Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yet Dallas swept them.

Neither is "easily" the best team in the division, they're clearly close.

When it comes to young talent, Dallas has as much as anyone in the conference.

Fair enough. Can't argue against the results, not even the 2nd win in overtime. Cowboys to me are another team that routinely manages to do worse than they should. I'm still not convinced the Cowboys won that division so much as the Eagles managed to lose it but you're nonetheless right. Cowboys took both of those games and never looked back.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
This isn't hate.

"7. Chicago Bears
Projected wins: 9.1
Chance to make playoffs: 55.6 percent

Where the team improved this offseason: Running back. This might not be a popular opinion, seeing as how Jordan Howard (traded to the Eagles) rushed for 3,370 yards over three seasons with the Bears. But Chicago's front office did a better job collecting running backs who fit head coach Matt Nagy's scheme, signing veteran Mike Davis and drafting Iowa State's David Montgomery in the third round. Combining Davis and Montgomery with explosive all-purpose threat Tarik Cohen gives the Bears more flexibility and pass-catching ability in the backfield. -- Jeff Dickerson"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...-rankings-projected-wins-playoff-chances-1-32

How are the Lions 24th? I read on CCS that they're better than the Bears at pretty much every position.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
How are the Lions 24th? I read on CCS that they're better than the Bears at pretty much every position.
This isn't hate.

"7. Chicago Bears
Projected wins: 9.1
Chance to make playoffs: 55.6 percent

Where the team improved this offseason: Running back. This might not be a popular opinion, seeing as how Jordan Howard (traded to the Eagles) rushed for 3,370 yards over three seasons with the Bears. But Chicago's front office did a better job collecting running backs who fit head coach Matt Nagy's scheme, signing veteran Mike Davis and drafting Iowa State's David Montgomery in the third round. Combining Davis and Montgomery with explosive all-purpose threat Tarik Cohen gives the Bears more flexibility and pass-catching ability in the backfield. -- Jeff Dickerson"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...-rankings-projected-wins-playoff-chances-1-32
It's not love either. I think ranking them 7 is bit of a low shot. More so, projecting 9 wins is pretty insulting.

I can see ranking Pats, Eagles and Chiefs ahead of the Bears. Saints is debatable. = p

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's not love either. I think ranking them 7 is bit of a low shot. More so, projecting 9 wins is pretty insulting.

Nobody projected more than 10.5 (Patriots). I don't see how 7th for a team that just lost at home in the wild card round is low. Bit of bias in your judgment I would argue.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Skins beat the Cowboys the first time they played them and were leading the division when Smith went down. Cowboys definitely underperformed early on based on their talent. Getting Cooper was huge for them. Imagine if Nagy was their Head Coach. Then smile because he’s ours.

Cowboys will be bleeding talent soon, since they won’t be able to sign them all.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Skins beat the Cowboys the first time they played them and were leading the division when Smith went down. Cowboys definitely underperformed early on based on their talent. Getting Cooper was huge for them. Imagine if Nagy was their Head Coach. Then smile because he’s ours.

Cowboys will be bleeding talent soon, since they won’t be able to sign them all.
Especially after they make Dak Prescott the highest paid QB in the league...lol

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Dak Prescott of former HoF bound glory? Does anyone still think he is the long term solution at quarterback in Dallas?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Madden ratings rank slightly ahead of PFF.....

At least Madden ratings have a use. Albeit a video game, but at least a practical application none-the-less.
Madden ranked Hicks an 87 ovr and I (as well as him) am FURIOUS!!

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I really don’t get the Dak hate from people like Xero. He’s certainly done more than Mitch has so far. You could certainly win a super bowl with Dak. He’s not Aaron Rodgers but he’s also not Nathan Peterman. I would say he’s at least more than serviceable.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hicks will be on his last legs before the finally fucking give the man his due credit. Underrated by his peers, underrated by the fans and underrated by Madden. He always seems to use it as motivation though so credit to him.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really don’t get the Dak hate from people like Xero. He’s certainly done more than Mitch has so far. You could certainly win a super bowl with Dak. He’s not Aaron Rodgers but he’s also not Nathan Peterman. I would say he’s at least more than serviceable.

I'm a fan of a sport that expects marked progress from their shiny new quarterback. Dak is a case in stagnation and regression. Convince me otherwise.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I thought they had him at a 94 last year. While he had 1 less sack from the prior year his PDs went up and FFs....

I guess he got robbed.
I have no idea tbh, I don't play that game. I'll take your word for it.

I will say this: Madden is notorious for altering their ratings of individual players to adjust the teams overall to be more in line with what they think is fair.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no idea tbh, I don't play that game. I'll take your word for it.

I will say this: Madden is notorious for altering their ratings of individual players to adjust the teams overall to be more in line with what they think is fair.

I just looked it up. I haven't played Madden in a decade+.

Supposedly they update it from time to time.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Being voted to the pro bowl by being one of the top QBs =/= being invited to the pro bowl because other people didn't go.
So another thing Mitch and Deshaun Watson have in common......

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I'm a fan of a sport that expects marked progress from their shiny new quarterback. Dak is a case in stagnation and regression. Convince me otherwise.
Stagnation? Sure. Regression? No. His numbers and performance haven’t been as good as his rookie season but they’ve certainly rebounded nicely last season. Comp%+ is well above average, Int%+ is well above average, Rate+ above average, also average yards per attempt+ and net average yards per attempt+ are both above average too.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Well I'm not like xero. I also dont think you'll win a SB with Dak if he's not on his rookie contract. If you pay him at a serviceable level, yes. But Jerry's going to give him elite money...

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Well I'm not like xero. I also dont think you'll win a SB with Dak if he's not on his rookie contract. If you pay him at a serviceable level, yes. But Jerry's going to give him elite money...
That can be said for a ton of QBs. It’s becoming harder and harder to win with a QB who isn’t on his rookie deal in general with the cap limitations.