Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How are the Patriots doing without their rocket scientist? They are #1 in points allowed and 2nd in yards. Patricia's D was 29th in yards during his last year in NE... same as the Lions this year.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
If you really wanted to stop cheating like this...draft pick forfeiture is the way to go.

a 25k fine isn't going to deter anyone.
Even if it's only a 7th rd pick. These type of fines are laughable for guys that make millions. They will gladly pay a small fine for a better chance at a W...

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only a few true rules in life...

Pay your taxes.
Don’t engage in a land war in Asia.
You won’t find a dentist in Brown County WI.
And never accept a HC job in Detroit.

Teen Wolf got it right.

Sadly (or not) I've broken all three :ROFLMAO:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even if it's only a 7th rd pick. These type of fines are laughable for guys that make millions. They will gladly pay a small fine for a better chance at a W...
In this case, it didn't even do that. There was 0 NFL game file on Blough who isn't especially mobile. You could tell the DBs to take away the easy throws and the line to put there arms up when throws before the game and call it a day.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

NFL fined the Lions’ organization $75,000, HC Matt Patricia $25,000, and GM Bob Quinn $10,000 for failing to properly update the injury status of QB Matthew Stafford before the Nov. 10 game against the Chicago Bears.

This was reported a month ago. Glad something happened. Looks like Bears Backer 54 took an L with his post https://www.chicitysports.com/forum/index.php?threads/lions-could-be-in-trouble-with-nfl.74582/
Yep... I'm not afraid to admit I was wrong on that one. I thought the NFL wouldn't get anything to stick due to the flexibility in the current rules, but I stand corrected. I do wonder if the NFL tried to make an example out of the Lions to try and prevent other teams from pushing the line on this.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yep... I'm not afraid to admit I was wrong on that one. I thought the NFL wouldn't get anything to stick due to the flexibility in the current rules, but I stand corrected. I do wonder if the NFL tried to make an example out of the Lions to try and prevent other teams from pushing the line on this.
May be that the Pats connection made them want to nip this quickly.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
the league definitely does this regularly with players. Players get fined almost every week for some infraction the refs never called on the field. Just like these fines, it's really just a slap on the wrist to most players. But it lets them know they're being watched...

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I said that I agreed with the refs on the field, and I still do. That has nothing to do with the league choosing to hand out a fine, as they often hand out fines for "infractions" not called on the field. Many times hits are ruled legal by refs (even on replay), and the league will still hand out a fine. Are you not aware of this? This is far, far from an isolated incident. It is a regular occurance to try to limit players pushing the boundaries...

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Patricia really is a genius. They can't vacate your wins as punishment if you lose out.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I said that I agreed with the refs on the field, and I still do. That has nothing to do with the league choosing to hand out a fine, as they often hand out fines for "infractions" not called on the field. Many times hits are ruled legal by refs (even on replay), and the league will still hand out a fine. Are you not aware of this? This is far, far from an isolated incident. It is a regular occurance to try to limit players pushing the boundaries...
Thanks for proving my point..You defended the hit

"Defender was letting up and trying to avoid the big hit. "

"Defender attempted to avoid contact. Plus, it was outside the pocket, where different rules apply. "

"Trubisky wasn't hurt, we won the game, and it didnt matter. Move on...the refs aren't out to get Mitch Trubisky.... "

"Did you happen to read the word "forcibly" used several times? Its a key word to the interpretation! "
Obviously, the refs on the field were not idiots. They saw a defender NOT driving through the QB, but pulling up. "
"

Go read your posts

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Thanks for proving my point..You defended the hit

"Defender was letting up and trying to avoid the big hit. "

"Defender attempted to avoid contact. Plus, it was outside the pocket, where different rules apply. "

"Trubisky wasn't hurt, we won the game, and it didnt matter. Move on...the refs aren't out to get Mitch Trubisky.... "

Go read your posts
I remember my posts....lol! Not sure what you are attempting to "prove" here...

Visionman

Liked Posts:
You defended the hit..Like I said earlier..Dont deny it. Its there
Yikes....where have I ever said I didn't agree with the refs call? I did, and do.

Has nothing to do with the actual topic here. Try to keep up, and stay on topic...

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yikes....where have I ever said I didn't agree with the refs call? I did, and do.

Has nothing to do with the actual topic here. Try to keep up, and stay on topic...

Dont deny it...You defended the hit..The link is there for anyone to see....Im done with you...backtrack all ya want

brundleflyguy

Liked Posts:
the league definitely does this regularly with players. Players get fined almost every week for some infraction the refs never called on the field. Just like these fines, it's really just a slap on the wrist to most players. But it lets them know they're being watched...
What happens to the refs who failed to make the call? There should be fines for them as well.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
What happens to the refs who failed to make the call? There should be fines for them as well.
Just because the league fines a player after the fact doesn't mean the league is saying the refs made a bad call. Again...these types of fines are meant to send a message to players to not push the envelope. Which was the original point...