Marian Hossa Hall of Fame Eligible this year

Granada

Liked Posts:
So it's Hossa's first year of eligibility for the Hockey Hall of Fame -- this should be an utter no-brainer. I will be furious if he isn't inducted.

Jeremy Roenick is up for the ninth time -- like I've said before, I loved JR as a player (he's the reason I became a hockey fan). I'd love to see him get in, and I'd argue that even though he never won a Cup, he should be in -- but I won't be surprised if he's not. I know he never won a Cup or a gold medal, but 500 goals scored and his overall point total should be enough.

https://www.nhl.com/news/iginla-hossa-mogilny-hall-of-fame-2020-possibilities/c-311356062

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
3guulm.jpg

@Tater

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
How can Hossa be inducted into the hall of fame when his contract does not expire for two more seasons?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How can Hossa be inducted into the hall of fame when his contract does not expire for two more seasons?

Supposedly because it's clear he won't play again.

"Marian Hossa
Eligibility: First year

Hossa was a three-time Stanley Cup champion with the Chicago Blackhawks (2010, 2013, 2015). He also reached the Stanley Cup Final with the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2008 and the Detroit Red Wings in 2009. He is the only player to appear in the Cup Final in three straight seasons with three different teams. Hossa, whose career was cut short because of a skin condition, finished with 1,134 points (525 goals, 609 assists) in 1,309 games. He was an eight-time 30-goal scorer, including a three-time 40-goal scorer. He is 35th all-time in goals, tied for 45th in plus/minus (plus-245) with Hall of Famer Clark Gillies and tied for 27th in game-winning goals (85) with Hall of Famer Glenn Anderson."

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeremy Roenick is up for the ninth time -- like I've said before, I loved JR as a player (he's the reason I became a hockey fan). I'd love to see him get in, and I'd argue that even though he never won a Cup, he should be in -- but I won't be surprised if he's not. I know he never won a Cup or a gold medal, but 500 goals scored and his overall point total should be enough.

https://www.nhl.com/news/iginla-hossa-mogilny-hall-of-fame-2020-possibilities/c-311356062
After mikita, hull, kane, toews, savard, ...Id say he's the next best forward the Hawks have had. larmer after roenick. He should be in the HOF.