Lions could be in trouble with NFL

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I figured this would come up. It was weird how the Lions handled it all week. Typical “Patriot Way” bullshit trying to bend all rules to get an advantage.

Bears prepped all week for a pocket passer and one hour before the game they are told Stafford has broken bones in his back?!? Then the lions come out with a completely different offense than they’ve ever had with Stafford. Obviously they knew he wasn’t playing from day one of practice last week. They designed and ran a new offense for Driskel. That would take more than one hour...

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
NFL should leave them alone.

I want to side with your compassionate reasoning, but Matt Patricia really deserves every last ounce of poop being thrown his way.

The NFL should fine him personally IMO.

Monster

Liked Posts:
On a side note my FFB rival this week didn’t get the message in time...

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow, between this and their cover zero defense that was designed to keep Trubisky off the bench the Lions are starting to show real innovation. It looks like they’re finally turning things around.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I want to side with your compassionate reasoning, but Matt Patricia really deserves every last ounce of poop being thrown his way.

The NFL should fine him personally IMO.
You are a cruel cruel man.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

I figured this would come up. It was weird how the Lions handled it all week. Typical “Patriot Way” bullshit trying to bend all rules to get an advantage.

Bears prepped all week for a pocket passer and one hour before the game they are told Stafford has broken bones in his back?!? Then the lions come out with a completely different offense than they’ve ever had with Stafford. Obviously they knew he wasn’t playing from day one of practice last week. They designed and ran a new offense for Driskel. That would take more than one hour...
Has he been listed on the injury report before? I assumed so, since he's had that bad back since last season...

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Detroit won't get any type of penalty because all they have to say is they planned to let Matt dress and be a gametime decision based on him and medical input. The current rules for injury reporting prevent this from really being an option and so to maximize the time to allow Matt to make the decision, it resulted in the late status change. I don't see them doing anything about this and if anything really needs changed is a revamping of the reporting system to allow for team flexibility but that then opens up for more teams to try and stretch those rules.