Long time no speak my old friends. I have a question...

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Does this still bode well for the Bulls?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
You sonovabitch, where have you been?

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You sonovabitch, where have you been?
CRYS! Been around, bud. TBH last time i was here and said i was done with the NBA, i meant it. Came to see how we were feeling on Trubisky and i took a stroll down Bulls memory lane. Kind of miss this place. It almost makes me want to start watching basketball again. How you been?

Did GarPax sign Melo yet?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
You haven't missed too much with the Bulls. New drafts bring new hype/hope. So it's all in with Coby now, who is fun to watch, but just as frustrating. On paper, the Bulls are a dark horse team that could knock off anyone in the East with a good series, but pretty much capped at one decent upset before imploding and going nowhere. If you can handle those realities, then you *might* enjoy some basketball this year at the UC.

And yes, the Bulls signed Melo to be our starting SG. Ben Gordon just took over as the new Head Coach. Tracy McGrady is our starting center, which seems to have solved his health concerns. And while you were gone, Dwyane Wade took a break from HGH and signed with the Bulls for a short stint, whispered ego clouding thingsd into Butlers head which turned him from being young and wanting the spotlight, to becoming a cancer. LeBron stopped using for a while and in test cycle recovery, his estrogen level skyrocketed. (one of these things is true that has to do with the Bulls and one has nothing to do with the Bulls that is true.)

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
As far as the Bulls are concerned, i'm indifferent and it's not their fault. I just hate what the league has become. Maybe i'm getting old but i just cant get behind the super team thing. I hate how much power the players have. I hate the obsessive tanking year after year. I miss the old 2 superstar teams. I did like what Klaw did, though you gotta acknowledge the injuries that buried the Warriors...The league just isn't the same for me. If the Bulls can get themselves a superstar again, maybe i can enjoy watching them but the product as a whole is dead to me :/

Im glad to see Ben finally got that HC gig. Hopefully he can sign Kirk Heinrich, they need a good glue guy. To get serious for a second, i did have a lot of fun with the Wade signing because i got to throw it in every Heat Lifer's face over here. For him to look like a complete two faced hypocrite was pretty big for me.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Basketball used to be a contact sport. Compeditive players used to dream of beating the best of the best, not join up with the best. Adam Silver has slowly converted the league from competition into Globetrotters vs Generals on a regular basis. AND PEOPLE SEEM TO NOT NOTICE OR CARE!

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Compeditive players used to dream of beating the best of the best, not join up with the best.
Yep. I remember having a lot of respect for Durant during the 2010 FA when he tweeted after what i think was the Mike Miller/Heat signing and he said the league should be trying to beat them, not join them. Then he joined the Warriors. Fn bozo.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Basketball used to be a contact sport. Compeditive players used to dream of beating the best of the best, not join up with the best. Adam Silver has slowly converted the league from competition into Globetrotters vs Generals on a regular basis. AND PEOPLE SEEM TO NOT NOTICE OR CARE!
People like it for some reason. And I don't really know why. In general the NBA has always been superstar dominated, but this era is all about the players themselves colluding with each other to team up for the easy championship win.

The Warriors were fun to watch before Durant. That team was mostly built through the draft. Yeah they beat the Bulls 72-10 record which made me root against them in the playoffs and thankfully for the 96 Bulls the Warriors royally fucked it all up for themselves. But then they respond by getting Durant. Which just literally made it a no fun league. But people who liked GSW before Durant seemed to still like GSW... Including several posters here.

Maybe I'll just blame millennials.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People like it for some reason. And I don't really know why. In general the NBA has always been superstar dominated, but this era is all about the players themselves colluding with each other to team up for the easy championship win.

The Warriors were fun to watch before Durant. That team was mostly built through the draft. Yeah they beat the Bulls 72-10 record which made me root against them in the playoffs and thankfully for the 96 Bulls the Warriors royally fucked it all up for themselves. But then they respond by getting Durant. Which just literally made it a no fun league. But people who liked GSW before Durant seemed to still like GSW... Including several posters here.

Like I tell everyone...it's not GSW's fault they got Durant lol

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
@Anytime23 you made it back just in time for the Coby White era.

:harden:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

For me it was when teams were dedicating personnel to train players how to flop. Yes, flopping has always existed, but it was a nuclear tool used maybe once or twice a game, and the refs barely favored the flopper. Not something that happened 30 times per game for EACH TEAM. All which led to weak defense around the arc (and heavily inflated 3pt stats) and players who stopped trying reach in for high dribbers which led to kids worshiping ball handlers who text book league rules carried the ball on every single possession. And because players focused so much on rule manipulation, you have all these grown men that spend 3+ seconds after every non-call crying to refs, following refs around breaks trying to plead cases.

I don't know..... seems the Durant thing wasn't really all that big of a league breaking event. He's simply NOT THAT GOOD without playing in a pet-the-kitty era. When ANYONE goes hard on him and the refs don't treat him like a princess, KD checks out. This whole thing with GS has done nothing but expose him for being the fragile person (mentally and physically) that he is.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Now where's Rami and Hou?