb or a young ascending TE, I'll take the TE in a heartbeat!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Being an underneath guy is perfect for checkdown Mitch.

Right. Mitch needs a safety valve which he didn't really have at all last year. But he's more than just a safety valve too. He's a really good player. Bears have trash TEs and Nagy needs a TE for his offense to function. I like the move.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
broke bears..

if we gonna break the bank, do it for a QB, ffs.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Despite very limited salary-cap space and a highly paid tight end already on their roster, a source said they are planning to make a run at Falcons two-time Pro Bowler Austin Hooper when free agency opens next month.

I guess the new CBA would open up more cap space.....so I've seen on twitter

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unless Burton is gone, pipe dream!

giphy.gif

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Pace should definitely go after him. And then go after the next guy when Hooper gets a 12m a year offer from someone else

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
anyone who doesn't think the Bears would benefit by having Hooper on the team is insane.......

....Hooper is very good at finding holes underneath and route running. Which according to the coaching staff was lacking on the Bears last year.

Plus PFF doesn't like him so I'm all for it....

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
anyone who doesn't think the Bears would benefit by having Hooper on the team is insane.......

....Hooper is very good at finding holes underneath and route running. Which according to the coaching staff was lacking on the Bears last year.

you sold me with that statement. lol

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

You have to consider the "Bears factor." As soon as the ink dries on his contract his production will decrease 50%.