Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Perhaps the long term solution is to wait for Mitch. Not saying that's the answer and he doesn't wake up very soon, we at least need better options. Right now he's early career Rich Gannon.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We're probably going to trade for Cam Newton.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The window is right now.

You go out and sign the best QB you can in free agency to as short a contract as you can, or ID your QB and trade for him.

Then you trade up in the draft and get the best damn quarterback you can.

Attack the problem from both ends. You *will* eventually find your quarterback, but only if you keep trying. The historical problem with the Bears is that they don’t keep trying.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Real solution = get an OL that can run block and pass block at least at an average performance.

44bb5320-824b-415c-96e4-08aa0d5732c3_text.gif

Until then, we are all the old lady crying about everything else we think is wrong with the Bears' O.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Thee answer is Joe Burrow. The problem is IMO he will be at worst the 2nd QB off the board.
I hope we can get him. By far my top QB in this class for us.

Never know with NFL QB evaluators. Many teams like to go with the great athletic traits and big arms, hoping to develop the rest. He could be available to us. And if he is...i hope Nagy does whatever he has to to get Pace to pull the trigger...

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why..he will be a FA at the end of the year.

Thought he was 2021.

Prescott, Mariota, Philip Rivers, Bridgewater? Who is going to be available? If Trubisky doesn't show big improvement this season, I'd be fine with taking a hard look at any of these guys. Same with trading for Foles or Newton.

I'm with @Toast88 As long as we keep trying to find our guy, and not settle for garbage, I'm fine with missing, I guess. Just keep searching! And if Pace doesn't find his guy, then fucking fire him and let's get a GM that can get his guy. LET'S FUCKING GO!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Here is a really good read on Nick Mullins and an in depth look at his 2018 season...

Nick Mullins has done more to deserve the 49ers starting job than Jimmy Garappolo

I like what N.Mullens did for the 49ers last year when he played but i give that credit to K.Shanahan, or at least a lot of the credit. He's a legit play caller and has plenty of experience as a play caller from all his time as a OC before getting the 49ers HC gig. I believe if Trubisky was playing in San Fran with Shanny calling the plays or in KC with Reid and the Chiefs or some other places that he'd be playing much better then he's been for us so far. I know there's certain people that will laugh at this or give some stupid comment to this but i truly believe it to be true. Guys like Reid and Shanny know how to call plays that fit what their QB can do and would have Trubisky looking better then Nagy has him looking. I'm not saying he'd all the sudden be looking like Mahomes (because he 100% wouldn't) but you don't need to to win in this league if you have a good play caller. Look at Jimmy, Shanny doesn't have him throwing for 300+ yds a game but he has him doing what he needs to do to win games and he knows how to get his running game going to do that. I'm sure there will be games that he's gonna have Jimmy throwing for 300+ cause that's what needs to happen to beat whoever they're playing.

I even think you could put a guy like Shanny on this exact Bears team we have now and he'd have this offense looking much better then it's looked this year. I love M.Nagy. I love everything about him as a HC besides his play calling, but i also understand that he was and is very green when it comes to play calling and i think he'll get better at it but there's gonna be some rough games that we're gonna have to go through while he's learning on the job. I didn't think this last year at any point up until we got through the first couple of games but it really seems like he's one of the biggest issues with this offense. It's definitely not only him cause the o-line and QB play is right there with him but i'm very nervous right now and really really hoping to see a big change with this offense when we come out of the bye week.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Thought he was 2021.

Prescott, Mariota, Philip Rivers, Bridgewater? Who is going to be available? If Trubisky doesn't show big improvement this season, I'd be fine with taking a hard look at any of these guys. Same with trading for Foles or Newton.

I'm with @Toast88 As long as we keep trying to find our guy, and not settle for garbage, I'm fine with missing, I guess. Just keep searching! And if Pace doesn't find his guy, then fucking fire him and let's get a GM that can get his guy. LET'S FUCKING GO!

I brought up Bridgewater on here a few weeks ago and got laughed at about it but look at him now. Minn drafted this guy in the 1st round in 2014 and he played pretty damn good for them until he tore his ACl and did other damage to his knee. He wasn't great but definitely had plenty of games where he looked like he could become a legit starting QB for many years. I don't see any way he leaves the Saints or the Saints let him leave with Brees being as old as he is and with him winning games for them. He's the next starting QB for the Saints after Brees.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I brought up Bridgewater on here a few weeks ago and got laughed at about it but look at him now. Minn drafted this guy in the 1st round in 2014 and he played pretty damn good for them until he tore his ACl and did other damage to his knee. He wasn't great but definitely had plenty of games where he looked like he could become a legit starting QB for many years. I don't see any way he leaves the Saints or the Saints let him leave with Brees being as old as he is and with him winning games for them. He's the next starting QB for the Saints after Brees.

Yeah, that's the only issue. Brees is 40. How much does he have left in him? It's possible it could be a few years, though. Who knows.

I think some people thought the same about Jimmy G in regards to Brady. And look how that went down. So we'll see.

Last edited:

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thought he was 2021.

Oh I just feel Cam will be cut and a FA this offseason unless Kyle Allen really regresses. Seems the team is responding much better with him at the helm.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah, that's the only issue. Brees is 40. How much does he have left in him? It's possible it could be a few years, though. Who knows.

I think some people thought the same about Jimmy G in regards to Brady. And look how that went down. So we'll see.

I know but Teddy turned down a starting job with Miami (i'm pretty sure it was Miami) to re-sign with Saints and be the backup to Brees. Now maybe he just didn't want to deal with that situation in Miami and would take a chance to start somewhere if he liked what that team was doing over backing up Brees but it seems like S.Payton has him locked in as being the guy to take over for Brees whenever that is.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just DO NOT pay Trubisky.

I've never agreed with you more. I like your philosophy of paying the defensive players that are getting it done. Keep that band together. They've earned it.

No longer can we pay QBs based on potential. We got suckered into that with Cutler. No more. Prove something with your time here or GTFO.

Outside of Trubisky having some sort of miracle comeback and finishing the year off strong....we need to bring someone in to take his job next year.