dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Again have you Seen Pace's 1st round picks?

Kevin White
Leonard Floyd
Mitchell Trubisky
Roquan Smith

Trade them all away if they not going to get a new GM

Who cares. Pace couldnt pick a whore in a brothel

E.Goldman says hi
A.Amos says hi--he's the guy that gave us our 1st loss of the season by the way.
C.Whitehair says hi
N.Kwiatkowski screamed hi yesterday but not sure any of you morons heard him.
D.Bush says hi.
J.Howard said hi a couple of weeks ago by being a huge help in another Bears loss.
E.jackson says hi.
T.Cohen says hi.
R.Smith says hi--he led the team in tackles yesterday which just shows that people that are already saying he's a bust are dumb as fuck cause those same people judge players by being stat chasers.
B.Nichols says hi.
J.Wims says hi.

Yep you're right, R.Pace sucks at drafting...Hahahahaha.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hi guys playing for other teams!!! Way to go Pace!

Literally naming guys who have done little to nothing for the Bears this season.

guy who mad that 1 play says hi
guy who I think suited up one or two games say hi

derpa derpa derpa

Biggest idiot on this board.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
SMH. We were a SB contender until Nagy and Mitch regressed.

The further problem with this is that you are gambling on a GM that has fucked up numerous 1st and 2nd round picks to magically get it right with picks.

Mack > 2 unknown first rounders chosen by Pace.

See White, Floyd, Trubs, and Smith as evidence. I would not take any of those 2 over Mack. Fuck I wouldnt take all 4.

What's the numerous 2nd round picks? A.Shaheen or are you saying E.Goldman, C.Whitehair, J.Daniels and A.Miller are busts? I have a feeling you're gonna try to say A.Miller but that dude can ball, he just needs a QB and play caller that can get him the ball and actually call plays for him. So i'm seeing one 2nd round bust.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Hi guys playing for other teams!!! Way to go Pace!

Literally naming guys who have done little to nothing for the Bears this season.

guy who mad that 1 play says hi
guy who I think suited up one or two games say hi

derpa derpa derpa

Biggest idiot on this board.

Shit my bad, sometimes i forget you're on here, it's not hard to do, and forget i need to dumb it down for you and many others. Since you don't seem to be or can't seem to pay attention, we were talking about players R.Pace drafted and nothing at all about where they are now you fucking dummy. Who gives a shit where they are now when all we're talking about is who he drafted? Holy fuck your mommy must be embarrassed of you.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pace is far from bad at drafting. He's had a couple 1st round picks that haven't turned out the best but maybe some don't realize this, which wouldn't really shock me too much, but the draft is 7 rounds not 1.

Kwiatkowski says hi and went in the 4th round for anyone that hasn't been paying attention.

The discussion is about 1st round picks given up for Mack. Pace's drafting in later rounds is irrelevant. What is relevant is Mack is better than any two of White, Floyd, Trubs and Smith and it is not even close.

Even if you extend to the whole NFL, the chances of getting a player of Mack's caliber is less than 50%.

Last edited:

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Shit my bad, sometimes i forget you're on here, it's not hard to do, and forget i need to dumb it down for you and many others. Since you don't seem to be or can't seem to pay attention, we were talking about players R.Pace drafted and nothing at all about where they are now you fucking dummy. Who gives a shit where they are now when all we're talking about is who he drafted? Holy fuck your mommy must be embarrassed of you.
my mom is dead

Of course you forget I’m here. Anytime I make a post that shits on you, you deflect or ignore. it’s honestly comical that you can regularly be shit on by everyone here and still think you know what you’re talking about.

You should give a shit where they are. Ryan Pace is being paid to build this roster, not others. Hit on more of your draft picks and you don’t need to sign as many FAs at a premium, so you can resign your own guys. It’s that simple. So fucking simple. But that’s not the Bears situation. Pace not only drafts players who aren’t major contributors in the early rounds, he drafts players that don’t belong in the NFL. Just save us all the time and flush the picks down the toilet.

Derp wims says hi

Hi guy who’s made plays I can count on one hand! You reach so hard for this bum ass Gm. You want many many more years of fighting the lions for 3rd place. You and Pace deserve each other. Losers.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What's the numerous 2nd round picks? A.Shaheen or are you saying E.Goldman, C.Whitehair, J.Daniels and A.Miller are busts? I have a feeling you're gonna try to say A.Miller but that dude can ball, he just needs a QB and play caller that can get him the ball and actually call plays for him. So i'm seeing one 2nd round bust.

I said numerous 1st and 2nd round. That is combined not separate. At this point and time out of 9 1st and 2nd round picks only Goldman and Whitehair can you say have truly been good. That is a terrible success rate.

I would take Mack over any Goldman and Whitehair. I would take Mack over any combination of White, Goldman, Floyd, Whitehair, Trubs, Shaheen, Smith, Daniels, Miller.

If you disagree tell me which 2 you would take over Mack right now?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The discussion is about 1st round picks given up for Mack. Pace',s drafting in later rounds is irrelevant. What is relevant is Mack is better than any two of White, Floyd, Trubs and Smith and it is not even close.

