Look on the bright side

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Since the Raiders game they look unmotivated and undisciplined. I remember in the first game against GB thinking WOW this defense flies off the ball and dominates the run game. The Hicks injury definitely was a major blow as teams have turned to bullying our D up front which with Hicks you know isn't happening. Roquan looks lost at times. The play of both safeties is below par. Teams eliminate the rush of Mack by throwing quick passes and our corners play off the ball.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This! The D is average at best.

Being without Hicks already hurt but losing E.Goldman in this game hurt more and E.Jackson did not play good today, D.Trevathan missed his assignment to cover M.Sanders on that big 3rd down play late in the 4th and Prince and E.Jackson messed up on who was taking Goedert on another big 3rd down play late in the game. If we get either of those stops then we at least have a chance giving the offense the ball back to see if they can come up with a TD to win the game.

I don't think it would be wrong to think that maybe these guys are so down on all the 3 and outs on offense that it makes you not give your all every play on defense. Not saying they're just throwing their hands up and giving up but definitely might not be giving 100%.

bearsforever

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's part of the problem. Look at the RUSHING

BEARS RUSHING
PlayerCARYDSTDAVG
David Montgomery144022.9
Mitchell Trubisky21507.5
Tarik Cohen2703.5

***********EAGLES RUSHING**********

PlayerCARYDSTDAVG
Jordan Howard198214.3
Miles Sanders104204.2
Carson Wentz41503.8
Darren Sproles2703.5

Trubs is our best rusher. Put in Daniel as QB and toss Mitch in there as our new RB :)

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Blaming this on the D at all is nonsense. The offense put up 14PTS!? Give me a break. This D is great; you have no idea how demoralizing having one of the worst offenses in NFL history is...

See this is where stupid comes in. Nobody is blaming it all on the defense, all people are saying is that they aren't as great or playing as great as expected. Now would you agree or disagree with that?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Here's part of the problem. Look at the RUSHING

BEARS RUSHING
PlayerCARYDSTDAVG
David Montgomery144022.9
Mitchell Trubisky21507.5
Tarik Cohen2703.5

***********EAGLES RUSHING**********

PlayerCARYDSTDAVG
Jordan Howard198214.3
Miles Sanders104204.2
Carson Wentz41503.8
Darren Sproles2703.5

But this doesn't really tell the whole truth cause Philly was playing with the lead and purposely running the clock on us hard and the Bears were playing from behind trying their best to get anything going in the passing game. We were chasing the points so sometimes you get in the position that you have to pass more.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
The silver lining in todays game for me was that it only took Nagy half a game to figure out that the Eagles were stacking the box with 8-9-10 players to disrupt our run and short passing game, and to counter that he only had to throw over the top with a short drop or a rollout

Only half a game guys..!...lol

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Being without Hicks already hurt but losing E.Goldman in this game hurt more and E.Jackson did not play good today, D.Trevathan missed his assignment to cover M.Sanders on that big 3rd down play late in the 4th and Prince and E.Jackson messed up on who was taking Goedert on another big 3rd down play late in the game. If we get either of those stops then we at least have a chance giving the offense the ball back to see if they can come up with a TD to win the game.

I don't think it would be wrong to think that maybe these guys are so down on all the 3 and outs on offense that it makes you not give your all every play on defense. Not saying they're just throwing their hands up and giving up but definitely might not be giving 100%.

I think Pagano has a lot to do with it, he gets outcoached often, the two first scripted drives of each half, they got destroyed, and he didn’t adjust during the drives.

And that last drive! Two 3rd and long, and got burned by screens! Twice in the same drive!

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look on the bright side, Sundays are fun again. The Bears sucking balls is the best thing that can happen. Half my Sundays used to be wasted watching the NFL. It's liberating to not care if this team wins or loses. Life is short, enjoy what it has to offer.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Look on the bright side, Sundays are fun again. The Bears sucking balls is the best thing that can happen. Half my Sundays used to be wasted watching the NFL. It's liberating to not care if this team wins or loses. Life is short, enjoy what it has to offer.
yep, since the first game I’ve been recording and watching later. I FF through the commercials and replay crap, but watch the game parts. Today I was FF through some of the actual game play. I’d stop and go back if something happened. It’s sad that I went from jumping up and down cheering or yelling a year ago to almost not watching at all.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Definitely not a great D. No way in hell like Urlacher's Bears. But they ain't bad. They are top 10 FFS.

All attention should be pointed at Nagy and Mitch.

Splackers

Liked Posts:
It’s almost like nobody here realized how good Hicks was. Without him the O can just focus on Mack and then we become very average.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
It’s almost like nobody here realized how good Hicks was. Without him the O can just focus on Mack and then we become very average.
Again, it’s not only Hicks, he was out against the Viking, and that’s the most dominating game they’ve played all year on defense. Pagano i snot very good or fast adjusting to what’s being called on offense. Today the worse drives for the Defense were the two first drives of each half, and the last drive, he was out coached on all 3, actually manhandle, and couldn’t adjust in time. This is a 10th - 12th Defense with Pagano and this schedule.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:

mecha

Liked Posts:

this post delivers.