CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Nothing new, but TL;DW

1. Mitch should be better, knows the offense better
2. Has the "keys to the car"
3. Thinks Mitchell has evolved and should be able to know when to take risks
4. Starting positions are set, uses pre-season for depth
5. Doesn't see himself playing; elbow is shot.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It would be pretty baller if all of our QBs got hurt in a playoff game and then Nagy suited up and there for 4 TDs in a fourth quarter comeback win haha

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How refreshing is it to have a coach who's comfortable with the media and always positive. What player wouldn't want to play for a guy like Nagy?

I said it during the 1st Packer game last season and got roasted because of the comeback but I felt it then and believe it even more now... This franchise has turned a corner and set themselves up for sustained success. The Bears may not win it all this year but they should be in contention for years to come.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
How refreshing is it to have a coach who's comfortable with the media and always positive. What player wouldn't want to play for a guy like Nagy?

I said it during the 1st Packer game last season and got roasted because of the comeback but I felt it then and believe it even more now... This franchise has turned a corner and set themselves up for sustained success. The Bears may not win it all this year but they should be in contention for years to come.

I mean, that post was pretty epic. Good times. :)

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It’s going to be weird when Bears fans can generally all agree and say “yeah the Bears have a good pretty good QB” during / after this season.

The kid is going to get shit on by some people no matter what he does. Those people need to see a sports therapist that specializes in coping with suddenly having QB.

Think of it like this: What if you grew up without a father. Went through most of your adult life without one. Then one day, this dude shows up, gives you a hug, tells you he loves you, then wants to throw the ball around. That might fuck you up a little bit. That's what these people are going through. We need to be more understanding of them and their affliction.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think he is a coach that will be able to take the pressure of a few losses. Right now he is in the honeymoon phase with the media and the fans, but if we have a losing streak or a losing season, I think he will be able to calmly explain what he sees and how he will go about trying to fix it.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The kid is going to get shit on by some people no matter what he does. Those people need to see a sports therapist that specializes in coping with suddenly having QB.

Think of it like this: What if you grew up without a father. Went through most of your adult life without one. Then one day, this dude shows up, gives you a hug, tells you he loves you, then wants to throw the ball around. That might fuck you up a little bit. That's what these people are going through. We need to be more understanding of them and their affliction.
QB abuse is a real thing man. Every time I see CRM post I mutter “fuck you cutler” under my breath to myself.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There should be no excuses this year. I know some will start blaming the o-line if things aren't rosy, but that's expected. There's always a few of those.

Are we allowed to blame the offensive line if Montgomery has a hard time running getting hit as soon as he is handed the ball, or does this just pertain to Trubisky?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would be pretty baller if all of our QBs got hurt in a playoff game and then Nagy suited up and there for 4 TDs in a fourth quarter comeback win haha

Unfort. this isn't allowed per NFL rules. It reportedly came up back when Nagy was an assistant, more fresh off his arena league days. Nagy had to accept his playing days were over when taking that position.

Absolutely. People roast me when I say similar about Pace too. IMO both give great interviews and are pretty straight up. Actually answering questions honestly. Very refreshing & exactly what CHI needs.

Anybody who didn't see a night & day improvement in that 1st Packer game is fooling themselves.

I think he is a coach that will be able to take the pressure of a few losses. Right now he is in the honeymoon phase with the media and the fans, but if we have a losing streak or a losing season, I think he will be able to calmly explain what he sees and how he will go about trying to fix it.

Eagles game was sure as hell no honeymoon. Honestly nothing since that game has been. He's using it as fuel & focus.

--------

With Nagy having Mitch "try things" to learn what throws he can/should make vs not...it'll be diff. for him to dial it back now. Hopefully he's getting enough "real" practice reps to actually go for it when he can/should & hold off when it's too tight a window. + trust & timing with each receiver. All takes experience. I'm certain this O will be much better, but Mitch will miss a throw or 2, and will have an INT here & there. It's gonna happen. Hopefully the learning curve at 200 level offensive school is still highly productive. I think it will be. DM's run game will help a ton with that.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
Unfort. this isn't allowed per NFL rules. It reportedly came up back when Nagy was an assistant, more fresh off his arena league days. Nagy had to accept his playing days were over when taking that position.

Absolutely. People roast me when I say similar about Pace too. IMO both give great interviews and are pretty straight up. Actually answering questions honestly. Very refreshing & exactly what CHI needs.

Anybody who didn't see a night & day improvement in that 1st Packer game is fooling themselves.

Eagles game was sure as hell no honeymoon. Honestly nothing since that game has been. He's using it as fuel & focus.

--------

With Nagy having Mitch "try things" to learn what throws he can/should make vs not...it'll be diff. for him to dial it back now. Hopefully he's getting enough "real" practice reps to actually go for it when he can/should & hold off when it's too tight a window. + trust & timing with each receiver. All takes experience. I'm certain this O will be much better, but Mitch will miss a throw or 2, and will have an INT here & there. It's gonna happen. Hopefully the learning curve at 200 level offensive school is still highly productive. I think it will be. DM's run game will help a ton with that.

I remember watching a clip about the 2006 season where Lance Briggs said all year, they used the 2005 Panthers postseason loss as motivation. Said that they walked off the field that night knowing they were the better team, but they hadn't played like it. Hopefully Nagy and the Bears treat the Eagles loss last January the same way.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Think of it like this: What if you grew up without a father. Went through most of your adult life without one. Then one day, this dude shows up, gives you a hug, tells you he loves you, then wants to throw the ball around. That might fuck you up a little bit. That's what these people are going through.
It isn't your father in the story. That would be Ommy.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember watching a clip about the 2006 season where Lance Briggs said all year, they used the 2005 Panthers postseason loss as motivation. Said that they walked off the field that night knowing they were the better team, but they hadn't played like it. Hopefully Nagy and the Bears treat the Eagles loss last January the same way.

That's all a coach can hope to do with what's given. Too bad Mike Brown and Tommie Harris were out for the 06 SB.
Similarly Eddie Jackson being out (and arguably Trey Burton) limited both sides of the ball that game.

Their motivation now is to dominate so much that no injury, blown play, missed kick, or ref can take away the W.

*edit: I think THIS is why many fans are so hard on Mitch & others - demanding perfection. It's self-preservation to avoid shit like the above losses or to GB in NFC Championship. Too damn painful to get hopes up & have that happen.

Last edited:

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Are we allowed to blame the offensive line if Montgomery has a hard time running getting hit as soon as he is handed the ball, or does this just pertain to Trubisky?
Pass pro vs road graders. I think the Bears OL are going to be fairly solid in both but not great in either.
Both Monty and Peaches Trubisky have the potential to hide any glaring deficiencies in either area.