Even if you extend to the whole NFL, the chances of getting a player of Mack's caliber is less than 50%.
I think the point is that when the trade was made, we thought it was worth it because we thought we would be good enough to win the superbowl with Mack.

Now, it is looking like we are not good enough around Mack to win the Superbowl, namely because of the QB and OL and HC.
If we are going to use the argument that proven talent for inflated 2nd contracts is always better for this team solely because of previously bad 1st round Picks under Pace, then what you really are saying is Pace needs to be fired. Because you have no confidence that he can ever draft talent in the 1st round. That is the issue.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I said numerous 1st and 2nd round. That is combined not separate. At this point and time out of 9 1st and 2nd round picks only Goldman and Whitehair can you say have truly been good. That is a terrible success rate.

I would take Mack over any Goldman and Whitehair. I would take Mack over any combination of White, Goldman, Floyd, Whitehair, Trubs, Shaheen, Smith, Daniels, Miller.

If you disagree tell me which 2 you would take over Mack right now?

What the fuck are you even talking about? Did i somewhere say any player on our team is better than K.Mack? I'll help by telling you the answer is no so again.....WTF are you talking about. You said he's missed on numerour 1st and 2nd round picks that would mean that you said he's missed on numerous 2nd round picks but you can go ahead and dance around that one. R.Smith and L.Floyd are not busts at all. Floyd was drafted too high in the 1st round for what he's done but has still played like a 1st round pick. I know you're a stat chaser but the guy also plays the run well and covers well and that stuff counts too. I wish he had more sacks but he does get QB hits and pressures.

Hahaha i'm still laughing at how you somehow tried pulling a switcharoo on me and saying i said any of those guys were better than Mack but still can't see where i said that so can you please show me?

I know you're still mad about being so wrong about how you don't think ARob was a good signing but damn man.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Someone needs a bottle and a nap

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think the point is that when the trade was made, we thought it was worth it because we thought we would be good enough to win the superbowl with Mack.

Now, it is looking like we are not good enough around Mack to win the Superbowl, namely because of the QB and OL and HC.
If we are going to use the argument that proven talent for inflated 2nd contracts is always better for this team solely because of previously bad 1st round Picks under Pace, then what you really are saying is Pace needs to be fired. Because you have no confidence that he can ever draft talent in the 1st round. That is the issue.

Pace sucks but so do most GMs. The fact is most 1st round draft picks fail and an even smaller proportion ever attain what Mack has.

So whether it is Pace or another GM you take the known talent. We already have one playoff birth and we have 3 more years after this to win SB. We are still better off with Mack than trusting 2 unknown draft picks.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What the fuck are you even talking about? Did i somewhere say any player on our team is better than K.Mack? I'll help by telling you the answer is no so again.....WTF are you talking about. You said he's missed on numerour 1st and 2nd round picks that would mean that you said he's missed on numerous 2nd round picks but you can go ahead and dance around that one. R.Smith and L.Floyd are not busts at all. Floyd was drafted too high in the 1st round for what he's done but has still played like a 1st round pick. I know you're a stat chaser but the guy also plays the run well and covers well and that stuff counts too. I wish he had more sacks but he does get QB hits and pressures.

Hahaha i'm still laughing at how you somehow tried pulling a switcharoo on me and saying i said any of those guys were better than Mack but still can't see where i said that so can you please show me?

I know you're still mad about being so wrong about how you don't think ARob was a good signing but damn man.

I said he missed on numerous 1st and 2nd round picks. In English when you use "and" it means that you need to take both the word before and after and combine them.

So not sure how you interpret numerous 1st and 2nd round picks as just meaning 2nd round individually.

Floyd and Smith have not lived up to their draft status. Never said they were busts.

We have had 4 top 10 picks and we have yet to find a bonafide star yet. That is atrocious.

Finally my comment was in the context of having the 2 first rounders and my point is Pace's history early in the draft is underwhelming.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The Packers would be a worse team and the Bears would be a better team. We would have a first round pick next year and they wouldn’t. Why would we be upset?
Would the Bears be better? Our draft picks have gone down like a cup of hot sick.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I said he missed on numerous 1st and 2nd round picks. In English when you use "and" it means that you need to take both the word before and after and combine them.

So not sure how you interpret numerous 1st and 2nd round picks as just meaning 2nd round individually.

Floyd and Smith have not lived up to their draft status. Never said they were busts.

We have had 4 top 10 picks and we have yet to find a bonafide star yet. That is atrocious.

Finally my comment was in the context of having the 2 first rounders and my point is Pace's history early in the draft is underwhelming.

R.Smith is a bonafide starter and L.Floyd is a starter, just one that was drafted a little too high.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
R.Smith is a bonafide starter and L.Floyd is a starter, just one that was drafted a little too high.

Teams draft top 10 picks to be more than starters. They have underwhelmed. At this point I would not give Floyd a 2nd contract which is sad to say for a top 10 pick.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Pace sucks but so do most GMs. The fact is most 1st round draft picks fail and an even smaller proportion ever attain what Mack has.

So whether it is Pace or another GM you take the known talent. We already have one playoff birth and we have 3 more years after this to win SB. We are still better off with Mack than trusting 2 unknown draft picks.
If we had what you would consider a good GM, I doubt you would feel that way.

