Marc Crawford

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marc Crawford is being accused by former players, including retired GREATS Sean Avery and Daniel “Carbomb” Carcillo of beating the CHIT out of and berating players. Hawks are batting a thousand recently. First they hire a RACIST to coach their AHL affiliate and now they hire an assistant coach who physically and emotionally abuses his players. I dread what’s next.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The pussification of America, now the pussification of the NHL.

I guess Crawford is not going to step in to replace JC.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Welp... babcock is still available right? Wonder if he has a sex tape coming out or something...

DoubleCHEEEEZE

Liked Posts:
Brent Sopel is another major accuser. It doesn't look good for Marc Crawford, and everyone already knows about the Bertuzzi/Moore incident. I don't blame him as much for that if all he said was "Make him pay the price"

Granada

Liked Posts:
This is so fucking stupid. Even Avery said he found it more funny than anything, and is speaking in defense of Crawford. Gotta love it when random strangers are more offended than the actual "victim."

Just so there's context here: Avery told the story of how Crawford kicked him in the ass after he took a too-many-men penalty while on the bench. Gasp!

Bill Peters is a separate issue, but that's what people do in this PC society: they conflate to the point where, every case is the same and there are zero degrees.

Cue the "boomer" comments. (and no, I'm not a boomer).

Last edited:

Granada

Liked Posts:
Fan of the businessman president, but doesn’t understand the business decision his favorite NHL team made.

Checks out.

:ROFLMAO: I'm a lifelong Democrat. 0 for 2, snowflake.

By the way, it isn't PC to label people -- you better be careful before you get your own panties in an even bigger twist.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
This is so fucking stupid. Even Avery said he found it more funny than anything, and is speaking in defense of Crawford. Gotta love it when random strangers are more offended than the actual "victim."

Just so there's context here: Avery told the story of how Crawford kicked him in the ass after he took a too-many-men penalty while on the bench. Gasp!

Bill Peters is a separate issue, but that's what people do in this PC society: they conflate to the point where, every case is the same and there are zero degrees.

Cue the "boomer" comments. (and no, I'm not a boomer).
Except it's many more people than just Avery, I've seen at least 3 other names come out accusing him of being abusive.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Except it's many more people than just Avery, I've seen at least 3 other names come out accusing him of being abusive.

Sopel's resurfaced interview from 2018 and Patrick O'Sullivan confirming being kicked on the bench were the players I've seen. Are there more?

If you're going to fire any coach who has ever done similar things in his past, you'd probably have to fire 90% of the coaches currently in the league.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

But one of them is fucking car bomb. Come on already. The man who had a career because he would play dirty hockey (well, until he got here and decided to be a finesse player) whining about an abusive coach?

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The notion that a coach at any level of any sport in any era should punch or kick his players (regardless of their pedigree in the sport) is absurd. Save the "snowflake / PC" nonsense; it was wrong when Woody Hayes did it, and it's wrong now.

Granada

Liked Posts:
The notion that a coach at any level of any sport in any era should punch or kick his players (regardless of their pedigree in the sport) is absurd. Save the "snowflake / PC" nonsense; it was wrong when Woody Hayes did it, and it's wrong now.

I'd say there is a difference between kicking a guy in the ass who is wearing padded hockey pants and punching someone in the face. To label that "assault" is what's absurd.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd say there is a difference between kicking a guy in the ass who is wearing padded hockey pants and punching someone in the face. To label that "assault" is what's absurd.
I'd want clarification on "left a mark": If the mark was just a dirt mark/wet spot from Crawford's shoe on his pants, then it was likely a "hey, get your head and ass wired together!" moment. Nothing to see there.

If Crawford managed to actually bruise Avery through padded hockey pants, then it's not a lovetap, he was trying to kick a drop goal with him--and that's wrong.

We'll likely never know.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I'd want clarification on "left a mark": If the mark was just a dirt mark/wet spot from Crawford's shoe on his pants, then it was likely a "hey, get your head and ass wired together!" moment. Nothing to see there.

If Crawford managed to actually bruise Avery through padded hockey pants, then it's not a lovetap, he was trying to kick a drop goal with him--and that's wrong.

We'll likely never know.

That's fair, but I also wonder if Avery was embellishing that aspect or not. I mean, this occurred on a hockey bench. It's not like there's a lot of room back there.

I saw something briefly about Babcock now being in hot water for "emotional abuse." I guess Q should have been fired ages ago for all the times he regularly berated Bickell -- and remember, that was a guy who would eventually be diagnosed with MS. Where's all the outrage at Q here?