Marquee Sports Network

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
Why? You arent excited about this season.

dont see much hope for this years cubs mainly because of doing nothing this offseason and they will probably trade away Bryant. They already admitted they need to cut salary. I dont know if this is even a .500 team this year.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
dont see much hope for this years cubs mainly because of doing nothing this offseason and they will probably trade away Bryant. They already admitted they need to cut salary. I dont know if this is even a .500 team this year.
I dont know who you are listening to, all the higher ups say they have a budget. To me they want to keep their players not have more bust free agents being brought in here. Keeping what we have they will always be around 200.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:

I dunno, Pecota has them at about 85 wins (84.6 or something like that), finishing second by about a half game in a very weak NL Central to the Reds, who are the only team in the division who really took steps to improve over the off-season. Yeah, that's not that much better than a .500 club, but we all know that a lot of random factors impact season results. Not only your own team's health, but that of the rest of the division's teams.

If the Cubs are supposed to be the second-best team, on paper, in the division, and we have players like Bryant and Schwarber who historically play well in the Reds' home park... and if you believe Pecota, it seems that the Cubs have a good shot at pushing for a division title.

Any farther into October, then you might have a very good point. You gotta play better than .500 to win in the playoffs, LOL.

-New Doug

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Why would anybody pay to watch baseball on television?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I watched an inning or two when I was picking up food last night. It seemed like a Ricketts love fest.

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:
I watched an inning or two when I was picking up food last night. It seemed like a Ricketts love fest.
they replayed it last night on mlb network and i sort of was more tuned in. But ya, Mark Grace sounded like a drunk and it just came off real bad.

I'm wondering if the team sucks if they are allowed to call out the teams deficiencies on Marquee? I remember under WGN Kasper was hired to be a company man and he was.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Still havent heard if structure will include a price increase to the consumers

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Attention Dish and Sling customers! You have lost your Blackhawks games on NBC Sports Chicago. To switch providers, visit mysportschicago.com.

Guess these are getting Marquis.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Still havent heard if structure will include a price increase to the consumers

But that is the worst part of it for me, send me an email, will you pay an extra 5.99 a month for Marquis? Sure, add it to my bill. But they feel they have to make the decisions for us and then we just sit and watch something else we might want to be taken away. Look at Motortrend, the reason I pay for a higher package. New overhaulin shows, only on the app.

What is really happening?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tommy boy must be having fits, the opener is soooooo close and no announcement. Sports fans are starved for product and he's still stuck in a negotiating stare down or...

Last edited:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Xfinity is just showing who it is, the big bully of the block. Why start paying until there is meaningful content when they are going to be paying all winter for nothing anyway.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tommy boy must be having fits, the opener is soooooo close and no announcement. Sports fans are starved for product and he's still stuck in a negotiating stare down or...

The only thing you need Xfinity for is their broadband, which is quite good. Drop everything else and invest in a good IPTV (Internet Protocal Television). I found one that has all the locals including NBC Sports Chicago plus about 1500 other channels. Ok, I agree it's overkill but you put only the channels you watch in one place(I have about 75 in mine) and the quality is extremely good....maybe not quite as good as Xfinity but it's damn close. Also has about 10,000 movies instantly available and all TV shows from all networks which are shown 24 hours after they're broadcast....and that includes Disney, CBS All Access, YouTube TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime and probably a few that I can't think of. Cost? $15 a month. Oh, the Marquis Network is in there as well along with all NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB games. PM me and I'll direct you where to go if you're interested.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Months have passed and still no Comcast deal..

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
I paid mlb package online. I havent seen a thing about refunds

I got an email on 7/7 from MLB, mentioning the new 60 game season and telling me the new price is $45.18, and I can get a $76.81 credit applied towards next year, or refunded. If I do nothing, they will credit me applied towards next year. If I want a refund, I have to talk to them.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I got an email on 7/7 from MLB, mentioning the new 60 game season and telling me the new price is $45.18, and I can get a $76.81 credit applied towards next year, or refunded. If I do nothing, they will credit me applied towards next year. If I want a refund, I have to talk to them.
Hmm. Have to search my email

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1. Hendriks looks great, looks like he could go deep into a game right now.
2. Wrigley looks weird without fans.
3. Is that a real MLB umpire? If he is, he's doing a good job. If not...MLB should hire him, he's better than anything they got.