Matt Nagy is a fraud..

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Matt Nagy is a fraud of a head coach. The bottom line is that Nagy benefited from a huge injection of talent with few injuries and the early returns from his gimmicky play design have fizzled out. The last 11 games the Bears are averaging only 18 points a game.

Nagy has destroyed the running game. He inherited the 11th best rushing yards/attempt team in the league and has taken them to to 26th last season and now 28th this year. Jordan Howard went from 4.1 yards/rush under Fox, to 3.7 under Nagy, and now back to 4.5 in Philly. Remember when Nagy needed a dual-threat RB to catch passes out of the backfield because a dual threat RB is so crucial for the offense? Pepperidge farm remembers. Well Montgomery is averaging only 2.5 targets per game which begs the question of why we needed to take trade away a decent player and use draft capital for someone we aren't even throwing to.

The passing offense improved last season, from 32nd in the league to 17th by adding 25 million a year in salary via Robinson, Burton and Gabriel but has now regressed to 31st. The Bears added 25 million annually and aren't doing much better than they were under John Fox and Dowell Loggains.

What about the defense? They did jump from 9th to 3rd in Nagy's first season, but are now back to 10th. With Khalil Mack.

Does Kansas City miss Nagy? With the #1 offense in 2018 and #3 this season, they don't seem to be missing a beat with Nagy gone.

Lets take Trubs out of the equation. Daniels, the hand picked apprentice of Nagy hasn't done much other than the Minnesota game and this is a guy who knows Nagy's system up and down. Brissett and Bridgewater seem adequate.

Nagy blew up the the 11th best running attack in the league, added 25 million dollars a year in receivers to adopt a 65/35 pass to run ratio that now is the 2nd to last passing attack in the league. All this from a guy who allegedly is an offensive guru.

Need even more anecdotal evidence.. the mysterious absence of Roquan Smith followed by a players only meeting after the 6th game of the season? Even in a 4 win season Fox held this team together better than that. The players know that Nagy is a fraud.

Its hard to believe that a 12-4 Nagy is now a bust. But all the evidence we need is right in front of us. NFL stands for Not For Long. For Nagy it was 6 games in 2018 (averaged 34.3 points). That was it. That was how long the league needed to figure out Matt Nagy. History says a coach can't reinvent himself. You either win with what you do well or find yourself out of the league. 2020 coaching candidates anyone?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
+1

lbeattie820

Liked Posts:
I will reserve judgement until Nagy is given an NFL QB.
I agree but he has destroyed the running game. My problem is, he keeps trying to make this team something they are not. With a great defense, the offense needs to use up the clock, and run the ball get some first downs. Coming out and throwing the ball for 3 plays and using up 10 seconds will not endear you to your defensive stars. That is why they are quitting (the defense) yes they are quitting. They are saying why should I risk my career because Nagy is such a baby.

Great coaches adapt themselves to what is needed for the team, not make the team do what the coach does best. In our case establish the run, and that may mean having a full back with a split end and a wide flanker.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
All coaches look bad with terrible quarterbacks.

Also, I'm not sure if Nagy is the main person to blame for the lack of a run game. He coordinated an offense with the NFL's leading rusher before. We know he's capable of having a good run game with him in control of an offense. The problem to me is Harry Heistand and his inability to coach up his group.

I still also believe deviating from the zone blocking schemes they ran with Adam Gase and Dowell Logains to more of the man-to-man stuff with Hesitand has had a pretty big impact on the run game as well.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
No offense and no coach looks good with a trainwreck QB.

They took the training wheels off and Trubisky pissed himself and crashed the bike.

and I get we have a stable of shitty running backs but if you have one of the worst qbs in the league you don’t pass the ball 50 times in a game

and to op we had a ton of injuries last season we over game them

our defense has given up cause the offense sucks dicks

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Teddy Bridgewater comes in and the saints roll to win every game, and against some good teams.

