Mahomes overrated and Trubisky will outperform him next season

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The ability to single handedly put the team on his back.

Can't read defenses, holds onto the ball too long, not instinctive and folds in the fourth quarter.

Can't hit the 9 yard pass on 3rd and 7.

1) On various occasions last season JF was responsible putting up 2-4 Td's per game. And the D squandered the effort.

2) JF had more Td's and less ints in yr 2. JF's ability to read D improved from yr1 to yr2 more Td's and less ints is a sign of reading D

3) "Can't hit the 9 yard pass"......that's a generalization without stats. How often were these types of passes called ?
How often was JF under duress while trying to find a wr?

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
1) On various occasions last season JF was responsible putting up 2-4 Td's per game. And the D squandered the effort.

2) JF had more Td's and less ints in yr 2. JF's ability to read D improved from yr1 to yr2 more Td's and less ints is a sign of reading D

3) "Can't hit the 9 yard pass"......that's a generalization without stats. How often were these types of passes called ?
Various occasions? Dude you have built Justin Fields up into something he absolutely is not.

You're enamored with his YouTube highlights and are completely ignoring the glaring inconsistency in the passing game.

It's already been pointed out by me via PFF that Justin Fields was the least productive QB in the NFL when he had a least one WR open and full protection from the offensive line. So when he got what he needed he still was the least productive QB.

Did he have WR issues? Yes did he have offensive line issues? Yes.

But everyone else did as well.

So when they measured each QB that had at least one WR open and full protection within that metric, he was still the worst.

So all things being right a WR open and full protection he was still THE WORST.

That's what my eyeballs told me even before the metric from PFF.

He's going to have to overcome a lot to even be average. My guess is you'll be happy with average and then him running the ball until his hamstrings give out again.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Various occasions? Dude you have built Justin Fields up into something he absolutely is not.

You're enamored with his YouTube highlights and are completely ignoring the glaring inconsistency in the passing game.

It's already been pointed out by me via PFF that Justin Fields was the least productive QB in the NFL when he had a least one WR open and full protection from the offensive line. So when he got what he needed he still was the least productive QB.

Did he have WR issues? Yes did he have offensive line issues? Yes.

But everyone else did as well.

So when they measured each QB that had at least one WR open and full protection within that metric, he was still the worst.

That's what my eyeballs told me even before the metric from PFF.

He's going to have to overcome a lot to even be average. My guess is you'll be happy with average and then him running the ball until his hamstrings give out again.

Did he have WR issues? Yes did he have offensive line issues? Yes. But everyone else did as well.
Ok.....I no idea where yer going with that "BUT" statement. If "everyone else did as well" and had the issues the Bears
had then only OLinemen and Wr's would've been taken in the first round by 32 NFL teams.

In reference to u denouncing JF's impact. Go back to link #131 "There were 7 games where the offense, under JF, put up 3-4 Td's and the defense couldn't hold the score down." In link #126 No the D didn't get better.

JF had no choice but to run around once the pocket collapsed. Plus Getsy was calling Qb designed runs, I don't need PFF. I know what to look for in the game....especially on offense.

Right so why did we draft an OT in the first round??

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ok.....I no idea where yer going with that "BUT" statement. If "everyone else did as well" and had the issues the Bears
had then only OLinemen and Wr's would've been taken in the first round by 32 NFL teams.

In reference to u denouncing JF's impact. Go back to link #131 "There were 7 games where the offense, under JF, put up 3-4 Td's and the defense couldn't hold the score down." In link #126 No the D didn't get better.

JF had no choice but to run around once the pocket collapsed. Plus Getsy was calling Qb designed runs, I don't need PFF. I know what to look for in the game....especially on offense.

Because the QBs available were worse than Justin Fields was coming out. It was really that simple.

2024 well that's a completely different class.

Drake Maye or bust.

I mean I don't expect anyone else on this board has a higher expectation for a QB than I do. The Chiefs lost their best WR started 10 rookies and won the Super Bowl.

Should Fields be Mahomes? No

But he should be better than the worst QB in the league.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
DanielCCSBears said:

Did he have WR issues? Yes did he have offensive line issues? Yes. But everyone else did as well.

