Matt Nagy-Bad OC but good Head Coach?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've seen this idea on Twitter and multiple times on our beloved CCS. The idea that Nagy is a poor play caller and OC but is a good/great Head Coach. Excuse me, but what the fuck are some of you smoking?

A good/great Head Coach should do multiple, wonderous things. Nagy...doesn't check those boxes for me. He is terrible at calling plays and gets way too high on his own supply. He's terrible at clock management which I believe is a cardinal sin for any wanna be HC. He's also terrible at watching and observing the details his own position coaches are focusing on. See the recent articles about Nagy not pay attention to Mitch's mechanics.

In summation, wtf are the reasons so many of you think he should simply relinquish play calling duties and be a Head Coach? What are you seeing that I clearly don't? Is Club Dub and "boom" really that important?

Trayhezy

Liked Posts:
I personally don't see Nagy as a good he head coach.

Most NFL coaches, especially good ones are obsessed with the smallest details.

Nagy, Doesn't seem to be concerned.

Not playing Mitch in the preseason...
Not running the ball enough to balance his offense...
Not paying attention to his starting quarterbacks mechanics...
Not getting to London early...
Not getting his kicker closer or onthe proper hash mark..

There are many orher examples of what seems like him not bothering with the details that are often the difference in your team's performance

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
C. None of the above.

NFL figured him out in about 6 games. Time will tell if he can reinvent his system.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
C. None of the above.

NFL figured him out in about 6 games. Time will tell if he can reinvent his system.
To me, the idea of Nagy even having a "system" is laughable. His system is literally all smoke and mirrors. Motherfucker can't even manage a clock.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
He is a boob.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think he's a good hype guy. A good "player's coach". I thought he was a good head coach, but the last few games have opened my eyes. I feel like he's shitting his pants, and this team is losing BECAUSE of him.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
My 10 year old nephew was asking why the Bears didn't try to get closer before trying that kick.

He also asked why the Bears keep throwing screen passes. His logic was if a screen is supposed to fool a defense then why keep running it?

If a 10 year old can call him out on his shit then Nagy is not a good head coach.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He's just a "rah-rah" type of coach and his act is wearing thin. Time for him to put up or shut up. Problem is, he'll lose the team entirely this Sunday once the Eagles & JHow/Alshon destroy them. Sunday will not be pretty. Been saying that since before the season and it's going to be worse than I originally thought

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Matt Nagy metaphorically lives and literally coaches in FEAR. How many good head coaches make decisions out of fear?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
He's just a "rah-rah" type of coach and his act is wearing thin. Time for him to put up or shut up. Problem is, he'll lose the team entirely this Sunday once the Eagles & JHow/Alshon destroy them. Sunday will not be pretty. Been saying that since before the season and it's going to be worse than I originally thought

Visor Boob is going to be staring at his half-blank laminated playbook calling random, disjointed plays, telling himself "be you" as the score is 3 -24 in the first half.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Visor Boob is going to be staring at his half-blank laminated playbook calling random, disjointed plays, telling himself "be you" as the score is 3 -24 in the first half.

Philly just might break Trubisky, mentally & physically. Or at least whatever is left of him.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
My 10 year old nephew was asking why the Bears didn't try to get closer before trying that kick.

He also asked why the Bears keep throwing screen passes. His logic was if a screen is supposed to fool a defense then why keep running it?

If a 10 year old can call him out on his shit then Nagy is not a good head coach.
My wife is the sweetest person you could meet..She never says a bad word about anyone

Sunday..."I hate Nagy"

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
My wife is the sweetest person you could meet..She never says a bad word about anyone

Sunday..."I hate Nagy"
She's also extremely overweight, so I have to question her decision making.