dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pace has built nothing other than mediocrity. Defense for Bears never the problem. Offense was the problem and exactly what has Pace done for that #30 offense in the league?

Soooooooo Pace didn't build the defense? After you say he did then are you saying he shouldn't get credit for it because the Bears are known for defense?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Come on man, with this “understand the basics of football” nonsense. It doesn’t take over 5 years to win a playoff game. The comparison to Lynch, who has put together a SB team in three years. Is just to show how much Pace isn’t getting it done. To have one of the worst offenses in football after 5 years is inexcusable. And, Pace’s QB selections, from Glennon to Daniels to Trubisky (over more accomplished QBs) have been terrible. Unhappy fans that are tired of the same ole same ole for decades are not Trolls. They have a right to express their dissatisfaction. Just like you have a right to be cool with failure.

Hahahaha so i'm cool with failure? What a stupid thing to say since i'm far from cool with failure. I just seem to understand that there's more to building a football team then coming on a message board after the fact and saying Pace should of done this or Pace should of done that. People think that since the 49ers are in the super bowl after J.Lynch and Shanny being there for 3 years that Pace should've had the Bears in the super bowl in 3 years which is so fucking stupid. There's just so much ignorant things said on this board from people who act like they know so much about the NFL even though they haven't spent a minute of their lives anywhere close to the NFL. I know i haven't and i'm still smart enough to understand that the job of a GM is much harder then posting on a message board what Pace did wrong after the fact.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
@dabears70 can you plz explain to me how Lynch turned the 49ers into a Super Bowl team in only 3 years? Since you are the boards certified expert on NFL Franchise rebuilds and you told us it takes at least 5 years, I am confused. TIA.

Shanahan adopted a power run scheme. If he throws 30+ or 40+ a game they are an 8 win team.

This is coaching. He took what he had and got the best out of his players.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Lol, Pace selected Fox. Don't believe the narrative that Fox was forced on him.

That's great. The problem is you don't know if Fox was forced on Pace or if he wasn't so what you think happened from sitting behind a computer means absolutely nothing and vice versa.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well out of that entire trade, the Saints got a stud and the Niners got a stud Warner. The Bears got Trubisky.

I sometimes wonder if he is the same IRL

Doctor: The test results have come back and I am afraid you have been diagnosed with type two diabetes.

DB70: Shut up you loser troll. Try learning the fundamentals of doctoring. SMH

Don't know what you're replying to but for someone who can't even do the simple task of being a good mod shouldn't be saying shit. Haha. I mean how fucking bad can you be at patrolling a message board. Don't quit your day job, if you have one.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
If memory serves me correct both Lynch and Shanahan took control over the perfect situation. The previous year they were 2-14, had the 3rd overall pick (which they messed up and took Solomon Thomas), had a lot of draft capital overall and I think over $100M in cap space. They were almost a blank slate, which most GMs/HCs don't get.

I'd add, for how great Lynch and Shanahan have been this year in their first two seasons they went 6-10 then 4-12 (actually regressed). It leaves me to wonder are they this amazing GM/HC combo or are they having a season where things are just working well?

Just imagine if they had a couple key injuries and went 5-11? Would Lynch and Shanahan get a 4th season or would they have been fired?

Anyway, I'm sure this question is to draw a reference to how Pace and Nagy are failing while Lynch and Shanahan have been great. Let's not forget that the Nagy/Pace combo are 20-12 in the first two years. If their first two years would have had the same success as Lynch/Shanahan, being 10-22, would you even give them a 3rd season? I'm thinking probably not. Just to remind you guys that Trestman went 13-19 in his only two seasons. No way you let 10-22 slide bye.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
...imagine if SF had drafted Mahomes..
Wait a second. I thought Mahomes was drafted #1 overall by KC. Are you telling me other teams actually had a chance at drafting him???

Thanks for presenting this new information and I'm going to ask some of my message board brothers to dig a little deeper into what other teams could have drafted Mahomes...

This actually reminds me of a story where someone said other teams had an opportunity to draft Tom Brady. I mean, looking at how his career played out he was definitely the #1 overall pick, right?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
When was the last time the Bears hired the right GM? Or head coach, for that matter? When was the last time the Bears had a good offensive coach?

Offensive coach- Trestman

The best offense this franchise had this century.

GM? Not in 35yrs

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Offensive coach- Trestman

The best offense this franchise had this century.

GM? Not in 35yrs

If Trestman was the OC, with Lovie as the HC still, maybe we could have competed.

