Long Term Solution at QB-Thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We all know Pace is going to make a huge move for a QB right?

-It buys him the most time. George is not firing them 1 year into developing a top 5 pick.
-It will cost future picks, which makes the job less appealing

If we miss the playoffs then I think Pace is gone. He only has 1 year left on deal so not a huge sunk cost in firing him.

Bust

Liked Posts:
If we miss the playoffs then I think Pace is gone. He only has 1 year left on deal so not a huge sunk cost in firing him.

yep. the 5-1 start (fluke or otherwise) will do them in. Missing the playoffs after a 5-1 start would only mean the team took a free fall in the loss column to finish out the season. zero chance pace/nagy is back.

The McCaskey's signed off on a boatload of money during Pace's reign and to only have a single one and done playoff roster to show for it going into year 6 under his watch is an epic fail.

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I don’t think anyone is gone, unless they lose out.

1. George does not want to do a 3rd reset in a decade as chairmen.
2. I don’t think any of them want to eat the money in this economy.
3. I don’t think he wants to call uncle Ernie to come help him again.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t think anyone is gone, unless they lose out.

1. George does not want to do a 3rd reset in a decade as chairmen.
2. I don’t think any of them want to eat the money in this economy.
3. I don’t think he wants to call uncle Ernie to come help him again.

1. That ship has sailed. He has already gone from Lovie to Tress to Fox to Nagy.

2. It is like 4 million. Teams eat that all the time.

3. At this point he should just do the obvious and hire Riddick. Lynch and Mayock seem to be working out.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1. That ship has sailed. He has already gone from Lovie to Tress to Fox to Nagy.

2. It is like 4 million. Teams eat that all the time.

3. At this point he should just do the obvious and hire Riddick. Lynch and Mayock seem to be working out.

I am with you. It won’t happen as much sense as it makes. How many times have we watched the Lovie and Jerry “it wasn’t good enough, but nothing is changing” press conferences?

Outside of Emery, this team is epicly slow to make major changes.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'd go 1) QB vs OL, 2) QB vs OL, 3) OL. Take LT and QB with first two picks, whoever is on the board they have rated higher in the first. On paper it's a deep enough QB class to get value in the second if there's a high ceiling LT sitting there around 20 or wherever they pick. There should be enough cap room to pick up a journeyman vet OL or two via FA or cuts as well.

Qb is the most important position. Ya can't just grab anyone. They've got to fit certain parameters

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Drafting a QB early and being able to address the OL aren't mutually exclusive. You can find good OL beyond the top 20 picks.

And a worse OL than the Bears isn't stopping Burrow from lighting up the league. The OL doesn't have to be elite. They just gotta be competent. If they only have to worry about Leno, then it's a successful OL.

Burrow is mobile and can make things happen in or outta the pocket. Now a qb like Foles would be worst than a sitting duck in Cinn.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Burrow is mobile and can make things happen in or outta the pocket. Now a qb like Foles would be worst than a sitting duck in Cinn.
Mobile QBs are the new wave. You can't have a statue who defenses know where they'll be at all times. It makes their job much easier. You need a mobile QB in today's game, good OL or not, to keep defenses off balance.

Give me Wilson or Lance (I'm coming around on him).

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Mobile QBs are the new wave. You can't have a statue who defenses know where they'll be at all times. It makes their job much easier. You need a mobile QB in today's game, good OL or not, to keep defenses off balance.

Give me Wilson or Lance (I'm coming around on him).

Mobile QBs actually been around since the days of Fran Tarkenton & Rodger Staubach. The NFL has just been slow and resistant to evolve. But we agree, ya can't have a statue. Plus the talent on D is getting better, smarter and faster.

Yeah Zach Wilson and Lance (he had 0 INTS. so I know he can read D) are better fits for us. A later round pick might be Georgia, QB Jamie Newman. Kellen Mond, QB, Texas A&M and Sam Ehlinger, QB, Texas are mid to late round picks that might be fits who I'd look at.