Lovie Smith Memes

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You conclude from his facial expression that he did not grasp NFL football? Really?

And cannot do worse than Lovie as a HC? Do you even watch football?

I don't really understand the compulsion to distort reality in order to demonize Lovie as a terrible coach. Cause he wasn't. He was a damn good coach and if folks can't see that... well, then I don't know what to say.

Should have defined it more. It was in critical game situations that his blank stare was an embarrassment. There is no distortion. He was good defensively, he was bad offensively, therefore IMO he was a mediocre, or for those that can't stand criticism of the head could he was merely a good coach, not horrible, not great. You cannot tell me that when the game was on the line and Lovie had to make a critical decision that you wholeheartedly trusted his grasp of football..

That is the blank stare that I am talking about.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Then you know wrong, and worse, didn't pay attention the last 2+ years when the Bears were in cover 2 less than 40% of snaps in some games.

Its pretty easy to dismiss this statement as nonsense because of how ridiculously broad and extreme it is. How would the coach you are describing even win a single game?

Please don't try to take the position that Lovie was a good HC when it came to game-planning and in-game adjustments. Lovie = dogma.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now with trestman we just have to worry about him getting beat up by opposing coaches.

images

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please don't try to take the position that Lovie was a good HC when it came to game-planning and in-game adjustments. Lovie = dogma.

Yeah, thats what I thought. Stick to your sweeping generalities.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am convinced you don't know anything about football. You seem to thnk he just rolled out the balls and waited to see what happened.
Either you are an idiot or a troll. Either way, you should ask why nobody who played for him has had a bad word to say about the man, even off the record? If he was as bad as you think, people would have been talking.

@racer

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I think I see a facial expression there!

bc698d9994bba5865070f83271168936_width_600x.jpg

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He always smiled at any Hester TD return. Even Lovie can't keep a poker face when Devin blows past the home bench.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He always smiled at any Hester TD return. Even Lovie can't keep a poker face when Devin blows past the home bench.

He was probably just thinking to himself "self, good job for drafting someone that can actually score a TD other than Forte; even if he is just a returner."

MidwestDichotomy

Liked Posts:
You conclude from his facial expression that he did not grasp NFL football? Really?

And cannot do worse than Lovie as a HC? Do you even watch football?

I don't really understand the compulsion to distort reality in order to demonize Lovie as a terrible coach. Cause he wasn't. He was a damn good coach and if folks can't see that... well, then I don't know what to say.

3 playoff appearances in 9 seasons say he wasn't "damn good." 3 playoff appearances in 9 years would get a coach fired from just about any team in the NFL, except maybe for Pittsburgh, because they don't fire their coaches.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I am convinced you don't know anything about football. You seem to thnk he just rolled out the balls and waited to see what happened.
Either you are an idiot or a troll. Either way, you should ask why nobody who played for him has had a bad word to say about the man, even off the record? If he was as bad as you think, people would have been talking.

@racer

Perhaps you are right, I don't know much about football. But I do know a dumbshit and a troll when I read one's prattle, and you are too F'ing dumb to warrant any other type of reply. Again.