Lovie Smith Memes

Mitchapalooza

I'm bored and it's the offseason. Fuck it.

Lovie-Challenges-His-Firing-Meme.jpg

4d3d5126dc7989d58400254677c35115.png

32732623.jpg

3sghrt.jpg

3sedfj.jpg

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I loves me some Lovie now, don't get me wrong. Not once did I ever see him cry openly on the side line during a game.

(Dave W. actually made me ashamed to claim the beloved for a while after that mess; showing my age)

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm bored and it's the offseason. Fuck it.

Lovie-Challenges-His-Firing-Meme.jpg

4d3d5126dc7989d58400254677c35115.png

32732623.jpg

3sghrt.jpg

3sedfj.jpg

That blank stare...it embarrasses me to this day. He seemed over all his years with the Bears to never get a grasp of the game. Always with..the blank stare. I hope Trestman has a better grasp of managing the game...Im sure he will, he sure as hell could not be any worse.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Will not miss the blank stare

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That blank stare...it embarrasses me to this day. He seemed over all his years with the Bears to never get a grasp of the game. Always with..the blank stare. I hope Trestman has a better grasp of managing the game...Im sure he will, he sure as hell could not be any worse.

You conclude from his facial expression that he did not grasp NFL football? Really?

And cannot do worse than Lovie as a HC? Do you even watch football?

I don't really understand the compulsion to distort reality in order to demonize Lovie as a terrible coach. Cause he wasn't. He was a damn good coach and if folks can't see that... well, then I don't know what to say.

Last edited:

SouthSida773

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;zFRyRzLkUHY]http://youtu.be/zFRyRzLkUHY[/video]

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would say he was a good/great defensive coach...

But not a good HC...I would say he was mediocre HC at best...

Unless you consider making the playoffs 1 out of the last 6 years a damn good coach...

I certainly don't

Rusty Trombone

Liked Posts:

Unless you consider making the playoffs 1 out of the last 6 years a damn good coach...

I certainly don't

i think that's pretty fair. i think he started out here as a good defensive coach and left a brillliant one. it's actually kind of a shame if he never returns to DC'ing somewhere.
beyond that, despite the complaints of his complete lack of charisma, ever player who came through halas hall would walk off a cliff for lovie and that's certainly an integral part of coaching... but his complete ineptitude at putting together an offensive staff and getting the best out of his offensive players will forever keep him from damn good coach status.

is there any other coach in the nfl over the last decade who would be considered very good while fielding only half a competitive team?

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
The fact that he was able to create an elite defense from what Jerry Angelo gave him for 7 years shows how brilliant he was defensively. Looking back on it, I wonder how good the Tice/Martz/Turner offenses would have been if they had the talent that team currently has now. Yeah, those guys made terrible decisions and had questionable play-calling, but if you gave them Marshall, Bennett and this OL, Lovie would probably still have his job.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I certainly don't

His results are above mediocre when you compare him against other HCs and what is achieved by HCs in the NFL. Maybe he doesn't measure well against your expectations, but thats a whole other thing. Lovie was a solid 2nd tier HC that was a competent OC away from the 1st tier.

Anyway, I apologize for the derailment, cause the memes are funny as hell.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lol at what Cutler sees