Meet the donors: Does Money Talk (HBO documentary)

vincentvega

Liked Posts:
Has anyone seen "Meet the Donors" on HBO? If not you have to check it out. The reality is that it not telling us anything that we all don't already know BUT to see it detailed like this is really unbelievable and even a little scary. Large corporations, special interests and the über wealthy really have all of the control. They either directly or indirectly determine the direction of the country. The politicians are puppets on a string for these groups. Things really need to change..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I enjoyed the T. Boone Pickens segment, he talks about how he donated so much money to Republicans and they bailed on him (only six R Senators voted his way) for a piece of legislation that he thought he had already paid for. It turned out the Koch bros outbid him and wanted a different outcome.

It was interesting, but nothing new really except the personal stories. We did already know this shit was going on, right? Bottom line is nothing will improve until Citizens United is overturned.

Warning: this film is the work of Satan's daughter, Alexandra Pelosi.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I enjoyed the T. Boone Pickens segment, he talks about how he donated so much money to Republicans and they bailed on him (only six R Senators voted his way) for a piece of legislation that he thought he had already paid for. It turned out the Koch bros outbid him and wanted a different outcome.

It was interesting, but nothing new really except the personal stories. We did already know this shit was going on, right? Bottom line is nothing will improve until Citizens United is overturned.

So I wonder if T. Boone Pickens got his money back from the pubtards. :thinking:

vincentvega

Liked Posts:

Yes that was very interesting.I thought T. Boone was a straight shooter. Seemed like everyone had the same schtick about why they donated but he was one of the ones that really just put it out there . Agreed this is nothing new I guess it is just hypothesis and conjecture until you actually have a donor flat out saying it and pointing to specific pieces of legislation they influenced or tried to influence.

So funny how everyone initially said they donated because they believed in the platform of the politician they were donating for and that was the only reason they did it. Then the interviewer dug down and they admitted that if they had something they needed to discuss or an opinion they wanted to voice these politicians would pick up the phone when they called.

It seems as though there is a small contingent trying to elicit change. That change is really advantageous to the public in large. So tough to do when you have all of that money fighting against that change. Will take a a long time to get the system fixed..

Hahah yes it was but I felt it was fairly balanced in terms of contribution influence in either party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk