1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Let's hope this lights a fire under Comcast's corporate asses, eh? Seeing as how they've been in reactive and not proactive mode for the past 18 months or so, as their TV service customer base has taken a sharp dive. This is the kind of thing they were likely waiting for, in order to react to what another player on the board did, as opposed to being proactive and leading the field.

Which is why their TV service customer base is shrinking at an alarming rate. IMHO.

-Doug

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
But its not free with your subscription is it? They will be charging per month for it.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
But its not free with your subscription is it? They will be charging per month for it.

Believe it's included in the Hulu subscription. I could be wrong tho.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why is this something to be happy about? Isn't HULU like $50 a month? I'm not paying a dime and I will see any Cub game I want to see. At the moment....I'm getting every show on Disney, CBS All Access, HBO, Amazon, Netflix and more, all in 720 or1080 with a few in 4K. All it's costing me is an initial, one time purchase of about $75 and a decent internet provider. Marquee won't be any different. If....for some reason, they are able to block this....fuck em. I just won't watch, it didn't bother me during the strike and it won't bother me now. MLB/Cubs is making a huge mistake thinking that baseball is like NFL football....it's summer....nice weather with plenty of other things to do. I would love to see this blow up in their face.

PeterG

Da Coach.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Having it on Comcast would be nice..

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let's hope this lights a fire under Comcast's corporate asses, eh? Seeing as how they've been in reactive and not proactive mode for the past 18 months or so, as their TV service customer base has taken a sharp dive. This is the kind of thing they were likely waiting for, in order to react to what another player on the board did, as opposed to being proactive and leading the field.

Which is why their TV service customer base is shrinking at an alarming rate. IMHO.

-Doug

The Cord Cutting Movement is very real. The alarming rate you speak of is mind boggling....it's in the millions and growing. The one thing they do have going for them is their outstanding internet service which is the life blood of any streamer (cord cutter). That's the one thing they can control. Right now their bandwidth allotment is pretty generous....like a terabyte. You wonder how long that will last.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
The Cord Cutting Movement is very real. The alarming rate you speak of is mind boggling....it's in the millions and growing. The one thing they do have going for them is their outstanding internet service which is the life blood of any streamer (cord cutter). That's the one thing they can control. Right now their bandwidth allotment is pretty generous....like a terabyte. You wonder how long that will last.

Agreed. And as far as being the premiere internet provider... well, that's until Eon Musk gets his Starlink satellites in place, and you can get the same or better internet via his satellite system. With no cords at all. Anywhere.

We'll see what happens on that front. I get the personal feeling Comcast may end up reeling a bit over the next 18 to 24 months. We'll see.

-Doug

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreed. And as far as being the premiere internet provider... well, that's until Eon Musk gets his Starlink satellites in place, and you can get the same or better internet via his satellite system. With no cords at all. Anywhere.

We'll see what happens on that front. I get the personal feeling Comcast may end up reeling a bit over the next 18 to 24 months. We'll see.

-Doug

Can you imagine how much that service will be? How much does it cost to launch one satellite into space and make it orbital? He needs to put thousands of them up there. You're right, we'll see.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Cut the cord folks. I went to ATT Now a year ago. It’s been great. Easy as heck to do. No damn cable box and saved a hundred buck a month. ATT Now doesn’t have NFL network yet, but Amazon Prime streamed most of Thursday Night games so no big deal.
Hulu Live is even cheaper and folks I know have no complaints. Biggest no brainer on the planet.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Cut the cord folks. I went to ATT Now a year ago. It’s been great. Easy as heck to do. No damn cable box and saved a hundred buck a month. ATT Now doesn’t have NFL network yet, but Amazon Prime streamed most of Thursday Night games so no big deal.
Hulu Live is even cheaper and folks I know have no complaints. Biggest no brainer on the planet.
Cut the cord, but dont forget, you need an internet provider to get Hulu. It does not just show up on your TV.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Yep, and for right now, Comcast does have the best internet in the areas they service.

Again, though, Starlink is supposed to be at equivalent pricing, and will be available generally in about two years. We'll see what happens then...

-Doug

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Cut the cord, but dont forget, you need an internet provider to get Hulu. It does not just show up on your TV.
You are correct. My bad for not pointing that out to you folks that are still trotting down to the local library or using your parents unlimited cell data plans to grace us on this Internet forum.
And if you are still using AOL dial up type internet speeds, you may need to even spend an extra $10 /month to upgrade the internet you likely already have. The horror.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
You are correct. My bad for not pointing that out to you folks that are still trotting down to the local library or using your parents unlimited cell data plans to grace us on this Internet forum.
And if you are still using AOL dial up type internet speeds, you may need to even spend an extra $10 /month to upgrade the internet you likely already have. The horror.

You sound like one of those people who have a 70 something inch tv on a wall and watch your 5 inch cell phone all the time.