Mason Fine QB North Texas

fridges fatboys

Liked Posts:
Check out his highlight real. He is only 5"10, but has a quick release and makes plays like Russel Wilson. He is playing in the East West Shrine game today in about 15 mins. Gets the ball out of his hands really quick and is accurate. Hard to tell if on his highlights if he is reading the defense or not since he gets the ball out so quickly. Looks like he has great touch on the deep ball. Could be a late round steal.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Check out his highlight real. He is only 5"10, but has a quick release and makes plays like Russel Wilson. He is playing in the East West Shrine game today in about 15 mins. Gets the ball out of his hands really quick and is accurate. Hard to tell if on his highlights if he is reading the defense or not since he gets the ball out so quickly. Looks like he has great touch on the deep ball. Could be a late round steal.

More likely a mid-round bust

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
5"10....umm no thanks!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I really like Anthony Gordon from Washington State. He has a gunslinger mentality and can hit throws consistently at all three levels. He has above average mobility and moves around well in the pocket. This guy could develop into a big time player with the solid coaching. The Bears’ new QB coach just worked with his predecessor at WSU in Minshew with positive results in Jacksonville.

I believe he’s a better athlete than Minshew and has a better arm. He plays a bit like Pat Mahomes light. He throws a number of balls accurately from different arm angles and can successfully go off script to make plays. He has a strong arm but nowhere near the canon that Mahomes possesses. He’s extremely aggressive in the red zone and drives the ball into tight windows accurately. He has a high ceiling.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I really like Anthony Gordon from Washington State. He has a gunslinger mentality and can hit throws consistently at all three levels. He has above average mobility and moves around well in the pocket. This guy could develop into a big time player with the solid coaching. The Bears’ new QB coach just worked with his predecessor at WSU in Minshew with positive results in Jacksonville.

I believe he’s a better athlete than Minshew and has a better arm. He plays a bit like Pat Mahomes light. He throws a number of balls accurately from different arm angles and can successfully go off script to make plays. He has a strong arm but nowhere near the canon that Mahomes possesses. He’s extremely aggressive in the red zone and drives the ball into tight windows accurately. He has a high ceiling.

A lot of people shy away from Air Raid QBs, because that offense just isn't translatable to the NFL. But this isn't 1999 any more where you can run an extremely effective passing offense by scheming open 1 easy read. Air raid QBs are reading the field now. There are still the easy 1-read throws, but i've seen Gordon read the field plenty of times. And most importantly, he's thrown the ball a ton. Sure he only started 13 games in college, same as Trubisky. But he threw the ball 689 times in that 1 season, compared to Trubisky's 447 in his 13 starts, and 572 total including his 18 games off the bench. The more you've thrown, the more you've seen coverage wise. I think he's a guy that with a full camp and about 1/2 a season with a clipboard could be put on the field in the 2nd half of the season and not be overwhelmed. Long-term, he may not ever be more than a backup. But he does have starter upside.