Madden 20 Ratings Are Out

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Trubisky seems to be regarded pretty consistently as the 20th-25th (in that ballpark) best QB in the league right now. Every time some publication, sportswriter, or video game expresses this opinion, we get posts like this that seem shocked that anyone could rate him so low.

At what point do we accept that's just what most fans and analysts who aren't Bears fans think? And maybe accept that Bears fans tend to be a tad biased?
I don’t think publications, sports writers, or video games watch bears games consistently enough for me to think their opinion is informed and intelligent. Should we just accept it with out question because people with a title say so?
Edit: people who actually watch tape on Trubisky like Kollmann acknowledge he’s a good QB. Are you going to say Winston and Mariota are good QBs?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t think publications, sports writers, or video games watch bears games consistently enough for me to think their opinion is informed and intelligent. Should we just accept it with out question because people with a title say so?

Yes, pretty much a consensus by professional sports analysts means nothing. For the real objective judgement of a QB, ask that team's fans. Good point.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Yes, pretty much a consensus by professional sports analysts means nothing. For the real objective judgement of a QB, ask that team's fans. Good point.
Or people who actually watch tape or who have worked in the business like Kollmann and Riddick.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
When did they rank him over all these QBs you listed?
Well Kollmann said Mitch was a good QB. Are you going to tell me Winston, Dalton, Mariota, Foles, and the others I previously listed are better than average QBs?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Trubisky seems to be regarded pretty consistently as the 20th-25th (in that ballpark) best QB in the league right now. Every time some publication, sportswriter, or video game expresses this opinion, we get posts like this that seem shocked that anyone could rate him so low.

At what point do we accept that's just what most fans and analysts who aren't Bears fans think? And maybe accept that Bears fans tend to be a tad biased?

Besides EA who has listed Trubisky in the 20's? We literally had a thread months back listing him as 15th. Please link examples, thanks

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well Kollmann said Mitch was a good QB. Are you going to tell me Winston, Dalton, Mariota, Foles, and the others I previously listed are better than average QBs?

He also said Mitch could be Trevor Lawrence's backup in a couple of years. I never heard him say Trubisky is above average. I honestly don't think I've ever heard anyone other than Bears fans say he's currently above average. He's very clearly not at this point in his career.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Madden also listed Burton with the same score as Hicks and the 4th best player on the team overall. That is laughable. He might be the worst starter on the team. These hold no merit. Arguing for or against them is worthless.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
He also said Mitch could be Trevor Lawrence's backup in a couple of years. I never heard him say Trubisky is above average. I honestly don't think I've ever heard anyone other Bears fans say he's currently above average. He's very clearly not at this point in his career.
Objective stats like passer rating and Rate+ would disagree with you but you prefer to form your opinions based on publications. Also since when is a good QB not above an average QB?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Besides EA who has listed Trubisky in the 20's? We literally had a thread months back listing him as 15th. Please link examples, thanks

Literally every time. The last one a couple of weeks ago had him in the 20s too. Chris Simms' list I think it was.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Literally every time. The last one a couple of weeks ago had him in the 20s too. Chris Simms' list I think it was.

Simms list was the one who had him 15

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Objective stats like passer rating and Rate+ would disagree with you but you prefer to form your opinions based on publications. Also since when is a good QB not above an average QB?

Since when is a backup not below an average one? I think you're reading a bit much into one word.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Since when is a backup not below an average one? I think you're reading a bit much into one word.
I mean he also said his floor was Alex smith and his ceiling was Steve young but what do I know I’m reading too much into one word.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I just googled and listed three. Not one in the 20's (Closest is 19)

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I mean he also said his floor was Alex smith and his ceiling was Steve young but what do I know I’m reading too much into one word.

Yes, you're cherry picking isolated phrases from a 7 minute long video, most of which was displaying how much better he needs to get at basic things.

You're becoming like the Remy of the Bears board. You'll argue this for pages into the dirt. None of it changes the fact that Trubisky is widely regarded as a bottom half starter and the third best of his draft class.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Yes, you're cherry picking isolated phrases from a 7 minute long video, most of which was displaying how much better he needs to get at basic things.

You're becoming like the Remy of the Bears board. You'll argue this for pages into the dirt. None of it changes the fact that Trubisky is widely regarded as a bottom half starter and the third best of his draft class.
What? He tweeted that. If you don’t actually know what you’re talking about try not to talk about it. You didn’t even watch the fucking video you’re talking about ?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What? He tweeted that. If you don’t actually know what you’re talking about try not to talk about it. You didn’t even watch the fucking video you’re talking about ?

I watched it as soon as that thread was posted.