Lost in the Shuffle: Amos

dennehy

Liked Posts:
There was so much shit in yesterday's game, particularly from the refs but also injuries, weekly poor WR play, spotty but encouraging play from Trubisky.

Adrian Amos's outstanding play was lost in the shuffle. Aside from giving the Bears' offense one last chance with a forced fumble and recovery, I saw some outstanding play from him elsewhere. He has a tackle for loss on an out route (rarely happens for a safety) which he diagnosed perfectly and laid the wood. He was excellent in run support and I don't remember him giving up much in coverage either.

Certainly part of his emergence has been the change to SS and the increased amount of talent around him. Kudos to Pace for that. On the downside, I feel like the coaching staff should have known he was 1. a much better SS and 2. better than Demps.

Anyway, the Bears can count on Hicks, Floyd, Goldman, and Trevethan. With the emergence of Fuller, Amos, Jackson, and Jones, and solid play from other starters, this unit is becoming elite.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Agreed. I like the pairing of Amos/Jackson. They could be good together for a long time.

I also like the thought of keeping Demps on the roster moving forward next year. Depth and veteran experience.

AussieBear

jackson/amos....dats the aussies safeties.. dey be alright side by side.. lets see if they get 2-3 yrs together to get real guuds

greg23

Liked Posts:
Actually....the lost in the shuffle Amos play was his forced fumble/recovery at the end of the game.

What the fuk was drew beers doing right there to make a tackle?

If he's 5 yards away or running out a fake the other way that fumble is a touchdown return for Amos as he was tackled immediately by drew fking brees.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Amos has played solid. I think Jackson has allowed him to just do what he does and not worry about having to be a playmaker. The strip/recovery was beautiful.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Amos played well most of the time, however on 2 occasions he was jogging towards the play and if he was sprinting towards it he may have made a bigger impact on those specific plays. One being that 50+ catch down the sidelines in the first.

I think he's our SS for the next several years, but I was a little disappointed in those plays.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Amos is a linebacker that can MOVE. He's a phenomenal athlete and has been healthy for 3 years, finally trained his way into sniffing the ball out. If he keeps progressing, he could be a pro bowler. But this just shows it takes some young players a while to "get it", especially in the later rounds. Shaheen is one of those that might take a while.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Amos has taken over SS and the "Hitman""Whitman" role. With playmakers around him he will be around more loose balls.

I have always included him in what I consider to be the "Pace mold" of player. Bullard/Goldman/Amos/Whitehair/Trubisky/White/Howard/ is a large chunk of his early to mid picks and fit a profile if this were Quintanimo

Blue collar, big school, stout football body,

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Amos played well most of the time, however on 2 occasions he was jogging towards the play and if he was sprinting towards it he may have made a bigger impact on those specific plays. One being that 50+ catch down the sidelines in the first.

I think he's our SS for the next several years, but I was a little disappointed in those plays.

The other was the TD on the sideline where he thought he didn't need to help but could have easily knocked the guy out if he had just continued his line and lowered a shoulder.

I've always said he was a SS playing FS and should switch. Overall, he's been doing really well.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

I actually missed that play. Thanks.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
almost everyone on the defense has improved.....changes like this general start up front and work their way back into the secondary.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
almost everyone on the defense has improved.....changes like this general start up front and work their way back into the secondary.

I agree with this 100 percent but I have seen quite a few coverage sacks this year. I think fuller has played incredibly well and amukamara and cooper have been decent. The secondary's ply has definitely helped the line so far this year.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Perhaps the signing of Demps was just the motivation Amos needed to up his game?

dennehy

Liked Posts:

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Zach Miller's TD on Sunday got lost in Alberto Riveron's Truffle Shuffle.

Here is his most compelling evidence to confirm the call:

giphy.gif

Washington

Liked Posts:
This has been a very pleasant surprise. This team needs some of these unexpected type wins like this one is turning out. I'm guessing Amos playing SS and getting a little motivation from the Demps signing and the Jackson drafting was some motivation. I'm betting his best days are still in front of him. The secondary this year is vastly improved from what we had last year. I didn't see it coming and was tough on Pace over the Cooper and Prince signings, but they were nice signings too.

Having Fuller step up is also another small win but it could be short-lived if we can't resign him at a reasonable price. I'd be very content going into next year with this same group knowing they will need to draft a high end CB in the next couple of years though.