DanielCCSBears said:

Because the QBs available were worse than Justin Fields was coming out. It was really that simple.

2024 well that's a completely different class.

Drake Maye or bust.

I mean I don't expect anyone else on this board has a higher expectation for a QB than I do. The Chiefs lost their best WR started 10 rookies and won the Super Bowl.

Should Fields be Mahomes? No

But he should be better than the worst QB in the league.
Please stop the strawman Chiefs references. They have one of the best Qb developers in the NFL

Sigh......produce a concrete source that says the Bears were looking for a Qb or will be looking for a Qb.
JF improved from yr1 to yr 2. That doesn't fit you personal narrative. I get it

I noticed u side-stepped the info below

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Does Trubisky have a younger brother?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Maybe because you tend to following it up with the nullifying conjunction "BUT". You then go into the way u really feel
Case in point..........

Link #108

I don't care what Justin Fields did to keep us in games.
-
DanielCCSBears
@DanielCCSBears constantly runs his mouth with shit takes, is overly negative and just plain ignorant. Don't know why you initiate contact with him....

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Maybe because you tend to following it up with the nullifying conjunction "BUT". You then go into the way u really feel
Case in point..........

Link #108

I don't care what Justin Fields did to keep us in games.
-
DanielCCSBears
Yes I don't care what he did to keep the Bears in games because they ultimately lost those games and since so many of those games were close games that the Bears lost by a TD or less it's primarily on the offense for the failure last season.

The offense had more talent to work with than the defense and were less productive on offense with more talent.

Add to it the fact that the Bears scored 24 points or less in 13 of their 17 games and it all points to the offense.

Everyone got excited a four game stretch in which the offense scored 29 points or more as if that was some sort of major breakthrough.

The problem is teams adjusted to what made the offense productive and that was Justin Fields' legs. That's it that was the entire offense for four games and then they reverted right back to the same old Bears.

Justin Fields growth as a passer was minimal from year one to year two year. He was historically bad and upgraded to just plain brutal as was already covered in another thread sourced by Football Outsiders.

The offense was 32nd in the NFL and somehow you're proud of that "growth" amazing.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes I don't care what he did to keep the Bears in games because they ultimately lost those games and since so many of those games were close games that the Bears lost by a TD or less it's primarily on the offense for the failure last season.

The offense had more talent to work with than the defense and were less productive on offense with more talent.

Add to it the fact that the Bears scored 24 points or less in 13 of their 17 games and it all points to the offense.

Everyone got excited a four game stretch in which the offense scored 29 points or more as if that was some sort of major breakthrough.

The problem is teams adjusted to what made the offense productive and that was Justin Fields' legs. That's it that was the entire offense for four games and then they reverted right back to the same old Bears.

Justin Fields growth as a passer was minimal from year one to year two year. He was historically bad and upgraded to just plain brutal as was already covered in another thread sourced by Football Outsiders.

The offense was 32nd in the NFL and somehow you're proud of that "growth" amazing.
They had the 32nd ranked point defense in the NFL you absolute moron.
23rd ranked point offense btw

This is why Sigler owns your candy ass, sweaty boy
Screenshot 2022-11-22 001751.jpg

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

" The defense got better as the game went on and the offense got worse." #108
-said DanielCCSBears

In link#108 I see you dodged how ineffective the defense played, with regards to holding down the scoring, once we were ahead. I'll be back later to unpack some of the other stuff u said here.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
-said DanielCCSBears

In link#108 I see you dodged how ineffective the defense played, with regards to holding down the scoring, once we were ahead. I'll be back later to unpack some of the other stuff u said here.
Holding down the scoring in 13 game in which the offense scored less than 24 points?

With that talent were they supposed to keep teams at 23 points a game or less? What do you expect from the defense?

How much further of a hole do you want to dig for yourself?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
-said DanielCCSBears

Holding down the scoring in 13 game in which the offense scored less than 24 points?

With that talent were they supposed to keep teams at 23 points a game or less? What do you expect from the defense?

How much further of a hole do you want to dig for yourself?

-said DanielCCSBears

Bears Defense....
Points Against: 463 (27.2/g) 32nd of 32