Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Gosh....all this heart breaking news. Fanatical fans missing a bunch of games that don't mean shit and for the most part feature minor league players....just gut wrenching.

so when Comcast doesn’t have it for regular season, then what? The regular season games don’t matter?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gosh....all this heart breaking news. Fanatical fans missing a bunch of games that don't mean shit and for the most part feature minor league players....just gut wrenching.
I'll look in on a pre-season game occasionally to see a prospect, but I can't stay interested for more than an inning.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
so when Comcast doesn’t have it for regular season, then what? The regular season games don’t matter?

Exactly where in my post does it say regular season? And even if that came about( it won't btw)....I will still see any game I care to watch, which certainly won't be ST games. Any fans having hot flashes over those games are nuts.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly where in my post does it say regular season? And even if that came about( it won't btw)....I will still see any game I care to watch, which certainly won't be ST games. Any fans having hot flashes over those games are nuts.

never said you did say regular season. You’re taking about people being frustrated with spring training game that don’t mean anything. And I’m asking you what is going to happen for us who don’t get the channel when it begins. That’s all.

i mean ya I’ll probably stream too. But that’s not as easy for everyone else.

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
i just tuned in via mlbtv and they have some billy williams narrating an intro w/ drops from the players and other cubs legends.

going to check out the broadcast if it's any different than WGNs during the game.

first impressions : the mic icons are horrendous. maybe i'll get use to them. red 'MARQUEE'.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
As I've noted, Marquee was dealing from a position of strength with other providers, as adding the Cubs games will make a large difference to smaller systems' subscriber base that will automatically pay for the expense of adding it. But not true for Comcast, who are not going to get any kind of subscriber bump from adding Marquee. So, in this negotiation, Comcast is negotiating from a position of strength, and has the ability to wait out Marquee until the numbers are favorable to Comcast.

That's why there is no deal yet -- Marquee may understand this fact, but doesn't want to admit it and is insisting on trying to pressure Comcast with an influence they don't possess. So, in other words, this will get done once Marquee comes off of its current position and is willing to compromise.

-New Doug
It is not so much about a bump in new subscribers as it is about slowing the exodus of existing subscribers.

The last battle line cable companies gave against Cord cutting is live sports. Without that, they’re losing customers in droves.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You equate someone saying spring training games don’t matter with them implying reg season games don’t matter?
That’s a pretty crazy leap.
ST games don’t. That’s pretty well understood. Ratings for ST vs Reg season aren’t comparable.

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
Something just depresses me
About this team. Don’t know why. Usually excited
Baseball is starting up. But this cubs team / offseason / marquee just makes me feel
Sick.

hwkn

Liked Posts:
If you can't see the games on Comcast you can stream the games on reddit btw.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You equate someone saying spring training games don’t matter with them implying reg season games don’t matter?
That’s a pretty crazy leap.
ST games don’t. That’s pretty well understood. Ratings for ST vs Reg season aren’t comparable.

In terms of viewing.

My point was, he said these games don't matter and we essentially shouldn't be mad about no Marquee Network on Comcast. That's how I understood it. So I was saying well, when the regular season hits will it matter? That's my point. This is going to drag into the regular season and a lot of fans won't be able to watch the games. That's all.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In case anyone wants to watch.I'll do my best to post streams in here for everyone. Hopefully we wont have to do this in the regular season.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Something just depresses me
About this team. Don’t know why. Usually excited
Baseball is starting up. But this cubs team / offseason / marquee just makes me feel
Sick.
Seeing Mark Grace in the booth and hearing nothing but talk about Mark Grace’s playing days depresses me.

It is already annoying and it’s his first inning.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
In terms of viewing.

My point was, he said these games don't matter and we essentially shouldn't be mad about no Marquee Network on Comcast. That's how I understood it. So I was saying well, when the regular season hits will it matter? That's my point. This is going to drag into the regular season and a lot of fans won't be able to watch the games. That's all.
Didn’t you just repeat the same thing? implying that someone thinks a regular season doesn’t matter simply because they said spring training doesn’t matter?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn’t you just repeat the same thing? implying that someone thinks a regular season doesn’t matter simply because they said spring training doesn’t matter?
I was responding to his comment about fans being mad we can't watch the network right now because I took it as sort of mocking those fans. So I was simply asking what will happen if Comcast doesn't have it in the regular season.

It was a question.

Whatever it's over. Nothing we can do about it not being on Comcast.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Pretty much.....

First, I didn't say ST didn't matter....I said it didn't mean shit. It doesn't, there are tie games in ST for God's sake. I guess it matters to the 12th pitcher or 25th or 26th man going north, not much else. Does anyone actually give a fuck who has the best record in Arizona? As far as Comcast....they are not stupid. They know very few people will be watching these games so there's no need to rush things. They won't be catching the grief for it, the Cubs will. The pressure is on them. It's just business. The playing field will level out the closer they get to opening day......

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
If you can't see the games on Comcast you can stream the games on reddit btw.

i'll get it on mlb.tv but that stream stuff is sort of complicated to many. most of us just want to come home, sit on the couch, and turn on the tv to watch the cubs. that's it. I dont want to come home, go on the internet to see where i can find a stream on reddit, ,then find a way to put that stream on my tv, etc...etc.....

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
Seeing Mark Grace in the booth and hearing nothing but talk about Mark Grace’s playing days depresses me.

It is already annoying and it’s his first inning.

now we know why the Cubs banished Grace. I agree w/ you, so damn annoying. maybe he's too over excited. but something tells me after they break camp in Arizona, we won't be seeing much of Grace any longer.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
i'll get it on mlb.tv but that stream stuff is sort of complicated to many. most of us just want to come home, sit on the couch, and turn on the tv to watch the cubs. that's it. I dont want to come home, go on the internet to see where i can find a stream on reddit, ,then find a way to put that stream on my tv, etc...etc.....
Why? You arent excited about this season.