Again, how good a team is changes everything. A team that is one or two pieces away can afford to overpay (which you have to) to a star proven player. A team that is several pieces away shouldn't do that because you can't overpay for 5 players at once (unless you manipulated the cap for 3 years). The team that is multiple pieces away would by definition have accumulated multiple 1st round picks from being bad. Therefore, if they can draft well in the 1st rounds, you can get star players on their rookie deals and become a good team that way. That is the way I would WANT to become good. You need a good GM to do that. And if you feel that you are not confident in your GM that you need to trade multiple 1st round picks for a star player when you are not close to contending, then you need a new GM.

So, to summarize. I would not have traded for Mack knowing what I know now because I don't think we are close enough to superbowl now, or in the next 2 years with our current coach, QB and offensive line. And I don't think we would have had a chance at New Orleans last year with how Trubisky likely would have played. Let's get the QB position figured out next time, then we can worry about throwing away 1sts for star players.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If we had what you would consider a good GM, I doubt you would feel that way.

Again, how good a team is changes everything. A team that is one or two pieces away can afford to overpay (which you have to) to a star proven player. A team that is several pieces away shouldn't do that because you can't overpay for 5 players at once (unless you manipulated the cap for 3 years). The team that is multiple pieces away would by definition have accumulated multiple 1st round picks from being bad. Therefore, if they can draft well in the 1st rounds, you can get star players on their rookie deals and become a good team that way. That is the way I would WANT to become good. You need a good GM to do that. And if you feel that you are not confident in your GM that you need to trade multiple 1st round picks for a star player when you are not close to contending, then you need a new GM.

So, to summarize. I would not have traded for Mack knowing what I know now because I don't think we are close enough to superbowl now, or in the next 2 years with our current coach, QB and offensive line. And I don't think we would have had a chance at New Orleans last year with how Trubisky likely would have played. Let's get the QB position figured out next time, then we can worry about throwing away 1sts for star players.

No I would say the same thing. It was year 4. It was time to compete. Do you think rebuilds should take 6 or 7 years.

This is knee jerk reaction at its finest. Yall was slobbering over the team when they were 12-4 and now all of a sudden we aren't good enough?

I would much rather we won last year and have Mack than suffer through another non playoff season last year and this year just to draft guys that are unlikely to live up to Mack.

What is funny is when I was railing against taking things for granted last year and about how the Eagles game was such a wasted opportunity, guys like you were assuring me that we were a perennial contender and that we had a bright future.

The focus in this thread is misplaced. There is a thin line between winning and losing in the NFL and this team is still only one or 2 pieces away. Shit happens. Giving up now and assuming draft picks would make us better is quite short sighted and dumb.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
No I would say the same thing. It was year 4. It was time to compete. Do you think rebuilds should take 6 or 7 years.

This is knee jerk reaction at its finest. Yall was slobbering over the team when they were 12-4 and now all of a sudden we aren't good enough?

I would much rather we won last year and have Mack than suffer through another non playoff season last year and this year just to draft guys that are unlikely to live up to Mack.

What is funny is when I was railing against taking things for granted last year and about how the Eagles game was such a wasted opportunity, guys like you were assuring me that we were a perennial contender and that we had a bright future.

The focus in this thread is misplaced. There is a thin line between winning and losing in the NFL and this team is still only one or 2 pieces away. Shit happens. Giving up now and assuming draft picks would make us better is quite short sighted and dumb.
Actually, I was the one saying that I doubted we would win in New Orleans even last year after we lost to Philly. You were the one saying we would win.

At the time, yes. Entering year 4, it was a good trade. So I can't fault them for it. We are asked "knowing what we know now". It's a hypothetical argument.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
I think we are also forgetting that Fangio is no longer the DC, its Pagano. I know Pagano mentioned that he wouldn't change anything, but at least to me, its been very clear that we are NOT as aggressive as we were last year. Fangio ran all sorts of exotic blitzs with the LB's and our safety's. We are NOT doing that anymore. Pagano has us almost playing a version of the Tampa 2 via our 3-4 instead of a traditional 4-3 alignment.

Mack was in Beast Mode last year, Fact. BUT...don't overlook how throwing creative blitz's also forced a lot of teams to only give Mack 1:1 coverage. This year Mack is getting chipped or 2:1 coverage because we are basically only rushing 3 or 4 each play, the creativity and threat of the blitz is far less this year than last.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
You guys are looking at it from a biased point and I'm not sure why. You are mad at the side that contains the points of the other team and not the side that should be scoring OUR points. They have kept most teams to a minimal score and We have ZERO offense to counter that. Do you expect them to pitch shutouts for 60 minutes so we can be undefeated from FGs? We have one pro bowler out in Hicks and Mack is catching the extra just like Urlacher did when traylor went down. Those big guys in the middle suck up blockers so the speedster can wreak havoc. We have a poor scheme in secondary that let's opposing O bail out with those long third downs. That isn't on Mack watch the whole game. I agree more that Smith and Floyd let themselves get schemed out of play easy but that is another topic.