Looking a little further ahead...

LondonBrett

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Miami Dolphins
Is it fair to say, that depending on how this run of games coming up goes, it will give a huge indication as to whether they're on course for the division or not ?! Wow, tough run of games but if the Cubs can get through it successfully then I'll be confident of the division not going down to the last game or so (barring important players getting injuries)...thoughts? :)

July 26th @Brewers
July 27th @Brewers
July 28th @Brewers
July 30th @Cardinals
July 31st @Cardinals
August 1st @Cardinals
August 2nd Brewers@Cubs
August 3rd Brewers@Cubs
August 4th Brewers@Cubs

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is it fair to say, that depending on how this run of games coming up goes, it will give a huge indication as to whether they're on course for the division or not ?! Wow, tough run of games but if the Cubs can get through it successfully then I'll be confident of the division not going down to the last game or so (barring important players getting injuries)...thoughts? :)

July 26th @Brewers
July 27th @Brewers
July 28th @Brewers
July 30th @Cardinals
July 31st @Cardinals
August 1st @Cardinals
August 2nd Brewers@Cubs
August 3rd Brewers@Cubs
August 4th Brewers@Cubs

?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Division means nothing when they bow out in the first round. This is not an elite team and lacks WS make-up

LondonBrett

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Miami Dolphins
Division means nothing when they bow out in the first round. This is not an elite team and lacks WS make-up

Serious question,

How different is your team compared to the year the cubs won the World Series?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Cubs best chance for a WS is probably going to be similar to the 2006 Cardinals run. They'll need some injury luck (06 Mets fell apart) and get hot. Wouldn't hurt if the opposing WS team forgets how to throw to 1st base.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Serious question,

How different is your team compared to the year the cubs won the World Series?
In 2016, the Cubs were arguably the best and most talented team in the league. Now they are somewhere between 8-10. They dont have a single player outside of Baez that's anywhere near the best at his position. They are more likely to bow out in the first round than get anywhere near the WS

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
In 2016, the Cubs were arguably the best and most talented team in the league. Now they are somewhere between 8-10. They dont have a single player outside of Baez that's anywhere near the best at his position. They are more likely to bow out in the first round than get anywhere near the WS
"Cubs have morphed into one of the worst teams in baseball. Not a chance in hell they would win a single playoff game. Forum members and ESPN reporters claiming this is one of the best teams in history are fucking morons."

Direct quote from shit pants in 2016. Things are looking up for us.

Kris Bryant 8th in entire league in WAR. Top NL third baseman in WAR. Third in WAR among all third baseman. Missing out by .1

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Also, shit for brains pants,
Contreras is one of the best
Rizzo is one of the best

There is a lot of baseball left to play for this team to find ots stride, or not. So pontificating about their demise is short sighted and ignorant at this point. Sit back, relax and enjoy the games as they play out. But most of all @Omeletpants EAT SHIT

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Rizzo is one of the best

There is a lot of baseball left to play for this team to find ots stride, or not. So pontificating about their demise is short sighted and ignorant at this point. Sit back, relax and enjoy the games as they play out. But most of all @Omeletpants EAT SHIT
We have biased mods with their own agenda

Last edited:

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rizzo is one of the best

Great Post

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
"Cubs have morphed into one of the worst teams in baseball. Not a chance in hell they would win a single playoff game. Forum members and ESPN reporters claiming this is one of the best teams in history are fucking morons."

Direct quote from shit pants in 2016. Things are looking up for us.

Kris Bryant 8th in entire league in WAR. Top NL third baseman in WAR. Third in WAR among all third baseman. Missing out by .1
The only thing I've seen @Omeletpants possess expert knowledge about is deeply discounted Toshiba Televisions.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What the Cubs look like right at this moment is inconsequential. It's how they look in September/October.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The biggest difference with this year is we have more of the brewers schedule they had last year in terms of getting days off. Gloves on the other hand this year.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Their 3rd baseman has an OPS of almost 1.000, takes walks, hits HRs, runs the bases as well as anyone in the league, and can play other positions well....but, oh yeah, you hate him.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The biggest difference with this year is we have more of the brewers schedule they had last year in terms of getting days off. Gloves on the other hand this year.
We have off days in July. Not so much afterward.