Meatball Revolution

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fellow Meatballs,

Now that Robbie has assured himself of getting his house TP'd by spurning the spurious supplications of Mr. Ryan Pace, let's move forward.

We have a potential Super Bowl team in Chicago. The Bears certainly have the talent and after last year, they've got playoff experience. Kicking, IMO, will still hold them back.

Why not try something new? Why not run a "hurry up" 2 point conversion after every touchdown? The defense is tired, disheveled and disheartened. Give them no respite and run a play as soon as you can call it.

With all the joystick laden talent we have on the offensive side of the ball, including #10, I believe it would wreck and defense physically and mentally. Then...imagine bringing in a fresh E. Goldman (Why am I the only one talking about him?) or A. Hicks to play FB on a dive.

The Bears could revolutionize the NFL and minimize the need of a FG in late game situations, perhaps.

Silly? Perhaps. But no sillier than what we've done so far since double-doink.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Fellow Meatballs,

Now that Robbie has assured himself of getting his house TP'd by spurning the spurious supplications of Mr. Ryan Pace, let's move forward.

We have a potential Super Bowl team in Chicago. The Bears certainly have the talent and after last year, they've got playoff experience. Kicking, IMO, will still hold them back.

Why not try something new? Why not run a "hurry up" 2 point conversion after every touchdown? The defense is tired, disheveled and disheartened. Give them no respite and run a play as soon as you can call it.

With all the joystick laden talent we have on the offensive side of the ball, including #10, I believe it would wreck and defense physically and mentally. Then...imagine bringing in a fresh E. Goldman (Why am I the only one talking about him?) or A. Hicks to play FB on a dive.

The Bears could revolutionize the NFL and minimize the need of a FG in late game situations, perhaps.

What happens again when we line up for a FG in the waning seconds and nobody has kicked a FG all year????

Last edited:

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
We'll be up so much it won't be neccessary. And btw, kicking pats wont help them nail a 40 yarder. A false sense of confidence perhaps.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm not as concerned about EP's as I am about the Bears kicker (whoever that may end up being) being able to consistently hit 40 yarders.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'm not as concerned about EP's as I am about the Bears kicker (whoever that may end up being) being able to consistently hit 40 yarders.
We have had a history of bad placekickers and the between 40-49 yd kick

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
We'll be up so much it won't be neccessary. And btw, kicking pats wont help them nail a 40 yarder. A false sense of confidence perhaps.
Unless there is a 15 yard penalty......lol

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
Unless there is a 15 yard penalty......lol

You're right. Mitch will totally airmail any long pass! We're screwed.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Its not that whacky of an idea. There are some coaches who are much more aggressive on 4th down than they ever used to be and I do think we should be doing some more two point conversions. If your near 50% it's a wash.

Maybe we could get Doug Flutie to come back and be our backup and drop kicker

Reactions: DC

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Can you tell me how to recover from this "Gould to CHI" withdraw???
first the nba free agency fuckery and now this...if one of those two kickers miss anything at training camp i'ma yell out ROBBIE!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Fellow Meatballs,

Well if this is serious and not tongue in cheek, two issues prevent it:
1) All TD's are reviewed
2) Team must tell the refs were to spot the ball based on 1 or 2 pt try option.

Hurrying up is not an option.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or we could do what every team does...move on and find a kicker......every team does it.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem is you need a good QB to convert 2 pointers on a regular basis.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
With this defense? Punt the fuckin ball anytime outside the redzone... Get the best coffin punter out there and put the opposing offense inside the 5, get a safety then get the ball back. No brainer.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

How's that supposed to work when the refs are obligated to review every scoring play, and usually do so 20x times even for obvious scores?

Should Nagy then phone the Network & tell them to cancel the commercial break until after the zippy 2 pt attempt? Usually they show the kick/attempt before commercials, but not always.

-----------------
The freak out over kicker is overplayed IMO. There's plenty of proven vet kickers on the street, the Bears can have dressed in a day if the two current rooks don't pan out. Teams replace kickers all the damn time without any news breaks.

And to boot (pun intended)...Bears were never blown out in year 1. With modest improvements in this O, last second kicks shouldn't even be a need.