The Bears ENTIRE OFFENSE is a mess. They can't run the ball. Trubisky is not an NFL starter at this point but to make excuses for Nagy is a joke. He is a charismatic Trestman.

jc456

Liked Posts:
I agree but he has destroyed the running game. My problem is, he keeps trying to make this team something they are not. With a great defense, the offense needs to use up the clock, and run the ball get some first downs. Coming out and throwing the ball for 3 plays and using up 10 seconds will not endear you to your defensive stars. That is why they are quitting (the defense) yes they are quitting. They are saying why should I risk my career because Nagy is such a baby.

Great coaches adapt themselves to what is needed for the team, not make the team do what the coach does best. In our case establish the run, and that may mean having a full back with a split end and a wide flanker.
again, the inability to use the talent one has. It's what every coach to date for some ten years now has failed to do. The play that Mitch took the sack in the second qtr, two receivers were fking wide open and he was looking at one's direction with no one within five yards and doesn't throw the ball. That play worked, and mitch held the ball. Why? Why not ask mitch why he didn't throw it? come on, we've seen the tape now. why? where's the question? this is what frustrates me, no one asking correct questions from all these football genius'. come on man.

he's fking looking right at him nothing but time and he eats it. and Miller is fking widddddddeeeee open. shit.

Attachments

• 1571772728478.png
    1571772728478.png
    205.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
and I get we have a stable of shitty running backs but if you have one of the worst qbs in the league you don’t pass the ball 50 times in a game

and to op we had a ton of injuries last season we over game them

our defense has given up cause the offense sucks dicks

This is like Trestman with Cutler. Trying to do the same shit every single week without realizing the QB isn't going to magically turn into a competent QB the following week. You have to make adjustments to your coaching style and get out of your bubble. Maybe he would be better off handing off the playcalling duties but that was the entire point of why he was hired.

Eventually Nagy has to be held accountable for how bad the team has been especially if the defense checks out on him.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've thought since day one we hired a glorified quarterbacks coach...but then it turns out he doesn't even coach mechanics, and "How you throw is how you throw."

This could get really, really ugly.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Runs the ball 7 times in a game.

"But the QB..."

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Nagy is hot trash. And he's stupid. He needs to take a long look in the mirror and change the way he's doing things. But he won't. Because 90% of NFL coaches are stubborn dipshits that think "It's my way or the highway". The other 10% are coaches that adapt and win.

Trubisky is average. He sometimes dips below that average line, and sometimes he rises above it. Because of what he is, he needs to be put in a great situation to succeed. But he fails with failures all around him, because he's not good enough to elevate the play of the players around him. He looks pretty good throwing to Allen Robinson, though. That's because Allen Robinson is a fucking god. Trubisky's ceiling is significantly lower as a never-run pocket QB than what it was before he got hurt in that Vikings game. To be fair, he would have to be in the perfect situation to thrive. And if cracks started forming in that perfect situation, he'd be the one to likely blow the whole thing up. He's just not that good.

Unfortunately for us, Nagy has completely taken Trubisky's legs out of his game, and tried to turn him into a pocket statue. But he sucks at that. So here we are. He has also failed to run the ball, which then puts even more pressure on his struggling QB. But it's all good for Nagy, becauseTrubisky is the scapegoat. Unless we get a generational talent type of QB, we're gonna see how shit this offense is again with another poor schlub behind center. Because the real problem behind the offensive failures of the 2019 Chicago Bears have all been created by Matt Nagy himself.

In other words, we are probably fucked.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All that matters is wins and loses. Matt Nagy is 15-8 since coming here. He inherited a team that was 5-11 the year before.
I fully expect the Bears to win big Sunday vs the Chargers and fix whatever has been wrong the last 2 games. Bears fans expect too much.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I think his play design is great, he constantly has guys getting open.. Mitch just doesn't understand what is going on.. and when he does. He overthrows them anyway..

But he does need to get better as a play caller..