Mahomes 4 TD's in the 2nd Quarter alone..... damn!!!

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
Reading over this thread again....need to address the draft day talk.

1. Reid is not the GM in KC, but Ried gets final personell say, including draft choices. KC has a GM, who does the day to day things a GM does and he has power to make roster moves, etc, but nothing happens without Ried signing off on it.

2. That said, on draft day 2017, Mahomes WAS the QB KC had identified. KC hadn't made a secret of it either....they had been scouting the guy for 2 years...heavily, had him in for a long visit...went to his workouts...AND when they had Watson in, it seemed pretty clear, they weren't as high on him...Furthermore...both KC and the Bills confirm that KC and Buffalo had their trade worked out 8 weeks prior to the draft if things "fell a certain way" for both teams. I can't say I know what the thinking was to get to 5. They may have thought the Jets could be in on Mahomes, or maybe they had heard after Trubisky was off the board that the Jets wouldn't go QB and KC was safe to move only up to 10....I can't say. It's also rumored that the Browns would have taken Mahomes at 12. It is a FACT that the Saints would have taken him at 11. Sean Payton said so after the draft.

3. Some of you understand what I say when I talk about Mahomes being a rare talent. Some of you think he is a product of a system that Alex Smith couldn't produce more than 26 TD in with the same weapons. Tyreek Hill is out, Mahomes still 1st in Yards, 1st in TD passes. over 71% completion pct. Kelce has 1 TD. You can't just look at a stat sheet and see what he does. He's other worldly.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Its a damn tragedy that we could have had this guy.

Mahomes would not be what he is if he landed on the Bears. He needed to be coached, just like Trubisky needed to be coached. That's part of why I was a huge advocate for Watson. He was easily the most polished and ready to play. That and he really proved to just be a gamer. Mahomes is fun to watch though. Hopefully this new, improved, Lamar Jackson is for real. These younger QBs are looking like they are going to be very entertaining.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
3. Some of you understand what I say when I talk about Mahomes being a rare talent. Some of you think he is a product of a system that Alex Smith couldn't produce more than 26 TD in with the same weapons. Tyreek Hill is out, Mahomes still 1st in Yards, 1st in TD passes. over 71% completion pct. Kelce has 1 TD. You can't just look at a stat sheet and see what he does. He's other worldly.

He's certainly a rare talent, but you are crazy if you think he would've succeeded anywhere he went without a system built for him and a coach that understands how to coach up a young QB. It's a very short list that can turn his raw talent into the performance on the field. I hope KC wins it all (if the Bears are out of course), just because I don't think there's a coach more deserving of a title than Reid.

mecha

Liked Posts:
He's certainly a rare talent, but you are crazy if you think he would've succeeded anywhere he went without a system built for him and a coach that understands how to coach up a young QB. It's a very short list that can turn his raw talent into the performance on the field. I hope KC wins it all (if the Bears are out of course), just because I don't think there's a coach more deserving of a title than Reid.

yeah, didn't I say the Andy Reid brain trust? Nagy's good but he himself needs his own polish. pairing young QB and young coach isn't going to get you the same results as a physical monster and a guy that's worked with some great players for the last 30 years.

it doesn't help the Bears offense had to come out the gate with a lot of rust, I'm not saying Trubisky and those guys will be All-Pro but I have to believe they'll get better. temper your expectations though, people and drop the penis envy thing. had to see people gush over Rodgers for what feels like an eternity.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your logic doesn’t make any sense. The Chiefs had a trade worked out with Tennessee to move up to #5. The Bears select Trubisky and the Chiefs pull the trade offer. If you are already set at drafting Mahomes at why pull the offer after Trubisky gets drafted. If anything, you would have an even greater incentive in drafting Mahomes at #5 in this scenario because of the threat of a run of QB’s.

The Chiefs have the #5, they are now pretty much guaranteed in drafting Mahomes, the qb of their dreams who they scouted for 2 years. The game changer of the franchise. But then Trubisky gets drafted and they decide to relinquish the pick and roll the dice that their QB will now slide further down in the draft??? That’s not how it works. Common sense says they lucked into the Mahomes pick.