But Lovie and Trestman sucked as head coaches. Lovie for never finding competent offensive minds to lead the offense. Trestman for losing the locker room and hiring Mel Tucker.

FoCo

Liked Posts:
What do Raheem Mostert and Robbie Gould have in common?

They were both cut by Pace and the only two players to score for the 9ers in the NFC championship game. And now they are in the Superbowl vs. Patrick Mahomes.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The first act as GM for the niners, he accepted losing Solomon Thomas to pick up another few picks, ended up getting his guy and the free picks from Pace. This was after Pace pulled off the great bluff by signing Glennon as his quarterback.

We should have known he was gonna do something special.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hahahaha so i'm cool with failure? What a stupid thing to say since i'm far from cool with failure. I just seem to understand that there's more to building a football team then coming on a message board after the fact and saying Pace should of done this or Pace should of done that. People think that since the 49ers are in the super bowl after J.Lynch and Shanny being there for 3 years that Pace should've had the Bears in the super bowl in 3 years which is so fucking stupid. There's just so much ignorant things said on this board from people who act like they know so much about the NFL even though they haven't spent a minute of their lives anywhere close to the NFL. I know i haven't and i'm still smart enough to understand that the job of a GM is much harder then posting on a message board what Pace did wrong after the fact.

I wasn’t directly saying that you are ok with failure. I meant it more in general. Some fans are ok with Pace’s results & make excuses for him but, that’s ok. Other fans are tired of the same song and dance (while the McCaskeys count coins). So that doesn’t make them trolls because they are frustrated with this organization. Also no one on the board has to be a GM to understand what the results of a successful & unsuccessful GM looks like. The Bears are the only organization that has never had a 4,000 yrd passer, why is that? It’s not that the fans think being a GM is easy. It’s the fact that the Bears GMs (front office) make winning so hard.

No excuses.... Just win baby...

Last edited:

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
There are 2 QBs in the SB we should have had instead of Moped Mitch.

This is true. It seems everyone focuses on Watson and Mahomes. But the Bears theoretically could have had Jimmy Garoppolo for a 2nd round pick. The 49ers traded the 43rd pick to the NE Patriots for Garoppolo in the 2018 draft. The Bears held the 39th pick in that draft.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Just a few months ago Lynch was on the hot seat, the 49ers were 10-22 under him, and he and was being criticized for his 2017 draft picks, Solomon Thomas and Rueben Foster. Now the tables have turned in one season and we're jealous?!

Can other teams have success without it always being turned into "woe is me"?

Maybe the 49ers are going to be good for years to come, maybe they will regress back to the mean, who knows? But either way, what does it have to do with the bigger picture of the Chicago Bears?

Pace has built a very solid and competitive team. We have a foundation of core players that will help us vie for the playoffs for years to come. Give it another season for us to revert to our mean, before complaining after one let down year.

On here?? Fuck No! A helluva lot of cry babies on this board.

jive

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace definitely didn't inherit a good defense. Under Emery's final year it was ranked 31st, and 30th the year before. His first step towards improvement was getting Fangio. Then from 2015-2018 acquired Goldman, Amos, Hicks, Trevathan, Amukamara, Jackson, Smith, Nichols, Floyd, RRH, Kwiatkoski, and Mack. The only starter he kept from the previous regime was Fuller. The result was a #1 defense in points against in 2018, and 4th in 2019.

You can rip all you want on Pace's QB whiff. But, it's hard to deny that he built a pretty good defense.

coolio

Liked Posts:
Have the niners even drafted well? It seems like their team was just built on free agents. And they got lucky with Bosa, basically gift wrapped. Debo Samuels too
Ryan Pace definitely didn't inherit a good defense. Under Emery's final year it was ranked 31st, and 30th the year before. His first step towards improvement was getting Fangio. Then from 2015-2018 acquired Goldman, Amos, Hicks, Trevathan, Amukamara, Jackson, Smith, Nichols, Floyd, RRH, Kwiatkoski, and Mack. The only starter he kept from the previous regime was Fuller. The result was a #1 defense in points against in 2018, and 4th in 2019.

You can rip all you want on Pace's QB whiff. But, it's hard to deny that he built a pretty good defense.

No one can deny that he’s got a good eye for defensive personnel. But skill positions and QB is not his strong suit.... and he opts for projects rather than players who are ready to jump in and make an impact right away.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
When was the last time the Bears hired the right GM? Or head coach, for that matter? When was the last time the Bears had a good offensive coach?

Jim Finks in the 70's, Lovie Smith in 2004, and maybe whoever was OC for the Bears in the 80's (Greg Landry?)